Dennise - No Longer The Newest Of Newbies - Not Growing In MG - Perpetual

In yet another attempt to post more...

I was wondering something..

I've heard of people using a drop of dish soap and peroxide (diluted in water) to water their soil, like this guy: [video=youtube;5hLimMHR2YA]
[/video]

Dennise, will you drench developed nugs while in mid-flower with your soap-peroxide solution spray?

Or have you found that the gnats make their presence known during veg, and that you're able to get rid of them then?

I've heard that although there are various ways to get rid of the adult egg-laying gnats, the microscopic larvae that's beneath the soil will still be eating your plant's roots. So you must kill the larvae too.

I don't know if watering with the solution would kill the larvae or not.. I currently don't know how to do that.

But, I'm wondering if you guys think it'd kill the beneficial organisms within the soil as well as the larvae..

I know it's diluted pretty darn well, but (assuming) with how hydrogen peroxide kills (mostly) everything..

I'm not sure

:circle-of-love:

I'll use h202 during my plants life.. Kills the algae on perlite..

:passitleft: Dennise.. High...better have more :passitleft:

In yet another attempt to post more...

I was wondering something..

I've heard of people using a drop of dish soap and peroxide (diluted in water) to water their soil
This works for gnats Human. Once it gets warm we use it for preventive maintenance, haven't had a gnat problem since my first grow. You don't have to drench your soil with it, just use a spray bottle and spray your plants and the top of the soil generously once a week. You won't see a gnat for the whole warm season. It also works as an insecticide if you already have gnats.

One quart h2o (I use tap), One cap of Hydrogen Peroxide, & a small drop of liquid Dish detergent > put in a spray bottle > Shake well > Spray the leafs & medium generously once a day for 3 days > Gnats & Larva gone.

Meh to insects. I have spiders. Lots and lots of spiders. Really, I am not kidding, lady bugs are for wussies. :rofl: My garden is constantly guarded by at least a couple or more hard core insect hunters at all times.

This may require a tad bit of explanation. Here in AK we have LOTS of bugs, but mostly outside and in summer time. During winter it seems that every spider in 10 miles moves inside our house to avoid cold and catch a meal or two. These are harmless, don't bite and kinda cute spiders actually. But the upside is that we NEVER see bugs inside. I don't think an insect lasts 5 minutes in our home during the winter. When I open my tents, there are always sentries sitting on top of buds or leaves watching everything.
Spider_Guard.png

They move in when the garden is running and outside in the summer when it isn't. No muss no fuss.

I once woke up suddenly when I ate one. I figure he must have lowered himself down a web in right into my snoring pie hole. It could have been an insect of some sort I guess, but like I said, we don't have any.

Bob ;)

Dennise,

Come back to us! We are all just hanging out on your porch waiting for you to return so we can mooch your brownies and pet Paco.

And this pic really is pretty cool. I am old and still fascinated by water drops.
DSC041754.JPG

Bob ;)

I'm sorry to butt in here with an off topic but I don't think otherwise it would get seen that much. Please see my post on the Goriila Seeds Critical Mass giveaway thread. Sorry again and thanks. Dan

P.S. I hope you understand Dennise.:Namaste::thanks:

Bob, they don't spin webs in your plants?

Send an alert to the intestinal track! Those gut bugs had better look out!:laughtwo:

:rofl::laugh: Too punny!

Bob, they don't spin webs in your plants?

Good question, and the fantastic answer is no! These spiders all seem to be ground hunters, which is why they work in my application if you will. They go find the food rather than waiting for it to accidentally fall into the net. We get cobwebs in the house but no where near where as many as you would expect. And I have never found one in the tents. Good point! Other spiders might just make a mess and never kill certain types of pests.

We have to keep Dennise's journal moving at breakneck speed or it will blow up! Makes me feel like Keanu Reeves.
Bob ;)

Guys I promise I will respond but something has hit me today and hit hard.... I'm having a hard time holding my head up and fella is having a hard time watching me... I'm going to post these pics if it kills me and this upload thingy is taking forever... I think this is what they call a bad MS day... it apparently hits fast and hard... I just want to lay my body down... Canna please forgive me but I don't think I'm gonna make it... Can we change it to tomorrow night...:sorry:.. I bent Olivia over yesterday and I don't know about her... I think she is going to be tiny... I have yet to grow a girl with the purple in her that did well but I guess we shall see... She is already in full bloom and is mighty small....:circle-of-love:
DSC041904.JPG
DSC041924.JPG
DSC041935.JPG
DSC041943.JPG
DSC041954.JPG
DSC041993.JPG
DSC042004.JPG
DSC042012.JPG
DSC042023.JPG
DSC042034.JPG
DSC042045.JPG
DSC042056.JPG
DSC042063.JPG
DSC042074.JPG
DSC042085.JPG

Spiders are welcome in the grow for sure. That's the ONLY place I want to see them.
The variety and sizes I get out here in the boonies is mind boggling. The ones in the grow room are ants in comparison.
You would have to have a pretty wide jaw to swallow some of these guys in the woods. Psychedelic colors too.

Edit: Of course Dennise! You get off the internet and take care of yourself! :circle-of-love:

Yep, what Canna said. The rabble can take care of things around here. Wish there was a way to hit a Heart button for those that need it. Send a bit from everyone. Kinda like carbon credits but for health and love. Take care of yourself.

Little Olivia is just a beauty. :clap:

I promise the bus will be kept on the road and up to speed.

Bob ;)

Lol, IDK why I've been reading Dennise as Dennis today..

Will someone please explain what bending the plant's main stalk in half is called and what the purpose of doing that is? I know I've read about it, but can't remember..

I think I remember hearing that it's supposed to cause it to grow 'horizontally' or something and be shorter and bushier? Does it indeed increase yield?

PS I'm not a big fan of spiders and don't really like how some will spin their webs wherever they want to

It opens up the lower and center buds to the light and helps more shoots to grow Humanzee. More light to the buds, bigger better buds! That's just a basic explanation. ;-)

We normally call it LST, Low Stress Training. And yes, you can keep the plant at a level canopy by doing this as well. You don't have branches all different heights. Helps in a small grow space for sure.

Yep, what Canna said. The rabble can take care of things around here. Wish there was a way to hit a Heart button for those that need it. Send a bit from everyone. Kinda like carbon credits but for health and love. Take care of yourself.

Little Olivia is just a beauty. :clap:

I promise the bus will be kept on the road and up to speed.

Bob ;)

I'll sit next to Bob and babysit the Lemon Kush while he drives.....we might not get where we're going, but we will be going when we get there...

Check your e-mail Fifi.

Hey everybody, I just spoke with Dennise.

She did go to the hospital and she will be there for a couple days. She had a reaction to some new Blood Pressure medicine and they are keeping her there for monitoring and waiting for her doctor. He is apparently out of town for a bit, so they want to wait for him before any release.

She said she's doing fine, but you know D...she hates hospitals.

I will post again if I hear anything, otherwise she will be here as soon as she's able to let you know the details.

Hugs and prayers and all good wishes to you D! And get some rest. :love:

Back
Top Bottom