Dennise - No Longer The Newest Of Newbies - Not Growing In MG - Perpetual

Nope Human...:thedoubletake: Just add purified water and my twice a week acid rain of the essential oils will start next week....:straightface: That is all...:blushsmile: :circle-of-love:

Thanks Shiggity... I think she is pretty too...:blushsmile: I'm hoping she stays that way and doesn't get any ugly leaves...:yikes: I'm trying terribly hard not to pinch off leaves but if they start to get ugly I won't be able to stop myself.....:circle-of-love:

Think of it this way and it can help you to stop. Once a leaf starts looking bad it will never be beautiful again. So at this point tuck it down out of the way. It has ceased to be a leaf anymore and is a nutrient bank. The plant will suck out all thats good and then the leaf will fall. What keeps you from pulling this one off is knowing that once you do the plant will start sacrificing the next beautiful leaf. So we keep the crappy ones as long as they feed the good ones. Or the good ones will soon become the bad ones!

Thanks Dennise, so when you spray your essential oil solution over your mamas, do you really make it rain?:laughtwo:

Haha, or do you just try to spray underneath the leaves as PJ suggested earlier?

Bob, that reminds me..

I think I remember reading a post of yours where you talk about using RO water from a dispenser with 5 gallon jugs, is that right? Does anyone here do the same, or just use a purification system at home? Who uses straight tap without ever having the water tested? Has anyone had their tap water tested?

I'm considering maybe using all tap - all RO water on half of the girls and seeing what happens.. thoughts?

Personally I am not a fan of RO water in many applications, unless due to the quality of your water it is required. I brew, breed fish, and grow and there is more in water that is needed for healthy life than H20. I DO test my well water for chemicals though and suggest it to anyone if possible. If you have doubts though, use filtered. But RO is more than just filtered, it is essentially purified. All minerals and other things are gone. In brewing and fish I just would turn around and add them all back. In gardening they should be in your soil of course. Just my thoughts. This is one I don't worry about unless I have a reason to do so. You can get test strips cheap for the big chemicals. Oh, and if you are on city water then there will be something in it. You will have to treat, let sit or filter depending.

Just eating up Dennise's journal as always. Sorry girl :circle-of-love:
Bob ;)

I use straight from the tap, left out for 24 hours to dechlorinate... but only do if you have really clean drinking water, preferably under 70ppm, mines at around 95....

I've been using NYC tap from day 1, straight out the faucet & into the gal milk jugs mixed with 1/2 teaspoon of lemon juice to bring the 7.2 ph down to 6.5
It sits all of the 10 seconds it takes to walk from the bathroom to my tents and never noticed any problems from it. But then again I was in aw when we went to Florida and saw NYC tap bottled and for sale. Go figure.

I've been using NYC tap from day 1, straight out the faucet & into the gal milk jugs mixed with 1/2 teaspoon of lemon juice to bring the 7.2 ph down to 6.5
It sits all of the 10 seconds it takes to walk from the bathroom to my tents and never noticed any problems from it. But then again I was in aw when we went to Florida and saw NYC tap bottled and for sale. Go figure.

NYC water is some of the best in the country!! The water comes down from the Pepacton Reservoir. My aunt had property there for years!!!! :peace:

NYC water is some of the best in the country!! The water comes down from the Pepacton Reservoir. My aunt had property there for years!!!! :peace:

Yep City water can be a crap shoot and it can be bad in one building and fantastic in the next just due to degrading pipes. I used to live in a town that had PERFECT fish and brewing water with no traceable additives. We moved and the water from the tap would kill fish on contact due to the amount of additives. I just wanted to be sure and not sound overly confident and have someone kill a plant with chlorine or some such.

Since Humanzee is being very careful I just wanted to return the favor since I was saying no to RO.

