Cultivator's NinthPlanet LED 4400W

Seeing as though I wont have a proper update until after the weekend here are a few pics from some older grows for your viewing pleasure.

IMG_124619.JPG

20121015_131943_1_.jpg

IMG_079410.JPG

20120929_170049.jpg

20121009_153223.jpg

20130310_093101.jpg

20131110_190617.jpg

20131211_124539.jpg

20131229_151824.jpg

Plants are looking so swollen, shame about the nute burn cultivator, at least you know what the problem is and how to solve it for the next run. Look forward to seeing an update on them, can't believe how heavy they look. Hope they have a quick recovery from the nute burn, hope you have a quick recovery too, sounds like you've been through a war.

Awesome pictures from previous grows! Keep up the good work.

Amazing how big they were on week 5, sounds like they are filling in lovely with them getting dense. Look forward to hearing how far they go.

I know man, from reading through your journals It sounds like you have a right battle on your hands, just wish you the best on the battle field my friend. I'm glad the show goes on cause it's a bloody good one if I'm honest with you ;).

Do you mind if I ask you a few questions about R/O water and seedlings and R/O water in general?

Thanks cultivator

Haha, thanks mate, you're a legend!

Ok so after speaking to you I ended up getting some seeds instead of using clones, I also ended up getting a R/O filter as didn't want to take a chance with my water, it was coming out 0.6 EC most of the time, no idea what's init either.

My seedlings are now 3 days old and I managed to get 100% success and everyone of them popped through, bloody chuffed with that as never germinated anything before. I germinated them in plain R/O water and watered them with nothing but plain R/O water so far. I've found it hard to find some information on using R/O water and this is my first time with both R/O and seedlings so don't want to make any mistakes. I know the seeds are good for 7/10 days on the food they're supplied with to keep them going. I haven't PH'd the R/O as of yet as I know it doesn't PH well with just plain R/O. What I want to know is when should I be adding cal/mag to my R/O water, do I only need to worry about PHing it when adding nutrients to it and when and how is the best way to feed my seedlings their first feeding with R/O water? At the moment I'm only watering them by hand and they're in rapid rooters. Once they have established a decent root base I plan on moving them into net pots surrounded by clay pebbles in a flood and drain system to veg, not quite that far yet tho. Any advice would be much appreciated as both seedlings and R/O as both are brand new to me so your expertise would be fantastic help on the matter.

Thanks cultivator!

Id be adding calmag from day 1. Add calmag to water til its 0.2ec. Try that first. Add nutes as soon as you transplant. You may need to bump calmag up to 0.3ec. Id be ph'ing water from day one just to condition the rapid rooter and its good practice, it wont do seedlings any harm. between 5.6-6.0ph is good for flood and drain but 5.6-5.8 is slightly better for veg.

What nutes you going to use?

Ahh balls, I'll add cal/mag and ph for their next watering as the plugs are starting to get a little dry now. Will start at 0.2 EC like suggested, Im using plantmagic magne cal, it also has a small plant feed its 2/0/0 is this OK to use this one? I will start PHing from now, I couldn't find much info about R/O and PHing as I have read it goes crazy with no nutrients into buffer it and PH can swing like crazy. As I wasn't adding cal/mag yet and wasn't sure if I could either as didn't want to over feed the seedlings and burn them. Before when I had my mother plants
I was vegging at 5.5 to 5.8.

I have two different ones I can use for veg, I have house and garden aqua flakes a&b, I also have the root exelurator too and their Bloom hydro a&b nutrient too for flowering when it gets to it. I also have some greenhaze a&b vegative formula. The cal/mag I have is plant magic magne cal.

ok. since its going into hydro i would add the calmag and the veg base nute. People will tell you not to do it but when going into hydro i start on nutes from day one. i pre soak my cubes in base nutrient of 1.0ec and roots excelurator. then when i pot up into net pots i sprinkle bare roots with great whit mycorrhizae, this works wonders with the roots.

Yeah I've read and seen you use the great white mycorrhizae a lot, I will pick some up when I'm ready to transplant them. I wasn't sure about using it in hydroponics tho as most of the stuff I've read with you using it so far has been in coco. I did pre soak my root riots in the root excellarator, just didn't do the ph but will start that now as going to water before bed. OK, so now would you suggest I feed them 0.2 EC magne cal and then add 0.1 EC a&b too it totaling 0.3 EC I'll shoot for 5.5 to 5.8 ph. Should I use some more root excellarator now too with this mix? Is it ok to water with this every feeding now instead of the plain R/O as these rooters plugs dry pretty quickly and I'm having to mist or water them twice a day? If so I'll mix up a full gallon? Just double checking as they're only 3 days popped above ground going on 4.

Thanks mate

I would add calmag to 0.2 then base nute bump it up to 0.8-1.0ec. then add roots excellurator. then ph 5.5-5.8. I would only give nutes from here on out. its hydro not soil. only time they would see plain water again would be during the final flush. if you worried the feed will be too strong give it at 0.6ec.

Wonderful, just wanted to double check, I'll go with that now and mix it up at 0.8 EC to start. The reason I didnt use any nutes so far was because I read about the supply of nutes and every where i read they said no feeding for 7/10 days and I was worried about burning them. Thanks so much for all your advice mate, gonna knock them up a batch of this before I sleep. I bet they're going to love this. No more plain water until the final flush, got it. Do you find you have ever had problems with ph swings in R/O? Thanks again

Hi Cult, interesting reading above. That advice will come in handy for me me to. Cal mag is something that i didn't buy, so i guess i should get it. Is calmag mainly used in RO water?

Your journals are a wealth of information and they must be the blue print to many many a successful grow. Thanks for sharing!

Cheers

Hey cultivator, hope things are well. Plants seem great after your advice last night, thanks. What silica do you use with R/O water? I have GT liquid silicon as my ph up but only needed two or three drops of the stuff now to get the ph in the correct zone. Was wondering what silica is good which doesn't raise the ph too much? Also what are your thoughts on the HG amino treatment if you've used it and are amino acids a good thing to use first grow or am I trying to complicate things too much?

Thanks pal

Back
Top Bottom