Crop King Seeds White Widow Coco Grow

20151127_104521.jpg
today is day 20 give or take a day or 2. They are looking great. I have no complaints. They are loving the General Hydroponics Gobox Nutes so I'll keep using for the rest of this grow. I am hoping to yield at least 90-120 grams per plant which should be more than capable. I would basically like to get a pound out of this . 4 are 100% coco and one is a experimental grow that is about 20-30% coco and 70% miracle-gro soil. I want to see if it will do just as good if not better

So for the past 3 days I changed my ph from 5.8 to 5.5-5.6 because it was looking like I was not getting the proper nutes up and I am happy to say they are nice and green all sound again. Not that they were yellowing really anyway they just were starting to look a little light in the middle of the leafs.

1448718681852-631244809.jpg
today is the first day of weeks 3 so day 21 or would that be that last day of week 3 not sure. Either way they are looking great and growing nice and fast. I will veg for a total of about 4 weeks maybe 3 I am almost out of medican so I'll flower them a little earlier than I wanted.

Looks good stoney!! I have been growing in coco for a few years now. I did run DWC for a while bit would inevitably run into some sort if issue, usually stemming from water temps. Coco ,I have found, is much easier and user friendly than traditional hydro setups.
One think you should watch out for is a mag. deficiency. Coco eats through it faster than most Nute companies can replenish it.
I believe GH calls theirs calimagic.

I just got a seed order with a few Greenhouse WW. I am not popping them for a while but I'll be watching this to pick up any pointers on the strain that you might have.

Happy Holidays Stoney.

Come take a look at my "not dead yet" journal and you can see how I feed my coco.:morenutes:

Looks good stoney!! I have been growing in coco for a few years now. I did run DWC for a while bit would inevitably run into some sort if issue, usually stemming from water temps. Coco ,I have found, is much easier and user friendly than traditional hydro setups.
One think you should watch out for is a mag. deficiency. Coco eats through it faster than most Nute companies can replenish it.
I believe GH calls theirs calimagic.

I just got a seed order with a few Greenhouse WW. I am not popping them for a while but I'll be watching this to pick up any pointers on the strain that you might have.

Happy Holidays Stoney.

Come take a look at my "not dead yet" journal and you can see how I feed my coco.:morenutes:

One question using tap water should I give calmag Watering? Thanks for stopping by and hope you stick around.

It's possible the tap might have what it needs. As they get bigger and go into flower you might see an Mg deficiency. It is easy to diagnose as well as treat.

I have also heard that growing under LED will use up more mag.

It's possible the tap might have what it needs. As they get bigger and go into flower you might see an Mg deficiency. It is easy to diagnose as well as treat.

I have also heard that growing under LED will use up more mag.

I'll just give like quater Calmag every feeding to be safe. I don't like growing in these Wal-Mart bags at all. To late now. Next grow will be Dark Devil and purple Kush in regular 5 gallon tall pots.

Hi, Stoney! I was going to warn about keeping the LED further away from the plants, but I see you've done it -- good response! Check your manufacturer's info about the light you have, but generally 2 to 3 feet is pretty good. Just stay responsive, as you are.

I love growing in coco -- it's like soil, which I have more experience in (for other sorts of gardening) but it's clean and totally neutral -- you control the nutrients. Not sure about the coco mixed with MG -- but in coco on its own, yes, you need to use calmag to keep from getting a mag deficiency -- coco is prone to this. Also using LEDs can increase the plant's need for calmag.

On my last grow I fed every other watering -- I didn't add calmag to my plain watering but I did pH everything. pH is the other part of the equation -- if you don't keep that pH range in motion (from 5.5 to 6.5 and back again) then you will lock out different nutrients at different pH levels. G00ch notes that above.

My tap water pH is 5.5 without anything added. If I just water with that and don't up it sometimes, I will lock out P and Mg -- if I keep it too high (up near 6.5) I will lock out Ca, Mn, Fe and B. N is good through the whole range.

5.8 is a pretty good sweet spot for coco/hydro - everything's fine there except for Mn

I'm glad to hear the GO box nutes are working well -- I wish I had picked those right off the bat instead of just going with GH basic line, but what the hell, eh? :) And I'll be watching that coco/MG mix -- all the best!

Thanks for the help. I will start doing like one watering at 5.8 and than the next 6.0 and go up 1 or 2 from there until 6.5 than go down the same way. From this point on every 3rd watering I am going to do a straight ph water that way it will help with build up. The coco MG is do I Mg great so far. It has taken it really well so far and it is actually the biggest WW so far put it was big before the switch to MG coco mix

We've had a little GG kicking around my neck of the woods for a little bit. I was blown away by the quality, I looked it up on Leafly and it said it was a hermie seed that was stabalized. It made it sound like it was "clone only". I'm sure some people that have had the pleasure of growing it can chime in with more info. I'll be watching because clone only strains are alot harder to come by over here.

Hey do you know where to get some of the gorilla glu Seeds.

you can attempt to find a seed in some bud lol. thats what happened to me. got it to pop and sprout.

little late to the journal, but i just finished doing a durban posion in a 5 gallon, then a 9 gallon DWC setup. Had the plant in a 6"X6" rock wool cube cut to fit into the basket i was using. Two 12" rod air stones to cover the bottom of my storage container, just one air pump with two out puts. had to add nutes/water about every 2-3 days. DWC isnt as hard to setup as you think it is. Especially if you just wanna try one plant or a cheap on bucket setup just to see how it grows. Doing it right on a large scale is when it gets harder, im considering getting some kind of 12 plant DWC setup running next year.

From what I can see the maximum coverage of that unit is 3.5' x 3.5' (105cm x 105cm) -- so you'd be mostly fine. The footprint is close. You could fill in around the perimeter with CFLs.

I have a nominal 3x3 tent (100 cm x 100 cm) with a MH 96x5 reflector, which covers 2 x 3 (60 cm x 90 cm). I'm definitely going to have to use extra CFLs to help cover the area!

From what I can see the maximum coverage of that unit is 3.5' x 3.5' (105cm x 105cm) -- so you'd be mostly fine. The footprint is close. You could fill in around the perimeter with CFLs.

I have a nominal 3x3 tent (100 cm x 100 cm) with a MH 96x5 reflector, which covers 2 x 3 (60 cm x 90 cm). I'm definitely going to have to use extra CFLs to help cover the area!
I just measured my tent and it is a little over 3x3 So I'm sure the Mars ll 900 would be good with the Mars 300 watt I have. I want the Mars ll 1200 but probably can only afford the 900. I might just save and get the 1200 it's only like 80 bucks more and that old for sue cover my area plus. I really appreciate all the help. Thanks so much

Back
Top Bottom