Do we need to pH adjust our nutrient solutions?

Enough about MC. The thread will get locked and then we can't discuss how poisonous ammonia is like title says. :hmmmm:

it was getting way too much air previous as well.

all of this was covered ad nauseam in the mega crop thread that got shut. thank god for that. :cheesygrinsmiley:

it is considered "vegan" not organic, the bulk of the nute is amino-acid chelated setting it apart from most salt-based liquid bottle nutes.

in the pantheon of nutes the order would go kinda - straight organic - mega crop - salt-based.
Where does Prescription Blend fit in this? I’m just curious because it’s what I’ve been using. CL🍀

Where does Prescription Blend fit in this? I’m just curious because it’s what I’ve been using. CL🍀
It's in the middle I guess with synthetic salts and some organic chelators and additives. It seems heavily watered down compared to other nutrient brands.

But if he has runoff is that still considered soil at that time Shed? Especially in flower
I'm not sure I understand your question GG. His medium is soil and soil buffers pH.
It's in the middle I guess with synthetic salts and some organic chelators and additives. It's heavily watered down compared to other nutrient brands.
I just grabbed the bottles and the micros are chelated but it doesn't mention how.

I'm not sure I understand your question GG. His medium is soil and soil buffers pH.

I just grabbed the bottles and the micros are chelated but it doesn't mention how.
Sorry brother, always thought towards the end of FFOF soil nutrients has a month of nutrients in it, after that it's important to have runoff to keep a more consistent PH though out the medium.
If that makes sense

Sorry brother, always thought towards the end of FFOF has a month of nutrients in it, after that it's important to have runoff to keep a more consistent PH though out the medium.
If that makes sense
I don't believe the built-in nutes in OF will feed cannabis for long, and either way those are unrelated to the pH of Captain's water.

Most OF growers I know start feeding with the second set of true leaves like folks in other soils.

Sorry brother, always thought towards the end of FFOF has a month of nutrients in it, after that it's important to have runoff to keep a more consistent PH though out the medium.
If that makes sense
That's some part of it. You need to replenish the pH buffer. Practically every soil mix has lime in it which make people write things like "You don't have to pH in soil" while they are unaware it's already been pH adjusted in the amended mix.

The lime get used up and needs to be replenished after about two months after transplant. Either by using "Cal-Mag" supplements or I like to use a combination of dolomite lime and gypsum in peat soil mixes and vegetable beds.

That's some part of it. You need to replenish the pH buffer. Practically every soil mix has lime in it which make people write things like "You don't have to pH in soil" while they are unaware it's already been pH adjusted in the amended mix.

The lime get used up and needs to be replenished after about two months in veg. Either by using "Cal-Mag" supplements or I like to use a combination of dolomite lime and gypsum in peat soil mixes and vegetable beds.
That can be true of peat-based media in which lime is the only buffer. The organics in soil buffer on their own as well, which give you a lot longer life than just two months of veg. It's why I went from ProMix to FFHF.

Where does Prescription Blend fit in this? I’m just curious because it’s what I’ve been using.

PB is not allowed here or in europe.

That can be true of peat-based media in which lime is the only buffer. The organics in soil buffer on their own as well, which give you a lot longer life than just two months of veg. It's why I went from ProMix to FFHF.
Is there any humus in the HP?

PM All-purpose has it.

Nope:
  • SPHAGNUM PEAT MOSS (65-75%)
  • PERLITE
  • LIMESTONE
  • WETTING AGENT
  • MYCORRHIZAE
Ok..

I was under the impression that HP was just All-purpose with added perlite.
Obviously wrong on that.

I don't seem to have pH issues. I water to run off but don't leach the soil during the grow. Must be the added humus helping me along or just dumb luck.

Nope:
  • SPHAGNUM PEAT MOSS (65-75%)
  • PERLITE
  • LIMESTONE
  • WETTING AGENT
  • MYCORRHIZAE
Yeah , had to buy
the other HP with more coco because they were out of the regular HP, definitely has thrown me a little curve ball. Course my folks at hydro don't conversate with customers. Like the military up in there..lol

I just informed about DE since you have Diatomaceous in your name and talked about poisons, it's a little contradicting in my book

Diatomacious earth is nothing more than the shells of microscopic diatoms. There should be no contaminates in them unless the ocean they were taken from was contaminated. They are part of the phytoplankton family which despite only being 1% of the plant mass on the planet generate 50% of the O2 from CO2 we breath. Statistics taken from Wikipedia.

That's the real reason we should not dump fertilizer or waste water sewage into the rivers. It kills marine life and phytoplankton are part of that ecosystem. We are causing our own global warming crisis!

Back
Top Bottom