Corytheghost's Soil Bubba Kush Grow Journal: Oct 2020

how does she look today cory

The new growth looks good. The stem is purple or reddish up the last node and then it's green stem and leaves after... Very strange.. I think I need to pH my water down from 6.4 which I think is my RO water ph

Very strange and hard to research but I've been using the powers of the search engine.

I wonder if it's also a magnesium or calcium deficiency or a phosphorus deficiency..

PXL_20201125_042832595.jpg

PXL_20201125_042754243.jpg

PXL_20201125_042713322.jpg

PXL_20201125_042709349.MP.jpg

PXL_20201125_042649121.jpg

PXL_20201124_204828417.PORTRAIT.jpg

PXL_20201124_204822921.PORTRAIT.jpg

ok, cool. don't worry about those two leaves. They won't go back to normal.
I also wouldn't feed it yet. If you are using Promix starter mix, it has organic fertilizers that gradually feeds plants up to 3 months. so for now nothing but just water.

The root system has worked its way out and doing anything will shock it.
Not necessarily... if it has a good enough root ball formed, you can slide the root ball out of the pot, inspect the roots, and put the root ball back in. If the roots haven’t created a root ball, then it will all just crumble in you’re hand but it’s a great way to see what the toys are doing without actually transplanting.

if the roots are white then they’re healthy, if they’re brown or discoloured then they’re not healthy roots.

ok, cool. don't worry about those two leaves. They won't go back to normal.
I also wouldn't feed it yet. If you are using Promix starter mix, it has organic fertilizers that gradually feeds plants up to 3 months. so for now nothing but just water.
I don’t agree with that, but I’ll sit back and watch how everything goes :thumb:

Corey! The bottom leaves are usually first to go, so remember that and don’t get worried about them, don’t worry about the cotyledons going yellow either, that happens from time to time....but to me, that’s a sign of it asking for food....

but hey, won’t hurt my feeling if you wait three weeks to feed:thumb:

Not necessarily... if it has a good enough root ball formed, you can slide the root ball out of the pot, inspect the roots, and put the root ball back in. If the roots haven’t created a root ball, then it will all just crumble in you’re hand but it’s a great way to see what the toys are doing without actually transplanting.

if the roots are white then they’re healthy, if they’re brown or discoloured then they’re not healthy roots.

I don’t agree with that, but I’ll sit back and watch how everything goes :thumb:

Corey! The bottom leaves are usually first to go, so remember that and don’t get worried about them, don’t worry about the cotyledons going yellow either, that happens from time to time....but to me, that’s a sign of it asking for food....

but hey, won’t hurt my feeling if you wait three weeks to feed:thumb:

Not sure how you mean by taking the root ball out and sticking it back in. :laughtwo:
last time i dragged a seedling out of soil, i had to shake the soil off cuz the roots was gone deep into the soil and was compacted. I've found clear cup would be best for these stages as you can letterly see the roots.

about the feeding. I wasn't referring to waiting 3 months before feeding as that plant will need more then what the soil has. However, i think at this stage he could keep off on the feeding since the soil has plenty. The leaves also are showing a nice green colour which to me is another indication that the soil is good enough for this stage at this time.

I've really come to conclusion to read the plant before making a decision and this little girl is not showing signs of hunger. unless i am missing something? :hmmmm:

@Backlipslide

I appreciate your advice. I'm going to wait as this new growth looks good. I'm thinking it's a pH problem with my RO water being used in this mostly peat seedling mix. I decided I need to do runoff test, flush my soil, and pH my water with a very small amount of pH down or up to get it to 5.8 and also use megacrop and kelp to help support my plant and replace any nutrients that have been flushed..

Hopefully that's a good direction. The new growth looks great.. the old growth looks like I need to buy some bonsai pruners and cut off. I want the plant to focus all of its energy on the successful new growth not the necrotic tissue and yellowed coetyldons

Hey Sparkey!

Nah, I took the fan out of that tent. I was going to buy an oscillating fan that clips onto the grow tent frame.

Sounds like I need to expedite that purchase..

Soil I have does have small nutrient amounts.

PXL_20201125_202815201.jpg

PXL_20201125_202211557.jpg

PXL_20201125_202148759.jpg

PXL_20201125_042754243.jpg
With her being lighter green, i would definitely hit her with very very Small amount of nutrients, ( i have no idea with MC or the dosage)
She will bounce back, keep your eye on the wet/dry cycle bro.
"everything going to be alright".

Can I trim off the dead/yellow stuff?