Some city water is absolutely perfect.
Bob ;)

Think of it this way and it can help you to stop. Once a leaf starts looking bad it will never be beautiful again. So at this point tuck it down out of the way. It has ceased to be a leaf anymore and is a nutrient bank. The plant will suck out all thats good and then the leaf will fall. What keeps you from pulling this one off is knowing that once you do the plant will start sacrificing the next beautiful leaf. So we keep the crappy ones as long as they feed the good ones. Or the good ones will soon become the bad ones!
Well this is kind of a test for me anywho... I normally keep them pretty well stripped down for several reasons... to help with penetration and to make sure they get plenty of ventilation and I've never had an issue with it but have had quite a few growers try and spank me over it so I thought I would try and leave this one be until the 25th day and 45th day of flower for defoliation as per KingJohnC.... So we shall see if it makes a difference ....:blushsmile:....:circle-of-love:
Thanks Dennise, so when you spray your essential oil solution over your mamas, do you really make it rain?:laughtwo:

Haha, or do you just try to spray underneath the leaves as PJ suggested earlier?

Bob, that reminds me..

I think I remember reading a post of yours where you talk about using RO water from a dispenser with 5 gallon jugs, is that right? Does anyone here do the same, or just use a purification system at home? Who uses straight tap without ever having the water tested? Has anyone had their tap water tested?

I'm considering maybe using all tap - all RO water on half of the girls and seeing what happens.. thoughts?
I don't soak them but I lay it down pretty good...:) I've always had to use bottled water... I won't even cook with the water out of my tap... I use bottled water coffee well just everything... my dogs even drink bottled water it is so bad here....:circle-of-love:
Personally I am not a fan of RO water in many applications, unless due to the quality of your water it is required. I brew, breed fish, and grow and there is more in water that is needed for healthy life than H20. I DO test my well water for chemicals though and suggest it to anyone if possible. If you have doubts though, use filtered. But RO is more than just filtered, it is essentially purified. All minerals and other things are gone. In brewing and fish I just would turn around and add them all back. In gardening they should be in your soil of course. Just my thoughts. This is one I don't worry about unless I have a reason to do so. You can get test strips cheap for the big chemicals. Oh, and if you are on city water then there will be something in it. You will have to treat, let sit or filter depending.

Just eating up Dennise's journal as always. Sorry girl :circle-of-love:
Bob ;)
Don't apologize... Carry on...:high-five:...:circle-of-love:
I use straight from the tap, left out for 24 hours to dechlorinate... but only do if you have really clean drinking water, preferably under 70ppm, mines at around 95....
:passitleft: High Grizz....:circle-of-love:
:high-five:.....:circle-of-love:

I went ahead and potted the 2 tiny babies up to a 1 gallon pot of veg PJ soil and stuck them back in the tent with the 96x3w and 48x3w reflectors... They both could have waited a few more days but I had the time to get it done and I was feeling like doing it so I did it...:blushsmile:....:circle-of-love:
DSC041685.JPG
DSC041694.JPG
DSC041707.JPG
DSC041716.JPG
DSC041727.JPG
DSC041737.JPG
DSC041746.JPG
DSC041754.JPG
DSC041765.JPG
DSC041774.JPG
DSC041786.JPG
DSC041795.JPG
DSC041805.JPG
DSC041816.JPG
DSC041824.JPG
DSC041834.JPG
DSC041845.JPG
DSC041853.JPG
DSC041865.JPG
DSC041874.JPG
DSC041882.JPG
DSC041895.JPG

Yep City water can be a crap shoot and it can be bad in one building and fantastic in the next just due to degrading pipes. I used to live in a town that had PERFECT fish and brewing water with no traceable additives. We moved and the water from the tap would kill fish on contact due to the amount of additives. I just wanted to be sure and not sound overly confident and have someone kill a plant with chlorine or some such.

Since Humanzee is being very careful I just wanted to return the favor since I was saying no to RO.

Some city water is absolutely perfect.
Bob ;)

I think it's mainly my plumbing that's causing my concern. We're talking at least 40-50 year old plumbing.. Would a basic ppm meter give me a fair idea of only the number of particles? Plants seem to do okay with the tap water. I'm just uncertain - and that bothers me like nothing else. This is why I'm considering going half tap/half RO.. just to see. Please, give me your thoughts..

