Delps 8 Hydro RDWC Gorilla Glue Autoflower 2021

pH rose to 5.9 this AM. I haven’t checked water consumption - need to start doing that. All plants have markedly longer roots so they must be taking in some water.
Per the pix, something’s going on with Frank. The spots look have a similar appearance to the “nute burn” on Joe that’s probably actually from a few drops of res water. In addition to the spots, though, image 3113 looks like something took a bite out of it. Ugh.
Back to the tent to look at the issue from a different perspective. Check out 3115 and 3116. Water from the res? Wow. All the more reason to purify water with bourbon.

zzIMG_3115.png

zzIMG_3116.png

pH rose to 5.9 this AM. I haven’t checked water consumption - need to start doing that. All plants have markedly longer roots so they must be taking in some water.
Per the pix, something’s going on with Frank. The spots look have a similar appearance to the “nute burn” on Joe that’s probably actually from a few drops of res water. In addition to the spots, though, image 3113 looks like something took a bite out of it. Ugh.
Back to the tent to look at the issue from a different perspective. Check out 3115 and 3116. Water from the res? Wow. All the more reason to purify water with bourbon.

zzIMG_3115.png

zzIMG_3116.png
I think that might be something else.

@dick23rk has got quite a lot more experience and might have some insight.

Hey delps. I'm not 100% sure but I would have to say this is not a calcium issue. I've had calcium deficiencies before and have a couple right now with that issue. The spots for calcium deficiency will be more like tiny rust spots and be scattered all over the leaves instead of concentrated in one or a few spots.

Is it possible that this plant also got splashed with your res water? That's really what it seems like to me. Or like rexer had mentioned, the water droplets will act as a magnifying glass and if the lights are intense enough they could burn because of it.

The only other thing I was leaning toward was a potassium deficiency but there doesn't appear to be any yellowing in those effected leaves yet.

I would watch it for another day or 2 and see what happens, then we might be able to give a better idea. I wouldn't change anything yet as they do seem quite healthy.

Thank you for your analysis.

What hit me was the pix taken from above the leaf. It really looks like a liquid was dropped on the leaves. That one leaf has significant tissue destruction so I'm wondering if something else landed there.

"I would watch it for another day or 2 and see what happens, then we might be able to give a better idea. I wouldn't change anything yet as they do seem quite healthy."
Sounds good.

I check on things in the AM and then just before lights out (11 PM) so I'll have another look in a few hours.

Much appreciated.

We’re all helicopter moms when our plants are little. :laughtwo:
I concur with Dick. The spots are all in one area of the plant and don’t match any of the common deficiencies. Nutrient burn from being splashed on the leaves. And this is why we don’t water our yards during the hot part of the day. There’s a Steven King book in which the young girl the story centers on can hear plants screaming when watered in bright sunlight.

We’re all helicopter moms when our plants are little. :laughtwo:
Hah, so busted!

I concur with Dick. The spots are all in one area of the plant and don’t match any of the common deficiencies. Nutrient burn from being splashed on the leaves. And this is why we don’t water our yards during the hot part of the day. There’s a Steven King book in which the young girl the story centers on can hear plants screaming when watered in bright sunlight.
Agree. The plants have been doing fine - the problems that have come up are a result of humans doing something. No changes in the leaves this morning but, like you said a while back, the action will be in the roots. No doubt about that. Great growth in the res but the…compact nature of these plants has me concerned.

Stephen King - yup. Watering in sunlight’s a no no.

EC up to 1.1 and pH from 5.8 to 2.9 (should read “5.9"). I’m using the highly precise sensor shown in the pix to gauge water consumption. The water line was 3.75 ± yesterday and the same this AM. Given the size of res, I’m not surprised that it’s hard to see a change in water level but I need some way to determine how much water is being consumed. Easier with larger plants, that’s for sure. With water level falling (assumption), EC rising, and pH rising, the WonderChart calls for a drop in EC. I’ll add some PPM 0 water later today.

Interesting disparity in plant size. Frank and Reynolds are only a few inches apart in the tent yet one is, what, twice the mass of the other? The foliage looks to be well developed.

Per Rider509, root growth has been phenomenal. Check the attached pix.

How many square feet does a GG AF need in a tent? I’m wondering if there’s enough room (2’ x 4’ tent) for all four. The reason that’s coming up is that the roots are growing quickly enough that I will need to move the net pots to different locations soon. At the moment, the plants are in a line in the res because that’s the most even lighting. I will want to move them to different locations to give them the most space but, if a GG AF needs 4 sq ft, some of the kids need to leave the pool. :-(

zzIMG_3119.jpg

zzIMG_3120.jpg

zzIMG_3122.jpg

zzIMG_3123.jpg

zzIMG_3124.jpg

zzIMG_3125.jpg

zzIMG_3126.jpg

EC up to 1.1 and pH from 5.8 to 2.9. I’m using the highly precise sensor shown in the pix to gauge water consumption. The water line was 3.75 ± yesterday and the same this AM. Given the size of res, I’m not surprised that it’s hard to see a change in water level but I need some way to determine how much water is being consumed. Easier with larger plants, that’s for sure. With water level falling (assumption), EC rising, and pH rising, the WonderChart calls for a drop in EC. I’ll add some PPM 0 water later today.

