Copperrein's Summer 2021 Outdoor Soil Grow

Looking good!

I was looking at the breeders for those freebies we both have and it looks like the “man” is responsible for Critical Purple Kush and the White Widow (aka, his label is on it and is the only “breeder” in the site that offers it). I went into my account and sent a ticket requesting who the breeders are for the Wedding Cake and Alien Rock Candy since the Alien won’t search and there are several breeders of the Wedding Cake. We shall see what they say....
I want to know about this Dutch lady named 'Nichole' that's supposed to be epic. Why can't I get those seeds?

Man I'll be crushed if my Wedding Cake doesn't end up all silvery and spikey like the ones I've seen on here.

Don't get me wrong: I'm totally happy with healthy green plants but the weird strains get me all excited deep inside.
I think it will! There are only two breeders listed and the only one “available in my area” is Barney’s Farm - which I would be thrilled with. :cheesygrinsmiley: I will let you know if I hear back. :nervous-guy:

Looking good!

I was looking at the breeders for those freebies we both have and it looks like the “man” is responsible for Critical Purple Kush and the White Widow (aka, his label is on it and is the only “breeder” in the site that offers it). I went into my account and sent a ticket requesting who the breeders are for the Wedding Cake and Alien Rock Candy since the Alien won’t search and there are several breeders of the Wedding Cake. We shall see what they say....
The seed place got back to me this morning. They are from their seedbank - so they must be breeding it but not offering it for sale....? Or I'm a dodo and can't see it! I'm still new at the seedbank thing soooo. They included a detailed description for both of them that I can post here (if that's okay, just let me know). I'm on my phone so will do it when I'm back home on a larger unit.

The seed place got back to me this morning. They are from their seedbank - so they must be breeding it but not offering it for sale....? Or I'm a dodo and can't see it! I'm still new at the seedbank thing soooo. They included a detailed description for both of them that I can post here (if that's okay, just let me know). I'm on my phone so will do it when I'm back home on a larger un
I'm not sure if you can post it here. Better to send it via message?
No rush, either!

Popped and planted thus far:

Gelat.OG x2
Wedding Cake
Sour Diesel
Triple Cheese
White Widow
GG #4

Yet to pop:

Alien Rock Candy
Rudeboi OG
Critical Purple Kush
LSD
HulkBerry

Saw someone (think a repost from RQS) using the little portion cups as teeny humidity domes. I already drop the seeds in them for the initial softening so why not?

DSC_0231.jpg

I suppose I should set up my sprouting stuff now. After running DWC this winter I'm not sure what I'll do to entertain the control freak side of my brain. Soil just feels...nope....don't wanna jinx this grow. >.>

Maybe keep practicing your hydroponic skills on other plants? Peppers, etc.
Have opposite issue, summer is the toughest time for outdoor gardening here because the heat, humidity, bugs, etc are TOUGH on plants (and the gardener).
Imagine your clothes being totally soaked in sweat at 9am just from walking outside!

Maybe keep practicing your hydroponic skills on other plants? Peppers, etc.
Have opposite issue, summer is the toughest time for outdoor gardening here because the heat, humidity, bugs, etc are TOUGH on plants (and the gardener).
Imagine your clothes being totally soaked in sweat at 9am just from walking outside!
Nooooo no no no. Not my sweaty cup'o'tea there. Mosquitos can DIAF.
Knock on wood but I think my chickens might be part of the reason I have yet to have bug issues on my canna girls. Brassicas? Whatever worms eat those must not taste good to chickens :< For the life of me I cannot get any sort of cauliflower, brussels sprout, or broccoli to survive to harvest :<

-

Checked the seeds: Rudeboi OG and Hulkberry have popped, though not as energetically as the others. LSD and Alien Rock Candy are the only two I'm still waiting on. No one from this drop has broken the soil surface yet (it's still really cold in here which is fine. If the seedlings drag their feet that puts a little less stress on me to get the tent harvested and hung sooner. If they're too slow I can always turn the furnace up :D ) I try to keep the air temp ~65f in the winter because propane is $$

I got the gumption to de-clutter my potting bench/overflow kitchen shit shelf and set up blurples and a heat mat. Maybe a nudge up in temp will get those last two to go today. If not I'll put them in the dirt tonight and see what's up in a couple days.

DSC_0299.jpg

The 2-noder in the front is that purple or pink kush CBD I popped awhile back out of boredom in my hydro journal (see sig). I don't like it as a medicine so I'm going to try my hand at doing a root over rock budzai with a neat piece of Dover flint the man brought back from the UK. It's fairly visually dynamic and has a fair amount of surfaces to coax roots into AND it has personal significance so yay artsy fartsy stuff! (I'll prolly forget about it in a year and kill it :D )

THE BLURPLE WAS THE KITTEN'S
but she decided to poop in the cat garden I had going and the whole thing molded over (she had hidden the poo) before I knew what was going on. Shame on me. It's fine, this draws almost no power compared to the little full spectrum thing I was using.

