Doc Bud's High Brix Q&A With Pictures

To further support that line of thinking, I was in Michigan with my Mom and left in the 4th grade to live with my father in Key West (1971). I did my competency testing for placement, and that's when the issues started. I was reading on an 11th grade level (according to them) and they had no place for me at the time. For the remainder of my 4th grade year I was put into a classroom by myself and given 5th grade workbooks for self-paced learning. I knocked it all out in a month and simply turned in my weekly assignments each Friday. It was silly. The teacher hated me because she thought I was trying to make them look stupid. My first day (before the aforementioned testing) I came into class and they were taking a math test. The teacher said I didn't have to take it if I didn't want to, but I took it anyway. A few minutes later, I was the first one finished with the test and was accused of cheating because I got them all correct...lol. It was downhill from there.

:cool:

p.s. I made all of my children pick a sport and an instrument when they started school.

....well done!

Doc-
I've been wading (re-wading) through hundreds of pages in anticipation of starting my outdoor HB grow. Are you able to offer a few "rules of thumb" when growing with the kit, but using it on only two plants? My assumptions so far:

Foliar mixes will be at the same concentrations but the amount needed will depend on the size of the plants (less when they're little since there are only two, but possibly more if/when they get large).

The drenches are where I am less sure. Same amount of soil, but only for two plants.

Also, transplanting clones: Solo cup > 1 gal. pot > 3 or 5 gal. pot > in the ground? I've never transplanted something that large - don't even know if it is practical. I'm expecting this part of the grow (indoors) to last about two months but have no idea about how root bound they might become if not up-potted to something larger than 1 gal.

I'm sure some of this is redundant but I haven't found the posts that cover it. TYIA!

Doc-
I've been wading (re-wading) through hundreds of pages in anticipation of starting my outdoor HB grow. Are you able to offer a few "rules of thumb" when growing with the kit, but using it on only two plants? My assumptions so far:

Foliar mixes will be at the same concentrations but the amount needed will depend on the size of the plants (less when they're little since there are only two, but possibly more if/when they get large).

The drenches are where I am less sure. Same amount of soil, but only for two plants.

Also, transplanting clones: Solo cup > 1 gal. pot > 3 or 5 gal. pot > in the ground? I've never transplanted something that large - don't even know if it is practical. I'm expecting this part of the grow (indoors) to last about two months but have no idea about how root bound they might become if not up-potted to something larger than 1 gal.

I'm sure some of this is redundant but I haven't found the posts that cover it. TYIA!

For two large outdoor plants, figure each one is going to take at least 15 sq ft....so two of them would make 30 sq ft.....so I'd start with an ounce of drench in a hose-end sprayer and possibly go up from there, depending.

I think my question got lost in this great discussion. Many like minded people here, it's really great.

Hey doc. I mixed up a kit around September, and it's been sitting since. I checked it this morning, not really moist, but not bone dry either. Temps have been between 58-75 where it is stored. I'm ready to use it again, is there anything extra I need to do or watch out for due to it sitting for so long?

Ok gang so Ive got a little problem here and could use some advice, I just moved at the start of the month to a new apt but this place gets a little hotter than my old place causing my flowering tent to hit 90 degrees. All I currently have for ventilation is a fan inside the tent moving the hot air around. What would be a proper setup to ventilate a 2'x4'x5' tent with a Dormgrow 240w flower and 90w UFO, and keep these temps down??

Hey doc, I'm doing 5 20 gal under 2 400w hps. What do you recommend I do if I want to use your kit. I will either put 5 8 week veg plants or 10 4 week veg plants, 2 per 20 gal. How would I go about vegging 8 weeks if I go that route?

Ok gang so Ive got a little problem here and could use some advice, I just moved at the start of the month to a new apt but this place gets a little hotter than my old place causing my flowering tent to hit 90 degrees. All I currently have for ventilation is a fan inside the tent moving the hot air around. What would be a proper setup to ventilate a 2'x4'x5' tent with a Dormgrow 240w flower and 90w UFO, and keep these temps down??

I use one of the 4" cheap inline booster fans (the ones made to go in the middle of long ducting to keep the air moving) for my 2x4 veg tent. It has 2 50w TOPLED Reflector series in it and seems to get plenty enough airflow to keep everything happy.

I would recommend you run 6 inch ducting out of one of the top ports of the tent then have a 6 inch exhaust fan ($25-30$) on the end pulling air out. Plug the fan into the same timer as the light so they kick on/off together. Just my 2 cents.

so your saying only to use an exhaust fan, would i be able to use an intake fan also maybe at the bottom?
that wouldn't be a bad idea but you wouldn't have to, it depends on how much of a vacuum you have on your tent from the exhaust fan. Just a piece of ducting running out one of the ports at the bottom might relieve a lot of vacuum pressure.

that wouldn't be a bad idea but you wouldn't have to, it depends on how much of a vacuum you have on your tent from the exhaust fan. Just a piece of ducting running out one of the ports at the bottom might relieve a lot of vacuum pressure.

So if I did use both an intake and exhaust would they need to be the same size or does one need to be larger than the other?

So if I did use both an intake and exhaust would they need to be the same size or does one need to be larger than the other?
it depends on if you're going to have the bottom flaps on your tent open to let some air in it if not you will probably need as big of an intake duct as you can get. The air will get in somehow but it could suck your tent in and keep your plants from having as much area for the canopy.

Most rooms and tents are not airtight. I had to put a heater in the tent at night. I bought a digital space heater which I set for 72F; goes on at night, heater goes on when my lights go off. I will have greater contrl of my environment after fan is installed :)
I will be getting another Platinum, not sure if 450 or next size up(600?) for my new tent after some of my money lent to my Uncle, Uncle Sam, gets returned of course with no interest for money held for almost a year...:)

Back
Top Bottom