Colombian Gold Grow: Come Learn With Me How To Produce Your Own Seeds!

The lights in my flowering tent go off at 9pm. There are a number of nights where I'm kicked back, settled in for the evening when the alarm on my phone goes off at 8:53pm telling me it's time to get off my lazy ass and apply the CS to whichever plant I'm reversing at the time. I get up and do it because I don't want to give the treated branch a break. But when you've reached 30 days and still not seeing any boy parts it can get tough to keep at it. Fortunately (sorta) the Quarter Pounder auto I treated didn't show any boy parts till I think 36 days after I started applying the CS. So now I know to be vigilant even after 30 days.

Another piece of the reversing toolkit arrived today. Thanks to @Old Salt for selling me some of his batch. Will get tucked away in the fridge for a few weeks. I now have STS and CS for the applications. By way of seeds, there is 1x DDA and 1x one Super Skunk auto - both germinated within the past few days. I'll apply one of the chemicals to one cultivar, and one to the other plant, just to see which treatment I like better. If I get pollen from both, I am not sure which crosses I will do yet, but definitely a DDA x self for more seeds if I can. Thanks @beez0404 for encouraging me to add a second plant to the mix. Hoping that I might be able to try storing some pollen as well.

See if you can find a small box to put that bottle of STS into to keep it in complete darkness. Never used the STS as I've had only good luck with the colloidal silver. So no sense fixing it if it ain't broke. I hope they both work for you.

Don't know if I mentioned it here or not but I just started treating a Purple Punch plant two days ago. I trying to go from clone form to seed form with my favorite strains. So I'm reversing a few plants this summer and fall.

I'll lose the clones once I have S1 seeds. I'm trying to scale down to just a couple plants at a time which is tough to do when trying to keep 9 different clones alive. I spend half my "farming" time taking cuttings off clones that have gotten too big, When I see roots the mom goes into the compost bin and the baby I keep...…….till she gets too big and I do it all over again. Ideally can reverse all my favorites and keep them in seed form. Then I don't have to mess with all that goes into keeping clones. But until I reverse them and produce seeds well then clones it will be.

See if you can find a small box to put that bottle of STS into to keep it in complete darkness. Never used the STS as I've had only good luck with the colloidal silver. So no sense fixing it if it ain't broke. I hope they both work for you.

Don't know if I mentioned it here or not but I just started treating a Purple Punch plant two days ago. I trying to go from clone form to seed form with my favorite strains. So I'm reversing a few plants this summer and fall.

I haven't used either STS or CS yet, but I thought trying them both at the same time (on different plants, of course) would be an efficient way to compare them. The bottle is tinted, and will be kept in a fridge in the basement that gets opened once or twice a week, so pretty dark and cool.

Saw you mention the Purple Punch a few days ago - excited to see how that unfolds for you. You and @Pennywise have been great "role-reversal models," so thanks for that.

I am seriously considering reversing one of the Quarter Pounder auto x Stardawg autos in my collection. They have not thrown pistils yet and since I have a young Incredible Bulk auto and an SSDC that should be of age by the time I get pollen (if I get pollen) the seeds should have plenty of time to mature. I have had the CS on hand for several months, I seem to get distracted easily by other projects is all.

When it comes to reversing autos I would rather be early then late starting the application of (in my case) colloidal silver. I pretty much start applying the CS on about day 25 or 26 hoping the plant will start to show flowers by day 30. But if it takes till day 40 that's okay in my book. The first time I reversed the Quarter Pounder auto it took 39 days till I saw the first sign of pistils starting. The second one started on day 33 and they were both from the same pack of seeds. So that just shows that it's not cut and dry, there will be variations.

This photo is of the very first bud I've pollinated on my highly prized Gorilla Glue #4 plant. I'm gonna go out on a limb and say it's pollinated. Now I just have to wait to see if seeds form proving the pollen is viable.

When it comes to reversing autos I would rather be early then late starting the application of (in my case) colloidal silver. I pretty much start applying the CS on about day 25 or 26 hoping the plant will start to show flowers by day 30. But if it takes till day 40 that's okay in my book. The first time I reversed the Quarter Pounder auto it took 39 days till I saw the first sign of pistils starting. The second one started on day 33 and they were both from the same pack of seeds. So that just shows that it's not cut and dry, there will be variations.

This photo is of the very first bud I've pollinated on my highly prized Gorilla Glue #4 plant. I'm gonna go out on a limb and say it's pollinated. Now I just have to wait to see if seeds form proving the pollen is viable.

Nice!

I'm hoping that the Gorilla Glue #4 plant I am reversing increases it's pollen production. I've been able to harvest a small bit, enough to dust a few small buds. But I'm hoping for a whole lot more then what I've gotten so far. We shall see how that goes.

The plant (Purple Punch) I began treating with colloidal silver on 6/15 is starting to chomp at the bit to get turned loose in the flowering tent. The plant she will be replacing is my Chem 91 X Cherry Aliendawg which is tentatively slated to be harvested on 6/25. I am pretty sure she will be ready to come down at that time. That will put her at 64 days post flip which is one more day then her mom flowered.

Here is a quick pic of the Purple Punch plant. She was up-potted back on the 10th of June. She has reached the light in my homemade vegging box but I'm trying not to have to snap any of her limbs over if I can help it.

Back
Top Bottom