Con's 3rd Indoor Auto Grow - Improved 3.0

Morning folks nearing the end of week 1 of veg day 19 total, the Double Grape is now in the ground & just the Godzilla Cookies left & should be in the ground in the next day or 2, they all look healthy & hoping they take off soon ( probably just building roots right now ) temps steady at 24-25c RH around 60% just upped the PPFD 600 where would yous set your PPFD at this stage ???, next watering/feed will be at full strenth at the level 1 mix & will water to run off, cheers folks appreciate your feed back

Looking good :thumb: Thanks for checking out my grows & all the love

Looking good :thumb: Thanks for checking out my grows & all the love
@con, I’d argue that your Double Grape is not only the same pheno I got, it also appears to be your very most healthy plant! Nice work!! Also nice work by Mephisto, eh? Consistency is key. Your leaves are identical to how mine looked at the same point. Killer.

@con, I’d argue that your Double Grape is not only the same pheno I got, it also appears to be your very most healthy plant! Nice work!! Also nice work by Mephisto, eh? Consistency is key. Your leaves are identical to how mine looked at the same point. Killer.
thanks Jon its hard to tell if the DG is the healthiest they all look like they are doing good, i need to get a regular light in there to take better pics between the led's & camera, i think i had the lights set to strong the last week so i lowered the PPFD by
50 & the plants seem to be happier, i've also decided to bend them all at 90 degrees whether they like it or not tall or short so that will be my project this week, thanks for popping in & enjoy your pink rosery it looks tastey

Everything looks great brother! Excited to see how these girls turn out.
:passitleft:
Thanks GG, me to just a waiting game but getting things dialed in, hope all is good at your end

Good Day :420:hope everyones week is going good the Godzilla Cookies auto is in the ground, i had put the coco coir pot on some rocks to keep it off the soil so it would be easier to see the roots when they pop through the pot they never did & should of been through a few days ago the other 3 had roots come through the bottom not the sides, so why not the Godzilla Cookies i did some research & the reason was air pruning, the roots will not grow through the coco coir if they sense air & light on the other side ( explains why the roots went through the bottom of the pot with the first 3 ) & not the GC, so thats it for now enjoy your week

Good Day :420:hope everyones week is going good the Godzilla Cookies auto is in the ground, i had put the coco coir pot on some rocks to keep it off the soil so it would be easier to see the roots when they pop through the pot they never did & should of been through a few days ago the other 3 had roots come through the bottom not the sides, so why not the Godzilla Cookies i did some research & the reason was air pruning, the roots will not grow through the coco coir if they sense air & light on the other side ( explains why the roots went through the bottom of the pot with the first 3 ) & not the GC, so thats it for now enjoy your week

They look good con.

Congrats on all the plantings, that's a healthy bunch!
i did some research & the reason was air pruning, the roots will not grow through the coco coir if they sense air & light on the other side
There's a reason not to use these coco pots again. You don't want air pruning to happen anywhere but in the final pots, so I can't see any advantage to these (or peat cups) over clear-in-solid solo cups,

Congrats on all the plantings, that's a healthy bunch!

There's a reason not to use these coco pots again. You don't want air pruning to happen anywhere but in the final pots, so I can't see any advantage to these (or peat cups) over clear-in-solid solo cups,
i hear what you're saying there Shed do you think it will slow or stunt growth ? from the vids i watched they say it will produce healthier roots more feeders

If you got them into the soil early enough then there's probably no difference, but I can't imagine how they produce more feeders if they're pruning them as they grow!

I would either use solo cups or go directly into the final pot (with good watering technique to keep the roots from drowning).
Thanks Shed i appreciate your answer was worried about shock like my last indoor grow with the one plant but probably try solo's or direct my next one Thanks again

Thanks Shed i appreciate your answer was worried about shock like my last indoor grow with the one plant but probably try solo's or direct my next one Thanks again
From the sound of it planting the coco starter pot would be like planting a really weak fabric pot. As soon as there's soil or other medium on the outside instead of air the roots will go right through.
Like putting fabric pot directly on the ground.

From the sound of it planting the coco starter pot would be like planting a really weak fabric pot. As soon as there's soil or other medium on the outside instead of air the roots will go right through.
True, if you plant it before the roots might be long enough to reach the shell, but unless you're nervous about sliding the rootball from the solo cup, I don't see an advantage.

Hey MH well my first 3 was on top of the soil & roots came through the bottoms & planted as soon as i seen them so they should be alright & the GC should of had roots coming through the bottom 2 days ago but was raised so hopefully its ok, guess i'll find out soon enough, but on the bright side i learned something Lol! i think in the future i just might go directly into it final pot, how do you start your autos ? solos ? or direct ?

Hey MH well my first 3 was on top of the soil & roots came through the bottoms & planted as soon as i seen them so they should be alright & the GC should of had roots coming through the bottom 2 days ago but was raised so hopefully its ok, guess i'll find out soon enough, but on the bright side i learned something Lol! i think in the future i just might go directly into it final pot, how do you start your autos ? solos ? or direct ?
I started them in peat pods. I then planted the CBD Lemon auto into its final pot.
The Dark Devil autos, one went into a 710ml nursery pot, then the ground, and the other went into a one gallon pot, then into the SIPish planter.
The Gorilla auto went into the final pot as well.
I like the idea of the coco pots, but like Shed said, the timing is probably important to keep from delaying them.
I don't have much auto experience so far.

