Corytheghost's Soil Bubba Kush Grow Journal: Oct 2020

Not too sure about that one. I could probably go to a 5 gal. next; but I prefer a nice root ball at each stage. I read something about this but don't remember where unfortunately. Had something to do with the plant growing stronger.
Sure, you can stalk it up with roots on the first pot and then since i have 5g fiber mesh pots, i just transfer it to there.
honestly in a 6ft tall tent with 2ft of it being for equipments, it only gives you so much room for the plant to grow. Keeping LSD training or super cropping in mind. Maybe if i had a 3gallon pots it would be different results. I'm not sure buds buddy.

I have too many steps as well @PK I definitely need to eliminate my solo cups, which i love btw. Great point to bring up.
Solo, 1gal, final in 10s, going to start off in 1s then 10s.
The most important is to veg underneath your big lights that you ise for flowering if theyre dimmers especially. Thats going to get a solid root base and bigger yield too.
Plus, solo are high maintenance when the plant gets older in that container. But if youre a beginner, solo is recommended due to overwatering
I'm sure with your skills you can find methods to reduce the impact. i'm not sure about solo cup to a 10g but im sure you have your methods that has worked for you and can adjust my idea to it if you think is worthy.
We never know until its tried. :popcorn:

I'm pretty old school on most my grows. I still plant my seed directly in the soil, pH my nutes, Flush at the end, etc. I'm just not sure how much of this stuff is Bro-Science & Real Science. I know the old school way works well as they've done it for years & years & it's been successful for me so I'm content. Now I do go with a modern set up & dial in things the best I can. Something they probably didn't have equipment for back then to do indoor grows real well. I'm sure they weren't feeding the kind of nutes that are out these days either.
I may have to try the bottom feeding at least once though in a comparison grow with 2 clones. Curious to see the difference.
your just a cool old school fella :ganjamon:

I probably wouldn't try bottom feedings in fabric pots in supersoil but definitely in promix in plastic pots.
I know it sounds different but i wouldn't go back if that says anything
when you keep feeding from the top the roots will constantly develop on top where the soil gets dried quicker.
In Veg i water to run off and i keep a bit of water in there for 10-15 min to really let the bottom to soak and then i remove the water. What that does is when the topsoil is getting dry, the bottom is still wet because it was soaked and does roots will start looking for source of water. Yes, you guessed it. Bottom of the put is still moist and those roots will start getting bigger.

you can press the pot and see how hard it is or how soft it is. The harder and less soil gets moved the more roots you have. but correct me if im wrong and you know something i don't :popcorn:

when you keep feeding from the top the roots will constantly develop on top where the soil gets dried quicker.
In Veg i water to run off and i keep a bit of water in there for 10-15 min to really let the bottom to soak and then i remove the water. What that does is when the topsoil is getting dry, the bottom is still wet because it was soaked and does roots will start looking for source of water. Yes, you guessed it. Bottom of the put is still moist and those roots will start getting bigger.

you can press the pot and see how hard it is or how soft it is. The harder and less soil gets moved the more roots you have. but correct me if im wrong and you know something i don't :popcorn:
I like you letting them soak up for 10-15mins, sounds like you are paying attention to little details. :high-five:

Starting from the bottom the first half gallon gets sucked up very quickly, like a vacuum. Then the other half or quarter is slower.
Youre totally right about the build up of roots on top, making it harder to get to the bottom sometimes. With my nutrients, total saturated with very little runoff is what im shooting for.
Nutrients/ just water/ Nutrients/just water. But thats different then other nutrient lines

lol i think we just jacked cory's journal. Sry bud!

Whaaat's going on in here??? Haha, nah just joking, it's great to see the interactions. I don't mind at all!

I think the humidity was way too low. I'm running the humidifier in the room with RO water. Seems to be better.

PXL_20201115_210900316.jpg
PXL_20201115_210910536.jpg

if you could just come up with a way to have a bit of air circulation in the tent then you are all set.

I would like too add, I have been gone for a few weeks from the forums just grinding away college.

Distilled water once open will keep dropping its ph as it grabs carbon dioxide from the nearby air. this is why the ph will lower. also distilled water fresh from the jug will not read a solid reading as there isnt enough soluble minerals for the probe to work properly. Your best bet is to check your pen once in a while in some ph testing solution.

From my understanding also lower rh that isnt extremely low. ex 40%. can be beneficial for growing as the dryer air causes your plants to attempt to drink water from the roots instead of allowing water into the leaves. Someone can correct me on this as im not super familiar with this part.

Yeah let’s calm it down a bit here!! Lol I’m sure Cory doesn’t mind but let’s not forget who’s journal this is. Relaying information is one thing, but let’s not argue about what’s right and what wrong here. We’re just here to help and guide him in the right direction. It’s up to Corey to do his homework and figure out the right methods he likes.

but there’s a right way and a wrong way for each method chosen lol so if he decides on a method and needs some small tweaking to it, you’re damn right you’ll hear about it Corey!! :rofl:

we’re passionate people here! Lol

I need you to tell me if I'm f***ing up!!

This first grow is paramount as it will provide experience for all future grows.. The plant is getting super big (to me). The serrated leaves are the biggest I've seen! Very excited to continue watching her grow.

@albertagrower thanks for the callout, I started using RO water and I have Mega Crop a day or 2 away.. not sure when vegetation stage is, but I imagine it will be after I transfer to a bigger pot..

I also turned down the light, seemed to be baking my plant and drying out the soil/air. It stretched a little bit but I think it should be good. I'm going to slowly turn it back up over time and see where it kinda is too hot. I feel like because the light is so high it is all reflecting off the mylar intensively.

