DirtyDanny's 600 Watt LED Grow

I generally harvest in two stages ... first the top buds when almost all pistils are brown which allows me to lower the light closer to the bottom buds which I harvest a week or two later ...
:thumb:
Thats a great idea Chester.............I thought about that earlier today, but than quickly dismissed it.
It makes much more sense to harvest in "waves"......to achieve the most potent product possible:thumb:

I changed my mind.............I think she needs a few more days still:)
The lower buds arent showing as much amber as the tops........I would say another 3-4 days

I do the same thing... hmmm another few days :)

Looking great! Nice pics. +reps

Damn.........My turntable took a shit today:icon_roll
It dont surprise me much though.........But I did figure I would get more than a couple weeks outta it.(i predicted 2 months)
Why cant anyone overseas make a decent reliable product anymore???????
It really pisses me off that all our industry has went overseas.......and has been replaced with cheap, disposable, F@#king garbage.
They really screwed up when they enacted the "free trade" laws........I hate wasting my hard earned money!!!!
Ok..........im done venting now:) I wish I had some nugs done to toke to ease the stress

Damn bro. I just ordered two of them turn tables. Lol. Do they come with a warranty. Seems like i remember in my shipping email it said something?

It dont surprise me much though.........But I did figure I would get more than a couple weeks outta it.(i predicted 2 months)
It really pisses me off that all our industry has went overseas.......and has been replaced with cheap, disposable, F@#king garbage.
They really screwed up when they enacted the "free trade" laws........I hate wasting my hard earned money!!!!
Ok..........im done venting now:) I wish I had some nugs done to toke to ease the stress

I feel your pain, one of reason I try and by USA made products. Might cost more but normally worth it.

There ...There...just go stare at the beauties you have created thus far and you will feel so much better!
Don't let it get to ya!:allgood:

under trade acts you can return any item that is not fit for purpose, even after warranty has run out, for example you might get a 30day warranty but under trade laws and acts and item has to be fit for purpose, this means it must last a reasonable amount of time, for example you buy a plasma tv with 12 months warranty, but the tv should easily be good for 3 years, same with most white good as well,

so you are protected by these laws, if anything is not fit for purpose and dont lost a reasonable amount of time then you are within your rights to get the item repaired for free or replaced for free, you may have to pay the postage one way but its up to the makers to put the product right, most things should easily last 12 months so even if warranty has run out you have still got the option of using the sales rules and claim the item was not fit for purpose and did not last a reasonable amount of time, ive used this a few times, i bought a bike that lasted 6months before the bearings started breaking down, my warranty had ran out but it should of lasted easily 12 months so i contacted the trading standards and they sorted it out for me and i had the bike repaired for free and it lasted a few weeks then it failed again, so they replaced it with a new bike of a higher standard.

so if they wont sort it out contact your trading standards officer or who ever deals with stuff like that and explain to them that it did not last a good length of time, 12 months is usually the standard with cheaper items but tvs, washing machines, etc etc should be fit for purpose for 2 or 3 years,

a lot of stuff from the east is cheap because its mass produced, their are many cheap products out their but also some of the best companies get their stock from companies like china, so it has both its good products and its cheaper mass produced and rushed to sale products, but either way the product should last a good amount of time, id say with something like that it should easily be covered by up to 12 months and im sure your trading standards officer would agree and help you get a replacement or at the very least get that one repaired,

many people do not know about these rules that protect us when we purchase items, if you use a credit card to pay their you covered for 12 months under your credit card company so your card company will refund the purchase price back to you.

so id contact the place you got it from, tell them the item was not fit for purpose and you either want it repaired or replaced free of charge, if they say its out of warranty just explain that the warranty period is for manafacturing faults that cause problems strait away but all items must last a reasonable amount of time which in this case would be around the 12 month mark,

so you should be able to get it replaced as it would cost the company to much to have it repaired and would be possibly cheaper to give you a new one instead of getting it repaired,

its just an option open to you, im sure you can find all the info online about the trade acts and sales of goods act, that will tell you a lot more than i have and should give you a good idea what to say and do to get the item replaced or repaired for free

Just looked at details. Nothing about a warranty but you can return for money back within 30 days of when you recieved it. You pay return shipping:).

At the bottom of the auction it says:

Within 7 days of receiving your products, we offers a no hassle 7 days exchange/replace only if your items are found to be defective by the manufacturer. Return delivery costs are the responsibility of the buyer. All shipping and handling charges are non refundable.

