Die in final phase - My OG Kush

.afterharvest try to sterilize the phis ...i also use this mixed wolace and te pots and the plant...5 small autos...tallest 15-18 cm..so i use bleech mixed with water maybe one fifth of bleech...and i wash the whole plant...today all plannts expect purple kush(strange) are affected...some just the top leavs looks like dry but not yet at least...another burn the fan leaves..turn brown..and more sympotms..probably from this...i hope it is not from my home recipe.
anyway the pants wll recover,but it is auto and time is not waiting.maybe 1 or2 not to made it.my purple kush have nothing...it is not tall..the only problem and the one shark bite became like plant with long andmany branches...the highest yield it could give me and the 4 tops are shit...not yellow but leaves are curly ...the shape they take when it dry..anway,.,it was also a problem (human mistake) thats why i mention it.
cheers guys:volcano-smiley:

This is why I wonder if it's easier to just grow indoors... It seems like nature is.. Well... Nature. It does shit. Indoors seems so much more controllable. I know you'll never get plants as big indoors unless you do hydro and lose that earthy taste, but still. I've had one issue since I've been growing indoors and that was totally my fault. I derped and used used soil like an idiot. Turns out the soil was infected. My brother in law grows outdoors and has yet to have zero problems. It's always either too much light, bugs, a monsoon once totally washed away his entire garden, wind storm, sand storm, kids, dogs, cats.... I mean the list just goes on and on. I guess if you have a totally controllable environment it makes sense. But nature is uncontrollable. Idk... I guess I just don't get the appeal any more. Lighting tech is good enough now.....environmental variables are totally controllable.... Anyone wanna educate me on why outdoors still makes sense now days? Don't kill me old school growers lol

The only real benefits I see to growing outdoors is that it doesnt cost $$$$ to set up and grow. No electricity costs and lights, fans etc etc etc . But I agree with the senitment, things can go wrong indoors also but its always the growers fault but outdoors there are so many variables. However its still fun to grow a plant or 2 outside.

I take my indoor plants outside during the first month to get sunlight and give my lights a rest but after that, they go in a scrog and I'm pulling the same weight ratio per plant as my brother in law. I just don't think the benefits outweigh the challenges. Great point though. I guess I didn't even think about setup cost since that was so long ago for me. Great point

Growing outdoors certainly has it own set of challenges, but it also has a much bigger payoff, if successful, with very little expense.
I have limited space, and to stay legal, we are only allowed 4 plants. Indoors that costs me about $500 to bring in a crop. Outdoors, that will yield many pounds and costs me almost nothing except time. Even with problems, it is enough to last me the entire year with plenty to gift, make concentrates, etc. Other than weather, we have all the same challenges growing inside (pests, mold, deficiencies).

Im with you major. My budget is seeds, nutrients and soil where I'm at. So far it's been on the easy end of the wallet! I was blessed with a huge pile of salvaged lumber to pick from as well. Being our trial run as we just purchased and moved here 3 months ago, our grow is small, but next year we hope to be at our full legal limit, outdoors! Yes, it's a chore more than indoors as the environment controls the work you do, rather than the work you do controlling the environment, but done right I believe saves you money and time. My farmer friend is hard at work now, and putting in long days and a constant vigil. But come November, he's on constant vacation til April! With pay IMO.

This is why I wonder if it's easier to just grow indoors... It seems like nature is.. Well... Nature. It does shit. Indoors seems so much more controllable. I know you'll never get plants as big indoors unless you do hydro and lose that earthy taste, but still. I've had one issue since I've been growing indoors and that was totally my fault. I derped and used used soil like an idiot. Turns out the soil was infected. My brother in law grows outdoors and has yet to have zero problems. It's always either too much light, bugs, a monsoon once totally washed away his entire garden, wind storm, sand storm, kids, dogs, cats.... I mean the list just goes on and on. I guess if you have a totally controllable environment it makes sense. But nature is uncontrollable. Idk... I guess I just don't get the appeal any more. Lighting tech is good enough now.....environmental variables are totally controllable.... Anyone wanna educate me on why outdoors still makes sense now days? Don't kill me old school growers lol

its been a lovg time since i made indoor grows..it is a more controll to to indoor butif the bugs(mites) come to the indoor u still got a problem...
what i believe is whaever grow u do if u know howto grow u will be satisfied..outdooris not sure u can have better yield..i saw outdoors grows and i was very suprised ...sane as indoor grows...but it goes the other way around...i saw i made outdoor and sucks and same as indoors...i did indoors and sucks....
cannabis sativa is a very difficult plant to grow properly and get the best results