1662932033037.png

Well this is kind of a test for me anywho... I normally keep them pretty well stripped down for several reasons... to help with penetration and to make sure they get plenty of ventilation and I've never had an issue with it but have had quite a few growers try and spank me over it so I thought I would try and leave this one be until the 25th day and 45th day of flower for defoliation as per KingJohnC.... So we shall see if it makes a difference ....:blushsmile:....:circle-of-love:

I don't soak them but I lay it down pretty good...:) I've always had to use bottled water... I won't even cook with the water out of my tap... I use bottled water coffee well just everything... my dogs even drink bottled water it is so bad here....:circle-of-love:

Don't apologize... Carry on...:high-five:...:circle-of-love:

:passitleft: High Grizz....:circle-of-love:

:high-five:.....:circle-of-love:

Dennise, I'm with ya on the cooking with and using bottled water for coffee and tea. Of course, there then goes the plastic leaching and BPA concerns..
Lets think of a way out of this De-nice, Haha. :loopy::laughtwo::circle-of-love:

Besides that,

I knew someone who would also pull any leaf that turned yellow, every day.. I'm thinking his plants must have had issues.

After reading Shiggity's interpretation of what's actually happening, I think he's right:

P.S. Those bottles of Fireball and Jose Cuervo always make me giggle inside

Dr Bob;2791883. I just wanted to be sure and not sound overly confident and have someone kill a plant with chlorine or some such. Since Humanzee is being very careful I just wanted to return the favor since I was saying no to RO. Some city water is absolutely perfect. Bob ;)[/QUOTE said:
Do you find yourself on here giving advice, in more of a; do as I say not as I do... I do, lol.... I don't want to be responsible of killing somebody's plants, lol.... Sorry, I just identified with the comment..

Do you find yourself on here giving advice, in more of a; do as I say not as I do... I do, lol.... I don't want to be responsible of killing somebody's plants, lol.... Sorry, I just identified with the comment..

Absolutely! There are so many variables in gardening and the simple fact is that I am just copying much better gardeners than myself, like Dennise. On the water front I feel I can step out a bit as it seems all my hobbies require looking at the water closely.

My short version of this epic hijack would be RO water is almost always overkill in soil, city water will almost always work but trust and verify, well water should be fantastic but also trust and verify. In other words, most water is just dandy but some city and well water could be terrible to your plants (and to you!) so trust and verify.

:surf:
Bob ;)

Dennise, I feel like I just didn't word myself correctly last time. After taking a couple puffs.. I realized that what I'm really wondering is if you believe this claimed extra trichome production takes place after coming into contact with already existing trichomes (i.e. by spraying on top of plants, making it rain *lightly during flowering), or after being absorbed by the plant itself by spraying underneath the leaves or stoma? I'm confused here. If what PJ said is right, and these pores for absorption are only underneath the leaves, it seems like it would make more sense to spray upward and under the leaves rather than downward and on top of them. Was PJ's main point with spraying on top only concern during the day and because the waxy layer creates beads of water which magnify the UV rays and burn holes in the leaves?

Even if spraying on top isn't necessarily a bad thing, as long as it's done before lights are out, wouldn't aiming for the stoma just be much more effective? Also minimizing the risk of excess water creating potential issues?

An essential oil/no essential oil side-by-side would be fun

Thoughts, anyone?

I think I would be feeling the same way.

I would never hold anyone else responsible for my plant's health, though. I wouldn't follow advice that didn't make sense to me, or without coming to terms with what consequences may follow. So, I couldn't hold anyone else accountable for plants dying or becoming disease-ridden on my watch.

That being said, I understand why someone would be weary when giving advice about something as variable as tap-water..

I'll be getting a TDS ppm meter asap
:thanks::thanks:

EDIT: I guess I'd be much better off testing my water through these guys or somewhere similar:
The Best Professional Drinking Water Test Kits up to 385 Tests by EPA-Cert. Lab for Water Quality, Contaminant Analysis at Affordable Prices from the Fastest Lab on the Planet

There are many filters out there.
You can get near ro without any waste water it just run slow then.

And you can get ro with a pump to pump back the waste water to use again not waste to much.

Hi Dennise :love:

Your King start looking like a Queen :loopy: :high-five:

If that was directed towards me Grizz I apologize. As Bob says there's many variables and also many "right" ways to growing. I just like to give testimony of things I witness in my own grow.

Back
Top Bottom