So......if it breaks within the 1st 7 days of receiving it...You have to pay to ship it back to them, they you have to pay them again to ship you another one (that will probably just break again in a couple weeks):hmmmm:
It would be cheaper to buy another one altogether.......than to have to pay shipping to China, AND pay the return shipping again back to the USA.
Only one word needed to describe them................DOUCHEBAGS

I feel your pain, one of reason I try and by USA made products. Might cost more but normally worth it.
I hear ya Craw............. I try to buy as much AMERICAN made products as possible to support my fellow Americans and our economy.
But unfortunately, we dont make shit anymore in this country!
You cant even buy an american pair of shoes anymore............its totally disheartening....

its just not cost affective to make products anymore, the products would end up costing a lot more if they was made on your doorstep so having things made outside your country is sadly cheaper due the poor human rights in certain countries, slave labor is always going to be cheap, if you can pay very little to your workers then the products will always be cheaper to buy, so most companies now decide to source products outside their home country as its a lot cheaper to make even if you consider transport costs.

im not saying all products made it eastern countries is cheap and tacky as we know their are many amazing companies out their, but they dont use cheap labor and they dont use cheap components, unfortunately the odd few do and product quality and reliability is low.

even if it says on their site the product is only under warranty for a certain period then you can still claim under the sale of goods act or what ever its called in your country, trust me on this a product should last a reasonable amount of time, we have laws that protect us from getting ripped off and ending up with something that only lasts the length of the warranty

its just not cost affective to make products anymore, the products would end up costing a lot more if they was made on your doorstep so having things made outside your country is sadly cheaper due the poor human rights in certain countries, slave labor is always going to be cheap, if you can pay very little to your workers then the products will always be cheaper to buy, so most companies now decide to source products outside their home country as its a lot cheaper to make even if you consider transport costs.

im not saying all products made it eastern countries is cheap and tacky as we know their are many amazing companies out their, but they dont use cheap labor and they dont use cheap components, unfortunately the odd few do and product quality and reliability is low.

even if it says on their site the product is only under warranty for a certain period then you can still claim under the sale of goods act or what ever its called in your country, trust me on this a product should last a reasonable amount of time, we have laws that protect us from getting ripped off and ending up with something that only lasts the length of the warranty

I understand completely..............and it was $50 for a turntable made in china, or $250 for a USA made table.
I choose the route I could afford........ebay for $50
I will just make my own next round.....that way I know what im getting:)

Alrighty..............Need some suggestions from expierenced "Trich Gazers":thumb:
Am I sussposed to be looking at the color of the trichs on the sugar leafs or the buds themselves? Or does it even matter?
The buds dont appear to the naked eye to be getting any larger or swelling......but......the frost is DEFINATELY improving in quantity!!!!!!
Over the past couple days the upper parts of the nugs are turning nearly white with dense trichs.......
The trichs seem to swelling (the size and quantity of the actual balls) and multiplying:cheesygrinsmiley:
The "stems" on the trichs appear to be stretching and getting longer as well......
Maybe the Bud Candy is finally starting to take hold?
DSC022374.JPG

DSC022384.JPG

DSC022397.JPG

DSC022403.JPG

DSC022417.JPG

Any suggestions ??????

I like to see some Ambers on the bud. I always see early Ambers on the sugar leaves making me think it may be close to done.

I sometimes go 2 or 3 weeks after seeing the Ambers on the sugar leaves to get some (10% or so) on the buds.

I count the half Amber trichomes (amber stems with cloudy heads) as Amber.

when-to-harvest_1_1_1_.jpg

Love the pictures +reps brother!

:goodluck:

I just took another look at your pics. I see a lot of white pistols. So it looks like it is still growing. Some of the pistols are kind of half orange. Looks to me like you got a little while to go.

What day of flower are you on?

I just took another look at your pics. I see a lot of white pistols. So it looks like it is still growing. Some of the pistols are kind of half orange. Looks to me like you got a little while to go.

What day of flower are you on?
Thanks Scar......that was the info I was looking for:thumb:
Yesterday was the end of 6 weeks since the flip............I thought it was too early yet......cause Ive never finished before 8.5 weeks indoors.
I was kinda hoping she wasnt done yet......because the trichs are now just starting to get nice and dense!
I havent fed her since last Sunday.......just distilled water,bud candy, and a tad of CalMag with her regular watering every other day.
Should I continue her regular Fox Farm feeding schedule............or just the H2O,Bud Candy, and Cal Mag?????
I think she still has plenty of Nitro in the soil to sustain her for another week or two..........but maybe she will start swelling again with some more K and P?
Any thoughts?????

If your pretty sure on the end date. Maybe you have grown it before?

I would give it another feeding of FF and then switch back to water. Worst comes to worse and she starts getting yellow from Nitrgen deficiency but she just isn't giving up the amber trichomes... You could always hit it with a shot of ferts and extend the flush period another week.

The main thing is don't give her any magnesium or Cal/Mag during the flush. I hear you can taste it. I always flush at least 2 weeks. Sometimes 3 weeks if it takes that long.

This plant was flushed about 3 weeks. Just put it in there for reference to how it may look when starved of nitrogen :) I started the flush a little early. On my second grow I harvested around day 67 of flower. This one in the picture I harvested around day 62 of flower. They day 67 turned out better I think :)
P10001132.JPG

Another shot of a grow close to harvest
P10005173.JPG

:goodluck:

If your pretty sure on the end date. Maybe you have grown it before?

Thats the problem............I have never grown this "Motavation" strain before.......And I have never grown under a 600 watt LED before...
Hell.......I havent even grown indoors in 15 years :thumb:
The seed bank reports 8-9 weeks Serious seeds cannabis seeds AK47 kali mist delivered worldwide
But maybe that changes when growing under LED's? (my LED has some IR and UV in the panel)
I agree that she still has another week or two to go........I think im gonna feed her for the last time today.
Thanks again Scar!!!

Back
Top Bottom