Just talked with my farmer friend and with all the rain here in New Mexico, his crop is topping 7' . 30 plants, various strains from MSNL, outdoors. He's going nuts. Does his crop solo until he trims and cures. Makes me glad I've only a few plants starting out. Said Sept 11 is harvest in our parts. I can't wait!
420-magazine-mobile881899878.jpg

Solareclipse: I found OGK very difficult to grow. I was always battling mites. I have my last 3 OGK plants flowering now, indoors, and I will not grow them again. I'm going to try AK 48 next time.

i totally agree with u..i've been grown better plants...about the mites i did buy a small bottle of spray special for kill mites.
something else is auto plants have more resistance to bugs than photoperiod..this perticlar ogkush never goes to nature or under a tree..roof and closetthat was the distance she did i wonder how she gets mites.
i remember once i re-veg mybrothers white russian...he had it outdoor and he harvest it while the plant had mites..later he bring it to me and i re-vegindoor under an hps agro 400w.that was my best ever results...camt understant why?but the pllant grow again while mites was on and harvest for second time with mits on...i got 150 gr...dry..this white russian was a strong plant

Just talked with my farmer friend and with all the rain here in New Mexico, his crop is topping 7' . 30 plants, various strains from MSNL, outdoors. He's going nuts. Does his crop solo until he trims and cures. Makes me glad I've only a few plants starting out. Said Sept 11 is harvest in our parts. I can't wait!
420-magazine-mobile881899878.jpg

Sept. 11th? If those are the plants you mean, I don't see any way they will finish in the next 5 weeks. :Namaste:

How much longer do you think, Major? 8, 10 weeks more?
I have no idea what you are growing. From the looks of it, I'd call this about week #1 of bloom. Some very quick strains can finish in 6 weeks, maybe even less. Most are longer at 8-9 weeks, with plenty than want 10-12. If you know the strain, look it up in the webz and begin your countdown adding a week or two to the published bloom time.

I have no idea what you are growing. From the looks of it, I'd call this about week #1 of bloom. Some very quick strains can finish in 6 weeks, maybe even less. Most are longer at 8-9 weeks, with plenty than want 10-12. If you know the strain, look it up in the webz and begin your countdown adding a week or two to the published bloom time.
Thanks bro. I'm smelling cheese from the big one, and a hint of lemon on the smaller one (m1) other than that, I'm clueless. And yes, 1 week of flower. THANKS , great info!

In regard to neem and neem-derivatives (Azamax, Azotrol) they can be applied via root drench to avoid having to spray in late flower. Azadirachtin is the active ingredient in all of these. People often say it's a repellent only, but I think it's because the only contact killing that happens is from the soaps often mixed in. The major work is done after the plant absorbs the azadirachtin, it becomes poisonous to most insects, actually disrupts their reproductive capabilities too. It's also very, very important to mix neem oil up in some kind of soap to act as an emulsifier. Otherwise it just kind of sits in big globs in the water and isn't absorbed well, neither by the roots or as a foliar spray. I think this leads some people to believe it does nothing at all.

The problem with mites is they reproduce so rapidly that if even a tenth of a thriving population is resistant/tolerant of one pesticide, then they will reproduce and get a foothold again. That's why an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of the cure, because it keeps them from ever establishing a successful breeding population. Otherwise the only thing that really works is reapplication every two or three days to keep killing successive generations. The problem with neem is because it's absorbed by the plant it's more of a long lasting, time-released kind of thing. You can't really reapply it every couple of days with the same effect like you can with a contact-killing pesticide like pyrethrin. Pyrethrin is the flame thrower, neem is salting the fields.

Mites are like a fact of life where I live, and I have never known anyone that didn't have to deal with them at some point. So knowing that I started giving mine neem every four weeks in my last grow and never had a single problem with them this time around. The smell isn't that bad to me, not as bad as pyrethrin anyway. I also did a lot to maintain cleanliness, pretty much having a whole quarantine routine where I switched into new clothes and showered if I had been anywhere outside that day. From what I have seen though if they're around outdoors where you live, it's only a matter of time before they come home with you and get inside.

I believe its location. I'm in a very arid region, with precipitation as a seasonal element. Very few pest. Also strain is key, just like a real farmer, you choose what's going to react best to your climate. Wonder if someone has geographically charted what strains grow best in each region?
This is an awesome idea! If you find it, let me know. All my strains struggle unless I exert special effort throughout the grow because of high temps. I also live in a dry and hot climate. White Rhino seems to do ok. I'm about to start a blue dream grow but I wanna wait till it cools down a bit. My house stays about 80. Inside the tent is about the same. I'm thinking around September I'll plant them.

Back
Top Bottom