Thanks all, here's a pic as of 10 minutes prior to me posting this. We are almost in full helicopter mode!
:yummy:

PXL_20201116_195538535.jpg

This first grow is paramount as it will provide experience for all future grows.. The plant is getting super big (to me). The serrated leaves are the biggest I've seen! Very excited to continue watching her grow.

@albertagrower thanks for the callout, I started using RO water and I have Mega Crop a day or 2 away.. not sure when vegetation stage is, but I imagine it will be after I transfer to a bigger pot..

I also turned down the light, seemed to be baking my plant and drying out the soil/air. It stretched a little bit but I think it should be good. I'm going to slowly turn it back up over time and see where it kinda is too hot. I feel like because the light is so high it is all reflecting off the mylar intensively.

Thanks all, here's a pic as of 10 minutes prior to me posting this. We are almost in full helicopter mode!

Looking great bro :passitleft:

Yeah, Pittsburgh is nice this year. :high-five:
Yeah bro Steelers are looking really strong this year.... that defence has been impeccable!!

Looks good bro!! Leaves are up and moving towards the light at a healthy rate!!

Hey Cory,
Just planted some of my first cross beans. The first one popped was thrown in the dirt from excitement. It popped but i always have 2 going, not one..lol..didnt think about it at the time, so i planted a shit ton of Sparkelicious, which @Backlipslide Named btw.

I closed all my flaps in the tent, humidity definitely low as it gets harder to germinate in colder weather outside.

I haven't watered my seedling since she popped on day 3. Looks like a least couple more days
20201117_143943.jpg

20201117_143948.jpg

I will continue to spray water around my tent couple times a day. I turned off all my fans to increase the temperature

Sparkelicious sounds vaguely familiar.. Your popstar persona?? :snowboating:

Looks like you have a lot of fun ahead @Sparkey224 and I can't wait to see them grow!

I received my nutrients and it seems they sent a sample product called microbial mass. My mega Crop is 9-6-17 but it came with 0 instructions so I'm going to have to do some calculating. Definitely will be starting with a very low dosage when the girl is ready.

Plants looking good. Pot still has weight in it. Going to see if she needs water in the morning. The 2 new leafs are really starting to define themselves as they grow microscopically.

Just got a notice that the maintenance and crew are coming into my apt. tomorrow to check for anything that needs to be fixed. I hope they aren't snitches :laugh: It's legal to grow but I'm concerned that because electricity is included in my lease they will tell me to f off with the plant, even though it's pretty low wattage and decently efficient. Powering 2 fans and a led 240w can't be that energy draining...

They are also installing energy monitoring equipment and gave notice the power will be out on certain floors for certain hours.

:nervous-guy::lot-o-toke:
PXL_20201118_003845588.jpg

PXL_20201118_003855393.jpg

PXL_20201118_002937530.jpg

Hey Cory,
Just planted some of my first cross beans. The first one popped was thrown in the dirt from excitement. It popped but i always have 2 going, not one..lol..didnt think about it at the time, so i planted a shit ton of Sparkelicious, which @Backlipslide Named btw.

I closed all my flaps in the tent, humidity definitely low as it gets harder to germinate in colder weather outside.

I haven't watered my seedling since she popped on day 3. Looks like a least couple more days
20201117_143943.jpg

20201117_143948.jpg

I will continue to spray water around my tent couple times a day. I turned off all my fans to increase the temperature

Hey bro, your Blackcherry x Boptang link isn't working in your signature :rolleyes:

Sparkelicious sounds vaguely familiar.. Your popstar persona?? :snowboating:

Looks like you have a lot of fun ahead @Sparkey224 and I can't wait to see them grow!

I received my nutrients and it seems they sent a sample product called microbial mass. My mega Crop is 9-6-17 but it came with 0 instructions so I'm going to have to do some calculating. Definitely will be starting with a very low dosage when the girl is ready.

Plants looking good. Pot still has weight in it. Going to see if she needs water in the morning. The 2 new leafs are really starting to define themselves as they grow microscopically.

Just got a notice that the maintenance and crew are coming into my apt. tomorrow to check for anything that needs to be fixed. I hope they aren't snitches :laugh: It's legal to grow but I'm concerned that because electricity is included in my lease they will tell me to f off with the plant, even though it's pretty low wattage and decently efficient. Powering 2 fans and a led 240w can't be that energy draining...

They are also installing energy monitoring equipment and gave notice the power will be out on certain floors for certain hours.

:nervous-guy::lot-o-toke:
PXL_20201118_003845588.jpg

PXL_20201118_003855393.jpg

PXL_20201118_002937530.jpg
Well done Cory, she is coming along nicely now. keep up the good work bud!
you got the version 3 of mega crop which consist of more pk booster if i remember correctly. You'll have some crazy harvest.

Also, i count veg day when i notice the first set of branches from the side of the first set of true leaves. I'm sure there are different believes :laughtwo:

Hey bro, your Blackcherry x Boptang link isn't working in your signature :rolleyes:

Well done Cory, she is coming along nicely now. keep up the good work bud!
you got the version 3 of mega crop which consist of more pk booster if i remember correctly. You'll have some crazy harvest.

Also, i count veg day when i notice the first set of branches from the side of the first set of true leaves. I'm sure there are different believes :laughtwo:
Hey PK, my signature is all f**** up. I tried a couple of times to "resize" it but can't figure it out. Thats embarrassing i know, just being honest..lol
If you click on "hello all" it should work..

Hey PK, my signature is all f**** up. I tried a couple of times to "resize" it but can't figure it out. Thats embarrassing i know, just being honest..lol
If you click on "hello all" it should work..
Nope, not working... when you copy the URL it seems to add what the name of the journal is at the beginning of the URL. So when you paste it into the linking area, you gotta make sure that’s deleted and only leaving the URL behind.

Back
Top Bottom