Colombian Gold Grow: Come Learn With Me How To Produce Your Own Seeds!

thanks beez! the count starts after they pop their heads? or when she is planted..?

I start counting after she has her first set of permanent leaves and you can see the second set JUST STARTING to peek out.

I've grown, I think 4 or 5 DDA plants. I think if you were to start treating her around day 25 (provided she isn't a freak like the first one) you would be fine. That is my "start treating" day when I don't know the strain. Now the Quarter Pounder I reversed a ways back in this thread it didn't start showing pistils till about day 42ish ( can't remember exactly) but I had grown that strain prior and the first one started showing pistils on day 38 so that was the date I used for the second one and started treating her on day 33. So I was 9 or 10 days treating her before she showed pistils and it worked out just fine. Now, I use colloidal silver so I'm not sure how the two would compare.

@mamak420 if you're not able to determine the approximate start of flowering for either of your three strains if it were me I would start treating the Blueberry and Dulce de leche at day 24, and wait till day 28 to start treating the Blue Amnesia. Sativa dominant / Sativa auto strains seem to take a little longer to start flowering.

Hey! She's a freak, but she is my freak. :)

I was actually shooting for Day 20 for the first DDA, based on what you and some others had mentioned for timing to first pistils. Then the freak threw pistils on Day 18. Going to keep Day 20 as the target again for second attempt.

@mamak420.... @Pennywise has a great tutorial in his signature line on using STS. In addition, @Old Salt has a journal currently going where he shows how he created his STS liquid, as well as his application technique. And of course this threat from @beez0404 is a wealth of information too.

ill be using cs..this is not my photo, found it on google, but at this stage here you start counting? i want to be sure i time it right.

Attachments

• cannabis-4044903_960_720.jpg
    cannabis-4044903_960_720.jpg
    211.9 KB · Views: 62
Lol last line n my signature

ill be using cs..this is not my photo, found it on google, but at this stage here you start counting? i want to be sure i time it right.
Younger then that. I start counting pretty much when the first set of permanent leaves are fully formed.

This is exactly what I use and have been using with great success.
$19.95 + shipping on the Zon and this is a 16 oz bottle as opposed to the 1-4 oz bottles of the "recognized name brand" products which sell for MUCH more. Also, I use this full strength but apply it with a brush and apply it only to the branches and stems not the leaves.

So as fas as I understand it. I got some Tiresias Mist aka colloidal silver.
Example; I grow out 1 fem auto plant, spray 1 branch or clone repeatedly for a few week, it grows male parts, collect male pollen and dust a 2nd branch or clone obviously with care not to infest the whole plant. Thus creating seeds that are an exact copy of the original fem auto plant. Correct? I could also use the male pollen on a different strain and have cross breeds correct. But since im just interested in making more seeds of the same plant I have now. I should have no fear in making hermi seeds, just lots of fem seeds correct?

Thanks

So as fas as I understand it. I got some Tiresias Mist aka colloidal silver.
Example; I grow out 1 fem auto plant, spray 1 branch or clone repeatedly for a few week, it grows male parts, collect male pollen and dust a 2nd branch or clone obviously with care not to infest the whole plant. Thus creating seeds that are an exact copy of the original fem auto plant. Correct? I could also use the male pollen on a different strain and have cross breeds correct. But since im just interested in making more seeds of the same plant I have now. I should have no fear in making hermi seeds, just lots of fem seeds correct?

Thanks

Short answer: Yes, that is right. If you use the pollen you create on the same plant, you will end up with the same thing you started with, a fem/auto.

Longer answer: If you use the pollen from a fem/auto on another fem/auto of a different strain, you will still get a fem/auto, but with a mix of traits from the two parent plants.

If you do a fem/auto x fem/photoperiod, you will end up with 100% fem/photos in the first generation of offspring. If you cross those siblings, the next generation (the "grandkids" of the plants you started with) will be 25% fem/auto and 75% fem/photoperiod.

Perfect. Yip just tryn to preserve the strains I already have and like. In the future maybe Ill cross some. Im still watchin this thread and will contribute when feasible :) Thank you

I should have added... everything I wrote above is a combination of old high school biology (a LONG time ago) and what I've read here from folks like @beez0404 @Pennywise and @Chris Scorpio. I am just reversing my first plant - also an auto - and anxiously awaiting the arrival of "floral testicles." LOL. :)

Back
Top Bottom