Do we need to pH adjust our nutrient solutions?

Just because an amendment is organic by definition doesn't mean it's clean or safe to use. I think you need to educate yourself more.
This I never said. Organic matter, like your body, can become conataminated with these same poisons if you eat them in your diet. True for animals and people. Also contaminates the manure.

Incorrect

The heavy metal contaminants are already in the mineral when it is mined from the ground. It is why nature always dies around a mining operation... contaminants that were once sealed beneath hundreds of feet of soil are brought to the surface.
What are you talking about? Have you actually compared the two? Like checking the total heavy metal content in say rock basalt and compared that to a common liquid fertilizer from mineral salts? I don't think you have.

You know they remove most heavy metals and that's a big reason to make a chemical fertilizers from rock salts instead of using them as straight amendments?

Everything's not black and white and saying something is dirty just because it's made in a factory is ridiculous. It's how people use it that should be of your concern, the overuse because of bad contracts and rules.

The big difference with organic is the contaminants have been biologically filtered by plants and animals before being used as a fertilizer. Organic amendments also contain nutrients that feed soil microbes establishing a healthy colony in the produce. These same soil microbes continue to convert ammonia to nitrate in your intestine where ammonium will naturally build up due to organic decomposition.

The big difference with organic is the contaminants have been biologically filtered by plants and animals before being used as a fertilizer. Organic amendments also contain nutrients that feed soil microbes establishing a healthy colony in the produce. These same soil microbes continue to convert ammonia to nitrate in your intestine where ammonium will naturally build up due to organic decomposition.
Everything has its place but it's no need to bash anything really. Try to understand the reason for manufacture and their intended use instead?

You can run organics safely and there's tons of good amendments. I just informed about DE since you have Diatomaceous in your name and talked about poisons, it's a little contradicting in my book.

all of this was covered ad nauseam in the mega crop thread that got shut. thank god for that. :cheesygrinsmiley:

it is considered "vegan" not organic, the bulk of the nute is amino-acid chelated setting it apart from most salt-based liquid bottle nutes.

in the pantheon of nutes the order would go kinda - straight organic - mega crop - salt-based.

the bulk of the nute is amino-acid chelated
Less than 1% of MC nutes are chelated. It's right there on the bag!

Screenshot_20230610_101456_Firefox.jpg

From the info I gathered and your pictures I think your problems might be related to water/feeding frequenzy since you need to feed with higher input than you'd like? Do you feed every day to runoff? A couple of times a day would be even better..

i'm not really having problems. it just takes a little adapting.

Less than 1% of MC nutes are chelated. It's right there in the bag!

yeah but what a one percent :p

this was also gone over with a comb in the MC thread. MC works on a continuous feed, no f/w/f or f/f/w schedule. all f/f/f with no lockout. that is completely different to near any salt based nute.

i'm not sure what to tell ya but it works. i'm not into fixing what ain't broke.

Yeah but stop repeating the false stuff posted in the closed MC thread and elsewhere. "Bulk of..." is completely incorrect. It's a tiny fraction.

still seems to be everything that makes the difference. the macros are salt based. it's all the micros that are chelated. also it can be used with organics if needed and not burn the soil out. that is also completely counter to bottle nutes.

still seems to be everything that makes the difference. the macros are salt based. it's all the micros that are chelated. also it can be used with organics if needed and not burn the soil out. that is also completely counter to bottle nutes.
I'm going to let @farside05 explain chelation to you since he's better at it than I am. What I'll say is almost 100% of synthetic nute brands chelate their micronutrients. The only difference is that MC uses amino acids to do it. And the only advantage to that is it's better for the environment in the end, not better for your plants.

And the only advantage to that is it's better for the environment in the end, not better for your plants.

explain how good for the environment is not good for plants while i lawlz over that statement .. :cheesygrinsmiley:

I'm going to let @farside05 explain chelation to you since he's better at it than I am. What I'll say is almost 100% of synthetic nute brands chelate their micronutrients. The only difference is that MC uses amino acids to do it. And the only advantage to that is it's better for the environment in the end, not better for your plants.

Rather than retype a rather lengthy post, the answers are HERE

explain how good for the environment is not good for plants while i lawlz over that statement ..

Increasing the bioavailability of metals in hundreds of thousands of acres of farmland is different than working with a plant in factory blended potting soil.
Rather than retype a rather lengthy post, the answers are HERE
:thanks:

@farside05 to the rescue

Increasing the bioavailability of metals in hundreds of thousands of acres of farmland is different than working with a plant in factory blended potting soil.

it was not edta chelated. the green leaf website does go into that. i can't get that link to work, but i've seen the cautions on edta before. this was also touched on at length in the previous threads.

edit : i think edta is either banned or strictly controlled now in europe

green leaf has finally upped their customer communication. you can now request a consult and they will be happy to chat about it. green leaf was notorious for lousy contact.

Edit : i think edta is either banned or strictly controlled now in europe

Correct, it's outlawed in Europe.

green leaf has finally upped their customer communication. you can now request a consult and they will be happy to chat about it. green leaf was notorious for lousy contact.

I'd get responses from them back in the day, but it was like talking to a politician. They never directly answered the question you asked.

Correct, it's outlawed in Europe.

mc is allowed in canada. a general rule of thumb is if it is allowed here it is allowed everywhere. only about 40% of the nutes sponsored on this board are allowed up here.

edit : mc is also allowed in the Eu but they have awful distribution there.

I'd get responses from them back in the day, but it was like talking to a politician. They never directly answered the question you asked.

i remember that. i think they had to start answering properly as there was too much weird stuff being tossed around about the nute.

Back
Top Bottom