Interesting disparity in plant size. Frank and Reynolds are only a few inches apart in the tent yet one is, what, twice the mass of the other? The foliage looks to be well developed.

Per Rider509, root growth has been phenomenal. Check the attached pix.

How many square feet does a GG AF need in a tent? I’m wondering if there’s enough room (2’ x 4’ tent) for all four. The reason that’s coming up is that the roots are growing quickly enough that I will need to move the net pots to different locations soon. At the moment, the plants are in a line in the res because that’s the most even lighting. I will want to move them to different locations to give them the most space but, if a GG AF needs 4 sq ft, some of the kids need to leave the pool. :-(

zzIMG_3119.jpg

zzIMG_3120.jpg

zzIMG_3122.jpg

zzIMG_3123.jpg

zzIMG_3124.jpg

zzIMG_3125.jpg

zzIMG_3126.jpg

There ya go! A bit more roots growth and she'll start some rapid growth upwards any time now!

So...just to make sure that was typo...

EC up to 1.1 and pH from 5.8 to 2.9

Was your PH at 2.9????

There ya go! A bit more roots growth and she'll start some rapid growth upwards any time now!
“any time now”, yeh, yeh. ;-)
Good to hear. Some of the roots are about a foot long, long enough that I’m going to have to move them into their final positions pretty soon. I don’t want to wait so long that I might damage the roots during the move.

So...just to make sure that was typo...
Yes, it was. Thank you for catching that.

The WonderChart... I like that! LOL. My girls are going through 3 gal/10 L every day. Thirsty girls! My pH is stable but the EC slowly rises. I started out at 1280ppm/2.56EC total. I keep diluting the nutes with every 3gal res refill using plain pHed water. I’ll find the stability point and then mix the next res change to that. Now that I’m in flower res changes only happen every two weeks.

The WonderChart... I like that! LOL.
:)

My girls are going through 3 gal/10 L every day. Thirsty girls! My pH is stable but the EC slowly rises. I started out at 1280ppm/2.56EC total. I keep diluting the nutes with every 3gal res refill using plain pHed water. I’ll find the stability point and then mix the next res change to that.
Three gallons per day. Yeh, that's a good amount of water. Stable pH + EC rising is FSR so that's "you're doing fine".

Now that I’m in flower res changes only happen every two weeks.
Excellent. Getting near harvest time!
How did you decide to swap the res every two weeks instead of every week? Is that a flower vs veg thing?

How did you decide to swap the res every two weeks instead of every week? Is that a flower vs veg thing?
It’s a lazy thing. I use Z7 to keep things clean and mylar bubble film to keep light out of the roots. It’s worked in the past for me, and it gives me the opportunity to find the ideal EC before the next res change.
And it saves money, cuz it costs me 16 cents in nutes for every gallon of water. :laughtwo: :laughtwo::laughtwo:

But yes, during veg the nute requirements change rapidly as they put on mass. Once the stretch is over things become more stable.

Rider - interesting idea to float bubble wrap…
z7 is a bene?

16¢ per gallon, can’t get much cheaper than that. You mix your own ferts?

"But yes, during veg the nute requirements change rapidly as they put on mass. Once the stretch is over things become more stable."
I’m looking forward to the “put on mass” phase. I need to take a good look at the plants today to see how many nodes. The seeds sprouted on 4/6/21 so it’s been a bit over three weeks.

Heh, interesting thing happened with PPFD (who here ever thought they would either read or write words like that?).

I've had PPFD at 430 for two days and at 440, as of yesterday afternoon. At about 10 AM today (wake up is 5 AM) it looked like the new growth was starting to "pray". By 1700 they the leaves in the new growth were at 45º or maybe 60º angle and fan leaves were horizontal. The fan leaves appeared to me to be "soaking up the sun" but the praying new growth concerned me.

I dimmed the light and the plants are getting around 400 PPFD now. The PPFD varies between the plants because of horizontal dispersion and because of the vertical distance. The SP 300 has a superb light pattern but it does vary and the PPFD changes by 20 or 30 µm/s by moving the sensor just an inch or two from the leaf top to the leaves on a lower node.

Based on what I'm seeing, the max safe PPFD from a white light LED (Mars hydro SP3000) for these AF's at this stage is about 400 µm/s. No question that there are other variables including RH, temp, EC, chemical composition of the res, and others. [Jim] I'm not a plant doctor…I'm giving them all they can take.

"Three shall be the number thou shalt count, and the number of the counting shall be three."
And, yeh, verily three is the count.

I did a little undergrowth cleanup and took some pix to determine the number of nodes. Based on the images, it looks like all of the plants have three nodes. Yes, no, maybe?

zzIMG_3158.jpg

zzIMG_3159.jpg

zzIMG_3160.jpg

zzIMG_3161.jpg

:laughtwo: :laughtwo::laughtwo:
The MP reference is pure gold!
I got a 30 day ban on FB for telling someone that their mother was a hamster and their father smelt of elderberry.
Too funny - they didn't know about Monty Python. Wow.
"FB" - "Danger, Will Robin, danger!" Yeh, gotta tread lightly there.

"I don’t want to talk to you no more you English pig dog!"
What a movie, eh?

Back
Top Bottom