Doc Bud's High Brix Q&A With Pictures

re: Doc Bud - High Brix Q&A With Pictures

I was looking at my Wild Thai's and planned on harvesting today which would be 71 days, but still see a majority of cloudy and some clear trichs. Tempted to let em go another week and see what happens. 9 weeks currently was wondering how long this strain could go.
Thanks everyone for the refractometer info!
Any2
0021595.JPG

0041446.JPG

Hey Doc, I know you said Rock'n Chicken & Fish ferts, just wondering what you think about "Sup'R Green Chicken "? Supposed to be composted.
I used Energy & Tea on Thursday & sprayed with Brix on Friday. The change is amazing as I had only been feeding with 1/2 Transplant every watering. Leaves are getting the deep green shine:):thanks::rollit:

Damn it the PM monster hit me. Week 5 of a Blueberry that seemed to have a dead zone of moving air from up above. None of the others have it atm and now have to go into preventative measures. Aaaahhhhhh shhhh......

Any2

Pages 8 and 9 go into detail about using it with grapes. The FDA has crawled up the ass of all grape grower/wine producers and this product is considered safe and effective if used properly.

Hey Doc/Shotta....can you use this stuff on flowering plants? I need to order some asap but in the meantime would a couple of applications of bug and pest help until then?????

Thanks,

Any2

I was looking at my Wild Thai's and planned on harvesting today which would be 71 days, but still see a majority of cloudy and some clear trichs. Tempted to let em go another week and see what happens. 9 weeks currently was wondering how long this strain could go.
Thanks everyone for the refractometer info!
Any2
0021595.JPG

0041446.JPG
If that was me, I'd hit that with Energy and let it go till the pistils stop pushing out. That's when they swell up the most. 2-3 more weeks from what I can see, but the leaves look stressed. Hit 'em with Stress.....then Energy/tea......then Brix.

Hey Doc, I know you said Rock'n Chicken & Fish ferts, just wondering what you think about "Sup'R Green Chicken "? Supposed to be composted.
I used Energy & Tea on Thursday & sprayed with Brix on Friday. The change is amazing as I had only been feeding with 1/2 Transplant every watering. Leaves are getting the deep green shine:):thanks::rollit:

I'm not familiar with Suprgreen chicken, but for sure you want composted. I'm not recommending chicken manure anymore, because so much of it is from chickens fed GMO's. Other than that, it is a great fert.

Hey Doc/Shotta....can you use this stuff on flowering plants? I need to order some asap but in the meantime would a couple of applications of bug and pest help until then?????

Thanks,

Any2

Please do not use this product on blooming plants! It has a 30 day residual....so it should only be used in veg and on clones....maybe the first week of bloom, but only in desperation. Get a sulfur burner!

Please do not use this product on blooming plants! It has a 30 day residual....so it should only be used in veg and on clones....maybe the first week of bloom, but only in desperation. Get a sulfur burner!
Damn it I figured that would have to be the case. Are all the plants just doomed to get it then? Don't see anything on the others yet but is it just a matter of time?

Thanks,

Any2

"Back in highschool I was a decent swimmer. My best time in the 100 freestyle would have won a gold medal in the olympics 60 years prior. Why did everyone get so much faster? Why are they faster each and every year? It's not like they didn't know how to swim back then.....but training has become scientific and therefore the athletes improve over what raw talent alone would produce."

Training has indeed charged dramatically, but all the dynamics of life on earth have changed to a degree.

"We've got to bring science into the equation if we want to improve." Science can be a dirty harlot, Monsanto uses her too.

Dang sorry fellas I was replying to a post from back on the early pages....Brand new here and stumbling about.

Was wondering if there has been any comparative, detailed analysis of High Brix Cannabis using a legit gadget?

I'm sold on the technique and here learning from you guys. Appreciate the expertise.

VD

Dang sorry fellas I was replying to a post from back on the early pages....Brand new here and stumbling about.

Was wondering if there has been any comparative, detailed analysis of High Brix Cannabis using a legit gadget?

I'm sold on the technique and here learning from you guys. Appreciate the expertise.

VD

We were just speaking of this "legit gadget." It's called a refractometer, it measures brix levels. Brix, in our case, is a measure of sugars and minerals in plant tissue. Higher brix levels indicate higher plant health. High brix gardening is intended to produce healthy nutrient dense foods, by emulating nature soil-plant symbiosis. Feed the soil, not the plant!

Non organic hydroponic tomato = looks good but almost tasteless. Low brix 3-5

Organic tomato grown in high brix soil = brix of 15 looks great, taste better than any tomato you've had, and way healthier for you.

Doc is the akamai guy who was thinking with his cap on when he tried this type of gardening with cannabis! Nutrient dense ganja!!!

Thanks for the speedy follow up Tav.

I'm down with the refractometer. I've got one of those. I was referring to the analytical tools that tease apart the psychoactive molecules in bud. I guess it might be GC or HPLC_MS. A gadget that could quantify the make-up of brix vs non brix bud. Is that kind of data available?

Thanks for the speedy follow up Tav.

I'm down with the refractometer. I've got one of those. I was referring to the analytical tools that tease apart the psychoactive molecules in bud. I guess it might be GC or HPLC_MS. A gadget that could quantify the make-up of brix vs non brix bud. Is that kind of data available?

Ah I see now. I would think growing same strain side by side, one hydro or salt fert soil, and the other high brix soil, then send samples to a lab for terpene analysis. Probably some enlightening info hiding there

Doc you're going great guns my brother. Your passion is much appreciated.

Your posts caught my attention for their success and for your open minded experimentation. I'm adjusting a grow towards a more brix based style inspired from observing your journals.

I just now took a reading from the juice I extracted from the lowest leaves of a 2 month Western Winds. I got a solid line 10. I'll consider that my baseline as I incorporate some brix practices that make sense even though I'm 2 months from germ.

I apologize if you already have answered these 2 questions...what is the neg side of DE in a high brix soil? And why did you switch from the amaze/PGR to the current products?

I appreciate your expertise and attention.

VD

Doc, are those photos with the purpling leaves cookies? They look just like my GSC that I harvested yesterday. :) Very nice photos and always amazing!

Back
Top Bottom