Doc Bud's High Brix - LED Indulgence

Hi Doc.

I have just subbed your journal, in the quest for more info. I have a much smaller version of Platinum's lights, the P300, but it does seem to make some good light! I am here to watch yet another Platinum grow; and, also to say hello to the growers here that I have seen, your grow journals have been a beacon for me in the dark. Specifically: Doc, Curso, Governmentchz and Tavosvo, I have been reading through all your Platinum grows, and your other journals, just to learn as much as possible. I am new to this game, and like many others here, am hoping for some feedback to improve my grow, or at least the next one. I am really leaning towards your soil kit Doc, it appeals to me because it is more like how my mother taught me to garden: put your plants in super soil, and that is the majority of the work. I still have so much to learn, and any input from you master growers would be pretty awesome. I have been starting a journal of my own, and would love it if any of you stopped by! Thank you, and keep up the beautiful grows Doc, maybe one day my plants will be happy like yours.

Nothing I can tell yet. Like the other products, this drench really does something....the questions are what does it do and when to use it?

It will take a few more cycles to figure it all out.

Oooooh it sure does something!!!! Man, no joke Doc, this last harvest. Gone (aside from my personal)...lol Everyone said "man that tastes soooo good can I get some more"...

I water 3 times in between each drench. I used it .25 oz salty + .5 transplant + 3-4 Tbls epsom salt in the 2nd of the 3. For a 20gl pot.

I hope that helps anyone else checking that stuff out. I am going to take some to get tested sometime next week. But man...does the produce taste good.

Speaking of colorful plants and salty soil ...

This one was grown in salty soil, too - by accident in my case. :cheesygrinsmiley: Destroyer.

DSCN6744.JPG

DSCN67631.JPG
DSCN67543.JPG

DSCN6769.JPG

And yes, stunted plants often hold some nice surprises. :cheesygrinsmiley:

Mouth watering Doc
:Namaste:

Agreed with everyone else...freaking amazing plants. the trich production on your plants is always through the roof, more so than most everyone, even those of us growing in your kit as well. impressive to see to say the least. :bravo::bravo:

So Doc, what are your latest thoughts regarding the p1200s - specifically their height above the canopy in relation to your HPS grows?

Reading this thread, I know there was a period of discovery/tweaking and so I'm wondering what you have deduced here in regards to possibly too much PAR from 2x p1200.

Thanks for all this great info man!

So Doc, what are your latest thoughts regarding the p1200s - specifically their height above the canopy in relation to your HPS grows?

Reading this thread, I know there was a period of discovery/tweaking and so I'm wondering what you have deduced here in regards to possibly too much PAR from 2x p1200.

Thanks for all this great info man!

Great questions!

I definitely have too much light using both of these panels on a 3x6 tray. The plants got all twisty and light shy for the first couple weeks but now they've toughened up and are performing admirably.

It would have gone much better with one light over this tray....about 24 inches above the canopy.

I've found that many LED manufacturers seem to "misoverexagerate" the power of their lights. At least it seems that way to me and a couple LED wizards who said, "Take their recommendations and double it."

Uh.....nope. These lights deliver power!

Great questions!

I definitely have too much light using both of these panels on a 3x6 tray. The plants got all twisty and light shy for the first couple weeks but now they've toughened up and are performing admirably.

It would have gone much better with one light over this tray....about 24 inches above the canopy.

I've found that many LED manufacturers seem to "misoverexagerate" the power of their lights. At least it seems that way to me and a couple LED wizards who said, "Take their recommendations and double it."

Uh.....nope. These lights deliver power!

Wow are these lights I have that powerful? If so I'm really ready to get started my 1st grow started. I have 3 p600's is that too much for a 4x8 tent?

No. 3 x P600's are definitely not too much for a 4x8 tent.

O ok just making sure and now I mite have to try the high brix grow at a later date because doc said he doesn't recommend me starting my clones in anything other then high brix. I was thinking/hoping I could transplant to high brix after I vegged 1 month while the soil cooked.

a month won't break the bank. I'd still recommend getting a kit and getting the cooking started. That time will fly by and provide the additional time to verify your environment is stable. Once I had all my stuff (or even sometimes when i just implement a change to my setup) I'll run it a day or two to check temps, airflow etc,. If something's not right, better to find it and fix it before you have live plants depending on it.

My .02c :cool:

Back
Top Bottom