I'll feed her for the first time tomorrow and hopefully get a darker green. It's a lot lighter green in real life vs phone pictures.

Hopefully I can figure out how to measure 1 mL of the kelp and perhaps a quarter or a half gram of MC into a gallon of RO water.
Sounds great bro, small amounts at first goes a long way. Also, i have my fan on in the corner of the tent not pointed directly on them but enough for the to "dance". This will help your dry time too.
Heres my little batch, fan is in the corner
20201123_121836.jpg

About 80 degrees F. and 30% rh. Which is low because of the weather outside.

Sounds great bro, small amounts at first goes a long way. Also, i have my fan on in the corner of the tent not pointed directly on them but enough for the to "dance". This will help your dry time too.
Heres my little batch, fan is in the corner
20201123_121836.jpg

About 80 degrees F. and 30% rh. Which is low because of the weather outside.
Sorry, didn't answer your question. Since she is small i wouldn't trim anything off until she gets bigger.
And yes, you can transplant it into a bigger pot. Its definitely not recommended since the roots are so fragile but i do it all the time. Make sure to transplant when the soil is wet. It helps keeping the soil and roots together, kinda like protection. Which is very soon but its easier for the plant. Im going into roots organic soil because these are regular seeds. Going to use supersoil for these girls to find a couple of phenos, just easier water only until theyre sexed.

Im about to transplant those solo cups into 1gal pots, once i water every 2 days, its time for me to go into a bigger pot. Im rambling, peace bro

The yellow is the cotyledons and those are only used by a young seedling, since it has no serrated fan leaves to suck the rays in from the light. They use the cotyledons instead, until the fan leaves come in...

I would leave them though. It doesn’t help if they come off nor does it help if they’re there, but I would leave them.

the first internode is the first finger from a fan leaf forming, so no I Would not cut that off..

i would definitely hit her with very very Small amount of nutrients
This ⬆️

I'll feed her for the first time tomorrow and hopefully get a darker green. It's a lot lighter green in real life vs phone pictures.

Hopefully I can figure out how to measure 1 mL of the kelp and perhaps a quarter or a half gram of MC into a gallon of RO water.
I would strongly suggest buying you’re self a scale and a set of measuring spoons so you can accurately measure this out :thumb:

to help get precise measurements with the liquid nutrients, I use a turkey blaster and properly measure out my nutrients, with minimal mess.

So I woke up at 6am which is 2 hours after my tent turns on at 4am.

Seems the top growth was sagging so I watered it (totally forgot to add nutrients although I don't really have anything good for measuring 1mL(eyedropper??)

Using a non-spray method is a really quick way to get runoff wow!

The soil is quite moist now but I'm not seeing much of an improvement up top..

I have a scale.. maybe I should mix up a quarter gram of MC with a gallon of water and use an eighth of that (500ml) the pot is super wet I imagine it will immediately just run through the pot anyways and hopefully the nutrients get caught up in the soil/rootsystem

PXL_20201126_192808180.jpg

PXL_20201126_192718502.jpg

I went to dollarama and bought a cheap set of metal measuring spoons. I use them strictly for measuring nutrients out. For a couple bucks it’s worth doing!!

what does the bottle say? 15ml per gallon of water?

she needs food man. Remember, even if you eradicated the problem right now, those spots will never go away. The trick is right now, is to slow it down, or stop it from spreading.

you’re PH’ing to 5.8 right?

the problem with those 50/50 mixed bags with peat moss and coco in it, is you never know what side of the ph scale the medium will be heavier on/needing....

If you were at 5.8 up to date, then when you give her nutrients, ph the water to 6.2 and see how she reacts to it.

if it worsens then flush and go back to 5.8...... I’m thinking she might be heavier on the 6.2 scale.

Hey @Backlipslide bottle says 5mL per litre so probably 20mL every gallon. I'm going out tonight and I'm going to get some small measuring cups and a garden syringe.

I'm not PH'ing my water at all! Straight RO water to the soil. I should buy some PH down and up while I'm getting those measuring tools.

New growth is going well but I noticed the purple/redness is climbing past the previous node into the stem of my new and nice leaves... Next feeding they are going to get hit by nutrients. MC and a lil Kelp extract.

I think you're totally right about pH issues. RO water can be 6.2-6.5 and I should be pH'ing to 5.8

PXL_20201127_191609851.jpg

PXL_20201127_191546331.jpg

PXL_20201127_191609851.jpg

PXL_20201127_191608226.jpg

PXL_20201127_191546331.jpg

PXL_20201127_191525438.jpg

Back
Top Bottom