Cottage 420's Organic Perpetual Indoor Garden

My cloning solution is a mix of Willow Bark Tea and Willow Shoot Tea - I do the dip thing just like you.

Then foiler daily with a weak kelp tea and water.

Willow is just starting to grow new shoots. Now is a good time to go take some willow shoot clippings here in the North East USA.

Can hang dry and/or make a fresh tea.

Willow Shoot Tea - recipe

1 cup willow shoots - cut with scissors short enough to fit into a quart mason jar.

A nice handful

fill jar with hot water and make a tea.

Let cool. Can refrigerate after cooling. Use as needed.

Dip cut into tea.

Thanks KJ - Wood have been a heavy yielder if I put her in a 7.5gal pot. She's in a #4 square nursery pot. She'd be in the ceiling in a bigger pot and I'd be shittin giggles. lol

She's pretty unique looking in person too. Really smelling good now and out smelling chemdawg (for now) today when I went in to say "hi".

It's just a waiting game now. A week, a day .... longer I wait the more risk. She's got a decent size main cola. It's been like that for a while now. I get worried about rot when they form early and thick like she did.

These were earlier pics. I'll take some more tomorrow and post em. She's coming along swellingly. I wish I took a cut. I hate when I say that. Actually did take cuts none survived that I know of. I may have one - its either this or the Mandarin Cookies I'm running.

Progression of 12 days:

Nothing has beat chemdawg to me for taste . That I love !

Have had some Come close such as red Congolese sativa dominate . Was fire and amazing taste . Was like I’m going to clean this house upside down lol

This pmb has a similar profile to
Chemdawg ... very curious to se what happens has I ripped a bong but dried out bud to fast or something black ash and hard to burn ?

I have a few theories as to why this happens ?

Was in fridge four days and left it in brown paper bag for day in 30_40% rh lol

Then bust it up and tried to rip it! Even though I had to fight to get hits I still walked my dogs high as fack lol. And I definitely taste some pleasant aromas .

Now cherry bomb is hanging in tent this has been fun trying to keep rh in range and temps too lol growers paranoia here brown . Every few hrs I run upstairs to check on those temps and make small adjustments lol

KJ - PMB will come around. Freshies are best Vaped I've found. Can really taste the terpines in a Vape. Don't really need to let it dry completely. lol

Always best when down around 60% Rh tho for sure.

The fridge will do the trick. A few more dazed is all we need.

OK so today was a busy day in the garden.

Took down Chemdawg (Topdawg) - 91 Star - started to see some brownish happening on a few sugar leaves. That usually means something bad like mold.

I couldn't see any but I've got some big plants in VEG right now so.... TIMBER down she came. Another week would have been good for yields but not gonna worry.

Also harvested Platinum Buffalo #5 this morning. So got 2 on the hook.

I trim off all or most all the fan leaves and hang the plants whole upside down with a 9" fan blowing to keep the air moving. RH in the house in 30-35% - GREAT for hang dry. Gonna rain tonight so had to close up the windows to keep the RH down.

Next girl into flower is another Jellium Polyploid Clone #2 - I put another clone into flower about 5 days ago and she stretched right to the ceiling in 3 days.

That plant had 4 main colas - apical meristems. I bent 1 over supercrop style. The other 3 stopped vertical growth as soon as I bent only 1 top over. I found that to be interesting. I'll get pics here tomorrow.

2 bushes on the hook better than 3 in the tent. or something like that. lol

Spring is here and in full swing.

Tomorrow we will be collecting (wild-crafting) Stinging Nettles + night crawler castings from the old growth forest close to our home. The soil has so much silica EWC sparkles. It's good stuff.

I did some transplanting today of my next round of seedings. I use bio gold mycos. When you look at the side of it, it says derived by kelp. I had to laugh. Its always the answer. Calmag and kelp lol.

Kelp and EWC - FTMFW :surf: Throw in a handful of that red kelp lithoanium <sp?> stuff Conrad likes and we really have some good soil.

Stinging Nettles
Is this the "weed" with sharp needles and a
Cirsium-arvense-Creeping-Thistle-Canada-Thistle3-351x221.jpg
purplish flower?

Naw, but that's one of my favorite wild flowers.

Nettles looks like this:

In flower:

1200px-Brennnessel_1.jpg

When we like to harvest them is before flowering and they look like this:

Not usually this big thankfully. You brush up against this plant - you gonna feel it.

nettle1.jpg

PMB Bx in flower:

Platinum Buffalo #6 - I think this is the keeper of the 6 I popped.

Fatty nugs not fatty nuggets. Wait... I'm not sure. I like nuggets. :rollit:

I cant stand waiting to chop.

Yeah buddy. Been drinking fresh nettle tea 1x a day for the last 3 days. Can feel it.

I swim train - didn't feel the sore/stiff until like 5 hrs later today. I'm sore now but puffin got me goin lubricatin my joints now and my brain too!

Boom Boom - double hit. lol :passitleft:

First test taster of the Chem - 91 Star. Has absolutely very little smell. I cant tell what it smells like. Which is weird.

maybe our whole house smells like weed and I just cant tell.

Getting pretty high with a very smooth & sweet with a chemical after taste.

Leaves a nice coating in my mouth - makes my lips and tongue numb.

So far so good - me likey the effect for sure.

I've got a hole big ass pile of stalks sittin in the trim tray.

Gonna be a nice haul.

A lotta nugs too.