I started them in peat pods. I then planted the CBD Lemon auto into its final pot.
The Dark Devil autos, one went into a 710ml nursery pot, then the ground, and the other went into a one gallon pot, then into the SIPish planter.
The Gorilla auto went into the final pot as well.
I like the idea of the coco pots, but like Shed said, the timing is probably important to keep from delaying them.
I don't have much auto experience so far.
i see, yeah i can see if you didn't time it right ( hope i did ) it would stunt them, food for thought thanks for your reply MH

Looks good @con. Those plants to my eyes do not look stunted. Just small and short, but healthy. You get what everyone seems to agree on about not using the peat pots in the future. It doesn’t appear to have been a problem here.

I can’t resist pulling your leg about one thing:
Try uppotting to the center of the pot next time.

:rofl: Lol!!

To my eyes you just happened to choose some low, indica-esque plants. The DG is one for sure, she’s been sheer hell for me to spread out in the scrog. Kinda looks like the others are too.

Is it at all possible your light was/is set too high? When that is the case in early veg, you can get the opposite effect of too little light/stretchy stems. They stay low and tight. Idk if that’s the case but maybe check your light level and go from there? Just a suggestion. You probably would be doing well somewhere in the neighborhood of 600 ppfd for those?

Looks good @con. Those plants to my eyes do not look stunted. Just small and short, but healthy. You get what everyone seems to agree on about not using the peat pots in the future. It doesn’t appear to have been a problem here.

I can’t resist pulling your leg about one thing:
Try uppotting to the center of the pot next time.

:rofl: Lol!!

To my eyes you just happened to choose some low, indica-esque plants. The DG is one for sure, she’s been sheer hell for me to spread out in the scrog. Kinda looks like the others are too.

Is it at all possible your light was/is set too high? When that is the case in early veg, you can get the opposite effect of too little light/stretchy stems. They stay low and tight. Idk if that’s the case but maybe check your light level and go from there? Just a suggestion. You probably would be doing well somewhere in the neighborhood of 600 ppfd for those?
Good Morning jon yeah i off set purposely hopefully that plan will work out better for me if all goes the way i want, yeah i started out with to high of a PPFD these new lights spread the light out better than what i upgraded from even at the same PPFD, getting them dialed in, as i mentioned earlier the plants furthest back are getting 100 PPFD more than the ones in front due to 3 walls & the reflective material ( can't put everything in the middle cause i won't have room for the fan & humidifier everything would be just to close together ), my grow box is 4'x3.5' & need to upgrade to a 4x4 a 4.5x4.5 would be ideal, should help spread the light a bit better ( hopefully next payday ) i just bumped the PPFD to 700 PPFD @ the rear & the front plants are sitting at approx 610 PPFD & they seem to like that level for now, they actually responded very good with new growth, looked up a 4.5' x 4.5' tent & no one make that size so i think my best option would be a 5' x 4' dual room tent & cut out the divider wall, a 5' x 5' would take up to much room i live in a small 2 bd house with no basement

Good Morning jon yeah i off set purposely hopefully that plan will work out better for me if all goes the way i want, yeah i started out with to high of a PPFD these new lights spread the light out better than what i upgraded from even at the same PPFD, getting them dialed in, as i mentioned earlier the plants furthest back are getting 100 PPFD more than the ones in front due to 3 walls & the reflective material ( can't put everything in the middle cause i won't have room for the fan & humidifier everything would be just to close together ), my grow box is 4'x3.5' & need to upgrade to a 4x4 a 4.5x4.5 would be ideal, should help spread the light a bit better ( hopefully next payday ) i just bumped the PPFD to 700 PPFD @ the rear & the front plants are sitting at approx 610 PPFD & they seem to like that level for now, they actually responded very good with new growth, looked up a 4.5' x 4.5' tent & no one make that size so i think my best option would be a 5' x 4' dual room tent & cut out the divider wall, a 5' x 5' would take up to much room i live in a small 2 bd house with no basement
Gotcha. Thanks @con, appreciate the thorough answer. Here’s a thought regarding adding a fan if you need to relative to tight space: it is very effective and takes up zero vertical space to put a fan on the floor of the tent blowing upwards. Preferably through the plants. This not only costs you no space to add a fan, no light blocking, etc, it also greatly improves your airflow through the plants. And since it comes from underneath, it takes care of any moisture you may accrue down low where it’s sometimes hard to check or see readily. Especially on the underside of the leaves. All the plant functions improve with this type of airflow I’ve found. I do it every grow now. And if you have short, tight plants it’s especially important in terms of RH control and will really help. It’s my secret anti bud rot weapon. Before I discovered this I would sometimes get bud rot even indoors. Ever since I don’t even worry one iota. Just a thought for what it’s worth!

Back
Top Bottom