Doc Bud's High Brix Q&A With Pictures

Wern't you able (before the changes) to click quote on all the ones you want, except the last one... then on the last one you hit reply and it show them all... then you just do your replies in the proper areas? At any rate, thank you OL! Much appreciated!
Hit the quote button on each one that you want to quote, then hit the insert quotes button below the text window.

So I am having some issues with a couple of plants in flower. I am getting some brown/black spots on some leaves and what seems like necrotic spots. I am feeding on the heavier side but would not expect these issues since it has been mentioned that you cannot over feed really. My temps are on the lower side of things. 64 at night and between 72 and 76 with lights on.Rh is between 45and 60%. Any input is welcome. I have alternated water with GE and Tplant since up-potting and flipping. I have not given cat drench to them and its been a bit since they got brix.

Both your day and night temps are too cold......Day 78-80, night 68-70 and they'll bounce right back.

Both your day and night temps are too cold......Day 78-80, night 68-70 and they'll bounce right back.
Thanks Doc I will see what I can do to make that happen. Tents are in the basement sitting on 2 inch sheets of insulation. I have done what i can to keep then tents warm but it is hard with the basement being the size of my house and being 60 degrees.

Yep. but those 4 degrees make all the difference when it comes to phosphorus uptake, not to mention overall vigor.
I get that and that is why I have a heater sitting inside the tent and have turned it back on to try and get it where I want it to be. I want to wall off the area and insulate it so that it is easier to control the temps and humidity.

Is there an ideal soil temp? I have stuck a probe in my soil and they all check 69-70f .

Yep. 68 degrees is perfect. You're right there..... 65 degrees and you'll have a hard time getting rid of red streaked stems and purple petioles. Below 65 and all kinds of trouble will occur. Yucky, crispy kind with poor yield to boot.

Over 72 or 73 and you'll risk pathogens. You'll know you have pathogens when your plants up and die quickly, for no apparent reason.

68 is literally perfect.

Doc, would you clarify a couple of things for me? I'm not sure I've seen this addressed before and I find it confusing.

it has to to with adding nutes based on gallons of drench vs gallons of soil. For the most part, everything is now based on "gallons of soil", correct?

Exceptions are ¼ Transplant (¼ oz to 5 gallons of water) and Tea, which is really where my confusion lies. For example, on the 420Legacy site under :

About a Root Drenches, Tea: All drenches are "served" with 2-3 milTea, with two exceptions: The Super Drench and the Rescue Drench. No reference to gallons of "soil" or "drench".

Under Overview, The Products, it says, Tea: This is a liquid humate product loaded with beneficials. It is mixed with each feeding at the rate of 1 ml per gallon of drench - generally speaking. A small splash in the bottom of a 5 gallon bucket tends to do the trick.

On the 'store' it says, Application: DocBud's High Brix Tea! is "served" with each feeding at the rate of 2.5 miligrams per 6 plants (or 30 square feet of garden). Note: milligrams. Should this be milliliters?

Finally, on the Label (from the web site) it says, 0.1ml per gallon of soil. This equates to 4.3 ml for 6, 7-gallon pots or approx. 42 gal of soil, which is obviously a lot more than the 2.5ml stated elsewhere.

Thanks in advance.

Doc, would you clarify a couple of things for me? I'm not sure I've seen this addressed before and I find it confusing.

it has to to with adding nutes based on gallons of drench vs gallons of soil. For the most part, everything is now based on "gallons of soil", correct?

Exceptions are ¼ Transplant (¼ oz to 5 gallons of water) and Tea, which is really where my confusion lies. For example, on the 420Legacy site under :

About a Root Drenches, Tea: All drenches are "served" with 2-3 milTea, with two exceptions: The Super Drench and the Rescue Drench. No reference to gallons of "soil" or "drench".

Under Overview, The Products, it says, Tea: This is a liquid humate product loaded with beneficials. It is mixed with each feeding at the rate of 1 ml per gallon of drench - generally speaking. A small splash in the bottom of a 5 gallon bucket tends to do the trick.

On the 'store' it says, Application: DocBud's High Brix Tea! is "served" with each feeding at the rate of 2.5 miligrams per 6 plants (or 30 square feet of garden). Note: milligrams. Should this be milliliters?

Finally, on the Label (from the web site) it says, 0.1ml per gallon of soil. This equates to 4.3 ml for 6, 7-gallon pots or approx. 42 gal of soil, which is obviously a lot more than the 2.5ml stated elsewhere.

Thanks in advance.

Yeah Mike, no matter how we write directions someone is confused. It makes little difference. A splash of tea in the bottom of the bucket works perfect. I use ounces per 5 gallons myself....but then other folks wanted mil's per litre of soil, and mil's per ounce of water, and mils per gallon of soil too......

I was advised to write, re-write, re-state and state in alternate terms the measurments for drenches.....and still one or two are confused.

If you use 2.5 mils of Tea in a 5 gallon bucket you'll get the same results as using 4.3 mils.....or 6 mils.....or 2 mils......

If you're in a 4x8 raised bed using a hose-end sprayer then use 2.5 mils of Tea in the sprayer to drench that bed. If you're growing one plant in a 5 gallon smart pot under CFL's beneath the bathroom sink, use .1 mil per gallon of soil......OR 1 ml per gallon of drench....it really doesn't matter.

I would never have changed the original directions, but so many people have said they are confused by one thing or another....or another....or another.

Are you having trouble?

Trouble, no. My "problem" is I'm obsessed with wanting to grow the best cannabis. LOL! I think I've got a pretty green thumb, but I struggle with intuitively knowing what and how much to feed. So, when I see variations on quantities, drench vs soil, etc. I get a little confused as I want it to be p-e-r-f-e-c-t. Yah, I'm an over achiever!

BTW - the autos are doing great. Check my journal (in sig) if you haven't already.

PS - did you see my email regarding my last order? I sent it via the Contact form on 420legacy.

Trouble, no. My "problem" is I'm obsessed with wanting to grow the best cannabis. LOL! I think I've got a pretty green thumb, but I struggle with intuitively knowing what and how much to feed. So, when I see variations on quantities, drench vs soil, etc. I get a little confused as I want it to be p-e-r-f-e-c-t. Yah, I'm an over achiever!

BTW - the autos are doing great. Check my journal (in sig) if you haven't already.

PS - did you see my email regarding my last order? I sent it via the Contact form on 420legacy.

I don't know what 420legacy is.....so I didn't get your email. the website is Docbudsbrix.com

Did you have a problem with your order? PM me, or email me.....

Back
Top Bottom