Doc Bud's High Brix Q&A With Pictures

I have a room for drying/curing that stay at 65 degrees and 50 to 60 rH. I start off at 50 and then raise it over a few days time. Buds can hang on the wire for 2 weeks if need be, because the climate in the room is good for that.

Awesome, I'm currently at 53 degrees, 58% humidity... thanks Doc! Will try and raise the temp a degree or two each day.

I'm not so sure it will be an improvement Dajerm.....I haven't put much attention into drying/curing, other than to make sure it happens somewhat slowly. I'm sure there's lots of room for improvement in my method.

It'll definitely be an improvement over how I was doing it. Until now I always hung them in the same room as my grow... way to warm and dry this time of year. They would be dry and jarred 3 days after cut and wash. Would have hardly any smell and taste sometimes if it got too dry... so at least this way... I can try and get it right while it's cold outside and I can keep the temp low, the humidity is provided by the buds themselves. Using a small cabinet with a strong vent fan, no other fans... draws a ton of air through with that vent fan though. Carbon filter on intake
As well as output holes... does hardly anything for the smell. damn they smell so good. Ima be so happy when I can try it out... gotta be patient .

Hey Doc, there's someone in the bud washing Thread that asked about washing buds that have seeds. They wanted to know if washing buds with seed would cause premature germination... I told them I doubt that would happen... but if you could be so kind as to give them your reply, I'm sure they would be very happy. Thanks Doc!

Hey Doc, there's someone in the bud washing Thread that asked about washing buds that have seeds. They wanted to know if washing buds with seed would cause premature germination... I told them I doubt that would happen... but if you could be so kind as to give them your reply, I'm sure they would be very happy. Thanks Doc!

For whatever it's worth:

I love breeding, and I love the effect of pollinated cannabis--and because of that, I've had to learn to deal with seeds.

After a dozen+ washed, seeded plants, I can tell you washing appears to have done ZERO to hurt my seeds. Some of these are now 2+ years old, and still germinate just fine.

If I wash too-forcefully, sometimes I'll find a seed or two floating on the top water in one or two buckets afterwards. I clean em off, and pop them in my jar with the others. Works fine.

Hope that helps!

Hey guys quick question how do I use the snake oil again? I know it's mixed with brix but I forget how much

You may not have one of the new labeled bottles.....but it says: add 10mil Snake Oil to to 30 mil Brix in 1 quart of water. Another way of looking at it: 1/4 oz Snake Oil to 1 oz Brix in 1 quart of water.

It's not "exact" just keep it within those numbers.

I recommend only using it once or twice and only on hydro strains that are really grooving.

You can always check out the website for instructions and product labels, etc.

Nothing but trouble:

Resin issues with Chocorilla

Picture_001441.jpg
Picture_002433.jpg
Picture_003435.jpg

Losing all green color and resin problem on Grape Ape

Picture_004427.jpg
Picture_005414.jpg
Picture_006392.jpg
Picture_007367.jpg
Picture_008336.jpg
Picture_012282.jpg

Paki looking halfway decent.

Picture_013256.jpg
Picture_010320.jpg

Hazelnut Cream. This one is trying out for the Sativa Dominant Hybrid role:

Picture_011295.jpg

Whats the lineage of the Paki?

Landrace Pakistani strain. It's a bit of a mystery.

I've told the story before but it's been awhile. The guy that gave me the cut made direct eye contact and told me to keep it safe, take care of it.....and that it's sacred. His exact word: sacred.

I'm told it's one of the parent strains for the OG's, but it's better than all of them as far as I'm concerned. It LOVES this soil.

Doc you take such great pics, any tips? Is that with a flash? Beautiful plants, something we all strive for! :high-five:

Tomorrow, I'll take a cell phone pic of the camera I use. It's at least 10 years old. It's resin encrusted. It's set on "auto" and I just hold the button halfway down to auto focus, and then press it down more to take the picture. I load them into the computer, rotate them upright and upload.

I inspect every plant daily, so I soon have my favorite viewing angles of certain plants and that's how I choose my pictures.

Back
Top Bottom