Doc Bud's High Brix Q&A With Pictures

Anyone know if out of state med cards are accepted at the cannabis cup? I would love to come burn one or ten with you guys. Its probably to late to pull it off this year but there is always next year :)

Maybe Doc & Curso could get Chunk to join them for a Truffle Shuffle...he is a lawyer in L.A., so he wouldn't even have to travel for the Cup...:yahoo:

Pics of everything"

Picture_016122.jpg

Picture_015155.jpg

Picture_012192.jpg

Picture_011196.jpg

Picture_010213.jpg

Picture_009219.jpg

Picture_008219.jpg

Picture_005281.jpg

Picture_004294.jpg

Picture_003301.jpg

Picture_002296.jpg

Picture_001304.jpg

Doc, seriously...copyright your photos, contact seed banks, tell em what your going to do, show em what your going to do... They send you, and your Fellowship, new strains, old strains, muscle strains :) doesnt matter.. Of seeds, clones..
You grow 'em, "Docs' HighBrix Style"...photo them..the HD quality of HB BUDS is stellaaaaaa...
They become the poster child for that strain for that company...people will want THAT...
The seed banks can sell your kit when they sell the seeds that Doc grew...
... I grow great sheeeit..:rofl:

Doc, not having grown from seed (HB kitted soil)12/12 before, and decided to embark on 11/13 from seed, how tall should my 3-4 week plants be? Some are showing preflower pistils..under platinum 450

Im just curious..they look very healthy, shine, several plants have their leaves pointing up, serrations frilled slightly..venus fly trappy look :)

Doc, seriously...copyright your photos, contact seed banks, tell em what your going to do, show em what your going to do... They send you, and your Fellowship, new strains, old strains, muscle strains :) doesnt matter.. Of seeds, clones..
You grow 'em, "Docs' HighBrix Style"...photo them..the HD quality of HB BUDS is stellaaaaaa...
They become the poster child for that strain for that company...people will want THAT...
The seed banks can sell your kit when they sell the seeds that Doc grew...
... I grow great sheeeit..:rofl:

If you saw my resin stained, cracked LED camera, you'd laugh. HD? LOL! I use an old Canon on auto setting.

Doc, not having grown from seed (HB kitted soil)12/12 before, and decided to embark on 11/13 from seed, how tall should my 3-4 week plants be? Some are showing preflower pistils..under platinum 450

Im just curious..they look very healthy, shine, several plants have their leaves pointing up, serrations frilled slightly..venus fly trappy look :)

Hit 'em with a tad of epsom salt. That venus fly-trappy thing is an early mag def. Sounds like you might have a salt lover.....

Im thinking..that growing from seed 11/13 basically turns any seed into auto flowering, hopefully female :) plants...
Under optimum conditions, i.e. Environment-light, temp, rh, etc, HB soil, the yield may not be that different from flipping from veg to flower..only variable being the light/dark times.

You should get 80% of the yield you'd get if you vegged it out a bit.

From seed, most plants will veg for roughly a month. Those with really sharp eyes and lots of experience can determine sex after 20 days or so. If you're going to top, do it immediately after 5 sets of leaves and NO LATER.

Out of curiosity, what is the importance of "NO LATER" than the fifth set of leaves? Also, is that five sets of full (five blade) leaves or do the early single and three-blade leaves count? Depending on your answer, I may be at that crucial point on my newbie.

Out of curiosity, what is the importance of "NO LATER" than the fifth set of leaves? Also, is that five sets of full (five blade) leaves or do the early single and three-blade leaves count? Depending on your answer, I may be at that crucial point on my newbie.

If you wait much longer flowering hormones kick in. Plant hormones are formed at the apical meristem....or the very tip top of the plant, so when you top them you are temporarily cutting off hormones. If you do this in the middle of bloom, you'll get goofy leaves some 3 bladed, many single bladed and the whole structure of the plant is ruined.

Don't count the single bladed ones.....the idea is you when you top, you want the branches just below the pinch and in the next node down from that to grow up and you'll get four main tops.

If you have two nodes with branches forming in the nodes, top above the second true node...usually you need 5 sets of true leaves to get there.

Huh! Ive never really considered topping when going 12/12 from bean. Kinda moot now tho cuz ill more than likely never do it again. Wish id have known it was ok before tho lol :)

If you wait much longer flowering hormones kick in. Plant hormones are formed at the apical meristem....or the very tip top of the plant, so when you top them you are temporarily cutting off hormones. If you do this in the middle of bloom, you'll get goofy leaves some 3 bladed, many single bladed and the whole structure of the plant is ruined.

Don't count the single bladed ones.....the idea is you when you top, you want the branches just below the pinch and in the next node down from that to grow up and you'll get four main tops.

If you have two nodes with branches forming in the nodes, top above the second true node...usually you need 5 sets of true leaves to get there.

Does this only apply to 12/12 or less? Thanks!

Does this only apply to 12/12 or less? Thanks!

Well, veg hormones are dominant in 12/12 until nodes start alternating. The problem is that the hormones don't immediately cause the plant to change overnight, so by the time you see alternating nodes, bloom hormones have been dominant for a week or two.

Therefore, if blooming from seed, the only way to be sure you don't royally screw everything up is to top them ASAP.

In veg, under a longer photoperiod it isn't critical, because veg hormones are all you'll get anyways.

Stray Champagne pic:

IMG_69853.jpg

Doc, I'm sure you've shared before, but what are the genetics of the Champagne? Did you get it as a cutting? or seed?

I have seeds. It is 100% Thai Sativa. It's kinda like Lemon Thai if grown in organic soil....kinda like Chocolate thai if grown in salts.....but a whole 'nuther thing when grown high brix. Only takes 10-12 weeks to finish too.

I'd like to cross it with Willie Nelson someday to try to tame it.

OMG DOC!!!! I can't even type on here what I said out loud to myself when I saw your pics...haaha! Gorgeous! absolutely gorgeous!!!! :adore:

Back
Top Bottom