Doc Bud's High Brix Q&A With Pictures

Hey Doc and gang what is your protocol for foliar sprays near harvest. I've never really paid attention to when I harvest in relation to the last foliar spray. I have a plant in the harvest window now and I just sprayed brix this morning and it had Growth yesterday. When would you all take that plant?

:cheer:

Hey Doc and gang what is your protocol for foliar sprays near harvest. I've never really paid attention to when I harvest in relation to the last foliar spray. I have a plant in the harvest window now and I just sprayed brix this morning and it had Growth yesterday. When would you all take that plant?

Since you already gave the GI drench yesterday, and sprayed Brix this morning... I'd say take her when you get the time. Thats what I would do, but I am a noob soooo. But yea, pretty sire Doc said you can spray foliar up to the day of harvest. I would just want to give her a couple or three days to let her make use of the last drench and foliar.

Since you already gave the GI drench yesterday, and sprayed Brix this morning... I'd say take her when you get the time. Thats what I would do, but I am a noob soooo. But yea, pretty sire Doc said you can spray foliar up to the day of harvest. I would just want to give her a couple or three days to let her make use of the last drench and foliar.

its what i 'd do too.. just say'n

Strawberry Banana huh? Have you had it before? That Strawberry Fields I grow is Strawberry Banana x Tangie, it's probably the best tasting citrus strain I've done.

Anyway about the stalled plant, I've had this happen and an old HB pro told me to hit with destress and that will get her moving again. It did so that's all I got for ya.

Wanted to check back in here, and say, "THANK YOU!" Neiko--worked a charm. Cut her down yesterday, the destress seems like it helped her get over her hump and bulked her up in a matter of days.

Now for the waiting game...

Wanted to check back in here, and say, "THANK YOU!" Neiko--worked a charm. Cut her down yesterday, the destress seems like it helped her get over her hump and bulked her up in a matter of days.

Now for the waiting game...

Fantastic! I never use destress except for clones and that exact situation. Will you be cobbing any?

I like to give them 2 days after a spray before I harvest.....but convenience rules once the harvest window is open.

Fantastic! I never use destress except for clones and that exact situation. Will you be cobbing any?

I will--I had to leave the curing tent unattended for several days with the Malawi Jillybean in it, came back and it was too dry to cob right, so now I'm going to have to try it with this SB, and the Super Lemon Haze that's still standing in there.

After seeing Stage start his, I'm super anxious...

thanks again

Nice plant Stoney. Did you get a lemon one? I grew that my very 1st grow, non HB. It was good but I couldn't figure out why is was called super lemon haze, mine didn't even come close to a lemon scent. I would love to find the right phenotype of that but don't want to put the work in to find it.

This one, though I've had it a while, is the 3rd from ACE I've grown--none really smelled lemony.

I'm big on lemon strains--growing Platinum Lemon Sisters, Super Lemon Haze, and Lemon Tree. I wouldn't say this one is nearly as lemony as either of the other two strains I'm growing, but there is certainly limonene in there--an embedded lemon-peel scent; it's just not the first thing that hits you--somewhat hidden beneath this sweet, floral, greasy smell that when it's all taken-in, just knocks my socks off.

Hey all. Wanted to come here for advice. I'm using Doc's kit for the first time. The grow has been great so far, but tonight I noticed the newer growth is a paler green than normal. Here is what I've documented for details and some pics from tonight. Also...am I waiting for alternate nodes before I top and flip at the same time? I'm still a newbie learning as I go....Cheers! Thanks in advance!

Day 40 Veg of Tangielope and Super Lemon Haze
Temps lights out is 72-73F Lights on is 77-78F
Humidity is set at 55%
Lights are 17 inches away
Using 2 - 240W Dorm Grow LEDs
One is 8-1/2“ from soil to top, the other is 9”
Lots of growth
No alternating nodes yet

They had 2 drenches so far. Day 28 they had 2 ounces of TP with 3 ml of tea in 2-1/2 gallon water. I thought I went way to heavy in error, but they did just fine

Plain water day 32 with 2 ml tea

Day 37 I did a Growth Energy drench trying to follow Doc's guidelines, but I think I screwed up and went too light. I put 4 ml of GE along with 3 ml Tea in 2 gallons of water and dunked.

Where should I go from here? Do a heavy TP again when they go dry?

With the pics you posted I see no issues. My new growth is almost always a pale green. I would do water next time and then drench with TP. If you are only growing the two I would say you can get away with 20-30 mL of TP and 3 mils of tea seems ok though it may be recommended you use 5. Your Growth drench was on the light side. i would use 20-30 mils of that the next time you drench as well. They look really nice and your environment sounds spot on.

With the pics you posted I see no issues. My new growth is almost always a pale green. I would do water next time and then drench with TP. If you are only growing the two I would say you can get away with 20-30 mL of TP and 3 mils of tea seems ok though it may be recommended you use 5. Your Growth drench was on the light side. i would use 20-30 mils of that the next time you drench as well. They look really nice and your environment sounds spot on.
Cool beans! Thanks Yeti! I appreciate the feedback! I'm in new territory here with Doc's kit. They are already leaps and bounds over my last grow! It's a very forgiving kit unlike what I was using before! Thanks!

What Yeti said Lady G! They really look fantastic! :high-five:
Hey Ween! Thanks for steering me in the right direction! I appreciate the help! :thanks: I think I'm a High Brixer for life!

Back
Top Bottom