Critical Kush - First Time Grow - Coco Coir

I'm curious too. All this knowledge. I'm supposed to be taking in this knowledge at school but what I'm learning here is far more facinating to me then voltage and current. Ac/dc circuits. ::sigh:: faaaakkk.
Man, you absolutely nailed it !! I was an awful student - except in History and Geography, I loved those two. I really had a fascination with maps. I remember when I was about 12 we did a project on Australia. I saw this dot on the map right in the middle of Australia, its called Alice Springs. Last year I actually went there and visited all the places I had used in my project as a kid back in cold and wet N.Ireland. It was like a pilgrimage ! But I digress ! I scraped a few exam results and never used them. I ended up working in Security and that let me concentrate on my Martial Arts. I now have a new great source of incredible knoledge, given in a way that is easily absorbed. I wish my science teachers had used the same easy to digest explanations. I am growing to help my wife (MS, AS and associated pain) and my Chronic Regional Pain, nerve damage and PTSD. This place has taken away my fears of failure and I have a wonderful gang of mates who are all in the same situation, learning the way to do things. So many different ways to do the grow, and there is someone (usually more !) who has made the same system work all the way to the end. I was looking for a new hobby that I can fit it in around my mobility issues and learn as I go. Its fantastic.

This FIM'ing has got me intrigued, never heard about this before. I 'top' my Chillies and Tomatoes, that I know has definetly got great results, I never thought of using the off cuts as clones before. I will be doing that with the Chillies, Tomatoes and my Girl Scout Cookies !!

This FIM'ing has got me intrigued, never heard about this before. I 'top' my Chillies and Tomatoes, that I know has definetly got great results, I never thought of using the off cuts as clones before. I will be doing that with the Chillies, Tomatoes and my Girl Scout Cookies !!
Cloning is addicting... I grew tomatoes watermelon corn peppers roses carrots strawberries and Brussels sprouts this summer to condition my green thumb muscles before starting my grow. And yeah always stick the good cuts in coco or even a rooting cube! It's surprisingly easy and you get free plants! Just have to be sure there is good green growth on the shoots you clone, better the branch the better the chance... or something like that lmao I'm high you'll have to excuse my corny jokes

Its really got me thinking about how I can get as many plants going as possible (something else I have learned from 420 Magazine and its contributors) for my garden. I have just moved into a new place, our last place was rented, so we could only grow our fruit and veg in pots. We have transplanted our trees already, now Spring is here, I will be cloning and 'fimming' as many things as possible !

420-magazine-mobile1255844405.jpg
still trying to trouble shoot this girl. Pretty sure all her new growth is looking the same. It's REALLY bothering me cuz they're the same strain and have both been treated equally.
How close is your fan? I had a few leaves go like that and they were directly in front of a small non-oscillating fan. Swapped the fan for an oscillating one and spun the plant and it stopped.

How close is your fan? I had a few leaves go like that and they were directly in front of a small non-oscillating fan. Swapped the fan for an oscillating one and spun the plant and it stopped.
I've got a clip on fan on the top corner of the tent. So 6 feet. 5 1/2 spmethi ng like that

Ah ok yeah if its 6feet away then its not that.
I DID have it pointing almost straight down for a few days when it was hot to help the temp drop but that was supposed to be a few hours not a fee days. When I realized I had forgotten it on high and pointing down I fixed that problem. So just waiting and hoping she perks back up n new growth comes out normal.

420-magazine-mobile337510502.jpg

Swag heres some shots of my light burn. The leaf on the left shows it.

420-magazine-mobile199089478.jpg

Here the upper and lower ones got it.

420-magazine-mobile171030165.jpg

And heres some more. The heavier and full sativas displayed leaf curl running up the edges of all the tips and the kush got that leathery look to it. Green Crack seems weaker and got both symptoms but you can see by raising the light that all the new growth is fine. Some plants never got light stressed at all. Hope this helps.

Yes totally. The 1st pic is of the one much younger plant I have. Almost all of them used to look like it. The leathery leaves are leaves that were just tight little tops on the first set of plants that got burned. All the full leaves that got hit looked very similar to yours so you will have to wait for at least 3 sets to grow past those to get to leaves that were never over exposed which is close to where you are now. My plants have since grown to 49" away from the light and I am seeing no new stress so they are adjusting. When I got the height right for my ight I noticed a huge growth spurt.

Yes totally. The 1st pic is of the one much younger plant I have. Almost all of them used to look like it. The leathery leaves are leaves that were just tight little tops on the first set of plants that got burned. All the full leaves that got hit looked very similar to yours so you will have to wait for at least 3 sets to grow past those to get to leaves that were never over exposed which is close to where you are now. My plants have since grown to 49" away from the light and I am seeing no new stress so they are adjusting. When I got the height right for my ight I noticed a huge growth spurt.
I moved my light up 6 inches 2 days ago so will keep an eye on the new growth see if it improves. I'm at 36" now. Damn different phenos. The one girl loves the light and I guess this one, not so much.

yes thats exactly what I noticed too but letting them climb towards it is working really well. Just cl9ne the phenos that work for you and let the rest go up in smoke. I started with strains all similar in height and flower time. Now I will find other common similarities in the phenos to make next grow far more even.

yes thats exactly what I noticed too but letting them climb towards it is working really well. Just cl9ne the phenos that work for you and let the rest go up in smoke. I started with strains all similar in height and flower time. Now I will find other common similarities in the phenos to make next grow far more even.
Honestly I really wanted to do 1 Critical kush and 1 white widow but to steer on the cautious side I thought it's better to just do 1 strain for the first grow just to get my feet wet first before hopping into the deep end.

Back
Top Bottom