I'll sit in the back and watch.

There are other soil mix's that have much less inputs than subcool.

Looks like you got lots of what you need right there on the farm.

Check out leaf mold use that for you mulch layer and water thru.

Yer getting an early start, thats awesome. Good luck with the little ones.

I'm in NYS not even thinking about outdoor yet. Still snowing and its going to be that way for a while. Last year I didn't put any plants out until May 15th.

I'll sit in the back and watch.

There are other soil mix's that have much less inputs than subcool.

Looks like you got lots of what you need right there on the farm.

Check out leaf mold use that for you mulch layer and water thru.

Yer getting an early start, thats awesome. Good luck with the little ones.

I'm in NYS not even thinking about outdoor yet. Still snowing and its going to be that way for a while. Last year I didn't put any plants out until May 15th.
Thanks! That's about the same time I expect to have these in the dirt outside.

My grandma did the leaf thing! I totally forgot about that. There would always be these cool 'lids' of maple leaves on her container plants outside with an inner layer of funky white.

I suppose I should set up my sprouting stuff now. After running DWC this winter I'm not sure what I'll do to entertain the control freak side of my brain. Soil just feels...nope....don't wanna jinx this grow. >.>
You sure seem to try a lot of things which is impressive. That pic showing a gaggle of your plants outside in fabric pots in the first post, they look fantastic, presumably they were all growing in soil.
All 12 babies have broken the surface. Alien Rock Candy and LSD were the last to sprout.
Wow you're going to have a lovely variety at harvest! When my plants are harvested and I'm coping with the 'off season' I may look at what strains I can chance ordering as here in NZ it's difficult getting seeds successfully without them being seized.

You sure seem to try a lot of things which is impressive. That pic showing a gaggle of your plants outside in fabric pots in the first post, they look fantastic, presumably they were all growing in soil.

Wow you're going to have a lovely variety at harvest! When my plants are harvested and I'm coping with the 'off season' I may look at what strains I can chance ordering as here in NZ it's difficult getting seeds successfully without them being seized.

Yep, those outdoor plants were done in SubCool's Super Soil recipe. I'm always trying to improve and streamline stuff so I tend to keep playing around even if everything is working fine. Sometimes it bites me in the butt, but sometimes it helps.

Oh wow...so is there a limited group of genetics on NZ resulting from a limited supply of new beans? Oh man....what if places like NZ end up being Weed Galapagos'? Isolated in an evolutionary genetic sense...doing their own thing? That could be cool.

I‘ve not seen many sellers that give as many freebies as they do AND you can also get other Breeder’s seeds from them too. I’ve looked extensively at other options from sponsors but the prices and free stuff on top of that were why I made my last large purchase from them.....and I will likely do it again. I bought a bunch of autos and then got two sets of the White Widow, Critical Purple Kush, Alien Rock Candy, and Wedding Cake so now I need to figure out my grows inside and out!
I woke up this morning thinking about the lux reading I gave you - gonna go back out and confirm that I wasn’t remembering incorrectly (and make sure my buds aren’t hitting the light....oof.
What is this seed source you speak of

Subbed. I can't wait to do a outdoor run here but can't until about may or June. What all breeders are you're strains from? Quality differs alot when it come stop breeding u get what u pay for mostly

Wow NZ always wanted to go there. I hear y'all have covid under control

Can't really say who I bought them from since I've been told they and 420 Magazine had a falling out. They're in Spain. Here's a photo of all the strains I'm doing this summer and their respective packaging:

That said I think I'll prolly be going with Homegrown next time. I know more about how the whole seedbank vs breeder thing works now and I plan on shopping based more on breeder's strain as opposed to 'strain name'. Homegrown is a sponsor, Kyle Kushman and the whole 'learn to grow' series is brilliant, aaaand they're in the states. I feel better throwing money at frivolous things when it benefits something with a face I know.

On to the girls:

LSD did something strange: she pushed herself out of the soil, exposing her root and allowing the tip to 'air prune' away so that only a little nub remained. I used dental and sculpting tools to try to fix her and this morning she was upright and looking much better but I'm not holding out hope. I've got a lot of indica this year and kinda want to swap her out for Sour Diesel.

Some of the first sprouters got soil added and the first lady, Triple Cheese, got a full transplant as she was already pushing roots out of the party cup I started her in. She's very eager and I love her.

That one weirdo bottom leftish with the pipe cleaners is a CBD budzai I'm mucking about with. Nothing to see yet but had a thought this morning it'd be cool to do really epic bonsai plants and give them to NORML or Last Prisoner as a raffle or auction thing. Prolly not legal but I can dream :D

Back
Top Bottom