Gonna keep some for my summer vay-K! Spread out some good ol NYC weeds for Canada Day, eh? yeah u right. Good stuff.

Ok while I'm working on figuring out how to upload and post pics I'm going to post my soil recipe I use.

I post it here a few times a year in case anyone would like to see what I do and how I make mix my soil.

Here's the recipe - "Coots Mix" - got this recipe from Clackamas Coots. The amendment mix and mineral mix can be purchased already made up. I've got all these ingredients in spades as we do more than just container gardening.

2 things I learned along the way gardening:

1) There's no substitute for a good quality compost.
2) You cannot amend your way to a good soil.

Here's the soil mix I use - feel free to ask any questions:

Acadian Kelp Meal @ 1/2 Cup per cubic foot
Neem Cake and Karanja Cake 50/50 Mix @ 1/2 to 1 cup per cubic foot
Crustacean Meal @ 1/2 Cup per cubic foot
Malted Barley @ 1 Cup Per Cubic Foot (ground fine in a coffee grinder)

Gypsum Dust @ 1 Cup Per Cubic Foot
Brix Blend Basalt @ 1 Cup Per Cubic Foot
Glacial Rock Dust @ 1 Cup Per Cubic Foot
Oyster Flour @ 1 Cup Per Cubic Foot

Mix with:

1 Quart of EWC (can be as much as 25% of the humus portion)
EWC = earth worm casting
1/3 humus = Compost/EWC/Vermicompost
1/3 aeration = Rice hulls or Perl-lite
1/3 CSPM = Canadian Sphagnum Peat Moss (look on bag for country of origin = Canada)

Mycos go into pot at every transplant. For me that is once into #3 nursery pots and 2nd time into final 7.5gal flower containers - AutoPot XL watering system with a 70gal reservoir automated. Probably dont need to add mycos the 2nd time but its what I've been doing forever so ain't broke ...

Amend at up pot with 1 cup of the amendment mix and 1 cup EWC then into flower.

This is the soil mix I use - "Coots Mix" as it were. I thank Clackamas Coots for this soil recipe. Can stand behind, on top and in the can with this mix. Can go no-til for several rounds without needing to change it out. Amend at up pot, water FTW. All you need.

Substitute like you're baking a cake ... not really many subs for the above. It's a balanced soil mix. I get this soil mix tested at our state Extension Service every time we mix a batch and it's damn near perfect every time.

G/L
Hi Brown, Thanks for posting Coot's recipe. I have some of "The Rev's" going now and am about to put some to work in the Lemon OG Candy grow in a week or so in an up pot. I see there's a big difference in the two. All this is very interesting and I can't wait.

Coots mix is pretty basic - it works and not a lot of inputs. Best thing is the EWC and the compost. So yeah those are the key ingredients. The rest just keeps everything going steady as she goes.

I just pulled +7 zips of all nugz dried and trimmed off the 91 Star. She was in flower for 57 days.

It's got great bag appeal - all the flowers are the same size and was easy to trim.
But still 7 zips takes a while. Thats about all I can do in 1 sitting. I couldn't see much of anything after trim was done. lol Heading to to liquor store squinting and sometimes 1 eye closed and squinting.

Pro tip: go to get adult refreshments BEFORE trim sesh. lol

I had a tad of PM starting down low on the LAF. Not sure why. I guess its time to do some spring cleaning in the flower room. I think the PM started during hang drying. I didn't see any when I hung her up. I look for that shit all the time too.

I also pulled down the Madarin Zkittlez. I'm a kinda pissed with that plant. So pissed I've got 6 Madarin Cookies going now in VEG getting ready to move them into flower. They are supposed to be FEM seeds. Which is wierd cause I got 4 males 2 fems (gave one away) of the Zkittlez that were FEM as well - same breeder. I get any males out of the madarin cookies I'm a gonna get a hold of the breeder. ffs

I got a clone sent to me! She's alive! woot. Times they are a changin.. thankfully.

Clone complete with taster sack. New world problems. Gotta love it. :Namaste::passitleft:

Coots mix is pretty basic - it works and not a lot of inputs. Best thing is the EWC and the compost. So yeah those are the key ingredients. The rest just keeps everything going steady as she goes.

I just pulled +7 zips of all nugz dried and trimmed off the 91 Star. She was in flower for 57 days.

It's got great bag appeal - all the flowers are the same size and was easy to trim.
But still 7 zips takes a while. Thats about all I can do in 1 sitting. I couldn't see much of anything after trim was done. lol Heading to to liquor store squinting and sometimes 1 eye closed and squinting.

Pro tip: go to get adult refreshments BEFORE trim sesh. lol

I had a tad of PM starting down low on the LAF. Not sure why. I guess its time to do some spring cleaning in the flower room. I think the PM started during hang drying. I didn't see any when I hung her up. I look for that shit all the time too.

I also pulled down the Madarin Zkittlez. I'm a kinda pissed with that plant. So pissed I've got 6 Madarin Cookies going now in VEG getting ready to move them into flower. They are supposed to be FEM seeds. Which is wierd cause I got 4 males 2 fems (gave one away) of the Zkittlez that were FEM as well - same breeder. I get any males out of the madarin cookies I'm a gonna get a hold of the breeder. ffs

I got a clone sent to me! She's alive! woot. Times they are a changin.. thankfully.

Clone complete with taster sack. New world problems. Gotta love it. :Namaste::passitleft:
Keep the Pro tips coming

Back
Top Bottom