Cooking with The Chronic

Had about 1/4 cup of canna-butter left over but need more for a full batch of anything.
-Lightbulb-

Melted it down to brush over these.....

I'm bout to eat half this batch, right now. LoL
:ganjamon:

Made gummies today... or should I say tried.... I don't think the virgin coconut oil worked the best.... I also modified newty recipe, but it didnt really work out. Looks like I'll stick to the chocolates with the rest of this coconut oil. I ate a tester... It wasnt horrible but wasnt good either... waiting to see if I feel it

Made gummies today... or should I say tried.... I don't think the virgin coconut oil worked the best.... I also modified newty recipe, but it didnt really work out. Looks like I'll stick to the chocolates with the rest of this coconut oil. I ate a tester... It wasnt horrible but wasnt good either... waiting to see if I feel it
I also wonder if olive oil isn't the best carrier for gummies. Mine didn't stay solid at room temps but we thought it might be because there was no corn syrup. Maybe avocado oil is better.

I also wonder if olive oil isn't the best carrier for gummies. Mine didn't stay solid at room temps but we thought it might be because there was no corn syrup. Maybe avocado oil is better.
I'm thinking a more concentrated oil for gummies... and maybe the avocado oil.

Just received my magic butter machine in the mail a few days ago and have been gathering up different ingredients. Last night I decided to run my first batch of butter. I used 2 cups of butter, sunflower lecithin, and a full oz of trim from my dark devil and la confidential. Started it around 7 or 730 and wondered why it wasnt finished around 9-930 (used the 2 hour button). So I ended up falling asleep waiting on this damn thing, and woke up with it still running!!!!!

Is my butter trash now??? It ran for approximately 12 hours. Definitely lost some volume in the butter, but wondering if it damaged the potency? Im insanely pissed off, had super high expectations after hearing all good things. I went ahead and filtered what I had and put it in the mold. Also threw about a tbsp in my cup of coffee :nomo:. Still waiting for the results on that!

Any info would be appreciated as im brand new to the edible/oil process! :thanks:

Also going to give magicbutter a call as soon as they open and see what can be done about the situation (or why it happened). Not even sure they can make it right at this point. Especially if an entire ounce was just wasted, thats alot of meds!!!!

Whaddup everyone! :ciao:
I'm back at it today. Making a batch of gummies with fresh trim from the Incredible Bulk.
20180914_090404.jpg

BTW... the awesome new molds were imported all the way from Canada! Thanks @newty !!!
:hug:

I'm gonna tweak things a bit this time to see if I can't really "dial it in". I'll try my best to journal it all as I do it.

Stay lifted y'all!
:passitleft:

Trim went in the oven for 2 hours @ 240°. Made the house smell phenominal! LoL
2018-09-14-10-18-06.jpg

I'm using my normal "crack-cookah" method to infuse 1/2 cup EVOO.
2018-09-14-10-18-26.jpg

2018-09-14-10-18-44.jpg

2018-09-14-10-19-03.jpg

I'll be keeping it around 140° for the next 2-3 hours.
Hope to finish with a bit more than 1/4 cup... perfect amount for a batch of gummies.

So... it looks like everything turned out well. Waiting on them to set up a little bit more before trying...
2018-09-14-13-03-18.jpg

I made sure to have everything organized before I started so I wasn't fumbling over shit while my goo sets-up in the pot. LoL
2018-09-14-13-02-56.jpg

The jello is green apple flavored! Delicious
:drool::drool::drool:
Up next....
Fan leaf oil.
2018-09-14-13-02-27.jpg

Well... I think I might have finally figured it out! Gummies came out perfect! Taste & texture are on point.
20180914_135507.jpg

All of them popped out of the mould perfectly too! Stoked!
:thumb:
So, my final recipe was:
2) boxes (3oz) Green Apple jello
3) .25 oz gelatin packets
1 cup cold water
1/4 cup light corn syrup
1/4 cup infused EVOO

Started by pouring all the dry into a pot. I whisked in the cup of cold water, whisked in the corn syrup and put on medium/high heat. After about a minute on the heat, constantly stirring, I finally added in the canna-oil.
Continue stirring as it comes to a boil.
Removed from heat and immediately poured it into a dispensing bottle to fill my moulds. I recommend using an oven mitt... lol, that dispensing bottle can get hot!
:eek:

I've found that when the mixture is stirred & heated right up until it hits the mold, the texture is much better. Any time that mix can sit & cool causes hard spots.
:cough:
Now I just gotta test how they do at room temp. I think they are gonna be great!

Yummy. I just made a batch of brownies with my Brooklyn trim. Man when I woke up I felt like I was drinking all night omg.
Yeah, my canna-butter omelette left me with a hangover too.

My wife likes to put decarbed trim on my sub sandwiches. I’ll be at work and take a big chomp next thing I know is my whole mouth taste like killer pot. I’m like omg really at work. But it’s fun. Haha

I ate a 1000g chocolate bar from the dispensary and I don’t think I got high. But home made yes please. Maybe it’s all in our heads. O well if my head likes it I do also :p

Just received my magic butter machine in the mail a few days ago and have been gathering up different ingredients. Last night I decided to run my first batch of butter. I used 2 cups of butter, sunflower lecithin, and a full oz of trim from my dark devil and la confidential. Started it around 7 or 730 and wondered why it wasnt finished around 9-930 (used the 2 hour button). So I ended up falling asleep waiting on this damn thing, and woke up with it still running!!!!!

Is my butter trash now??? It ran for approximately 12 hours. Definitely lost some volume in the butter, but wondering if it damaged the potency? Im insanely pissed off, had super high expectations after hearing all good things. I went ahead and filtered what I had and put it in the mold. Also threw about a tbsp in my cup of coffee :nomo:. Still waiting for the results on that!

Any info would be appreciated as im brand new to the edible/oil process! :thanks:
Hey Laquer! 12 hours only made your butter more potent, not less. Not sure what 12 hours at 160º does to butter but a google search might answer that question as it relates to butter generally being heated for a long time, having nothing to do with cannabutter. I ran mine 4 hours and it didn't go off by 4:10 so I pulled the plug. I think my 8 hour topical oil run did shut off on its own though. Post the results of your chat with the folks at Magical Butter please :).
Well... I think I might have finally figured it out! Gummies came out perfect! Taste & texture are on point.
All of them popped out of the mould perfectly too! Stoked!
:thumb:
So, my final recipe was:
2) boxes (3oz) Green Apple jello
3) .25 oz gelatin packets
1 cup cold water
1/4 cup light corn syrup
1/4 cup infused EVOO

Started by pouring all the dry into a pot. I whisked in the cup of cold water, whisked in the corn syrup and put on medium/high heat. After about a minute on the heat, constantly stirring, I finally added in the canna-oil.
Continue stirring as it comes to a boil.
Removed from heat and immediately poured it into a dispensing bottle to fill my moulds. I recommend using an oven mitt... lol, that dispensing bottle can get hot!
:eek:

I've found that when the mixture is stirred & heated right up until it hits the mold, the texture is much better. Any time that mix can sit & cool causes hard spots.
:cough:
Now I just gotta test how they do at room temp. I think they are gonna be great!
Thanks for that update P. Next batch of gummies will be with all the fans I have on hand, about three frozen baggies full. Anyone eating one will be taking their chances that's for sure!

Back
Top Bottom