Doc Bud's High Brix Q&A With Pictures

I am sold on Docs method and only brought this up because a chemical engineer posted one time about h2o2 perhaps the better choice and no further comments. It has bothered me , being a bit anal. Thinking it over, a chemical engineer might not be concerned with microbes in the buds that assist curing, (another post somewhere) which h2o2 would probably kill ? LJ/BS a bit less deadly to microbes if at all? Good enough. I get like this before a chop,sorry. A-HO (anal-hashed out)

I'm not a chemical engineer.....but I did have 3 semesters of Inorganic, 3 semesters of Organic, and 4 semesters of biochemistry in college....prior to grad school, where I had another year of biochem/pharmacology.

I'm also into cooking and have friends who are chefs. I have never attempted to wash lettuce with H202, nor chard or spinach. I DO wash them in a mild lemon/soda rinse, similar to what we do with buds. Chefs do it too.

Sometimes practical things that work well, year after year, across the board for everyone are better than concepts dreamed up by engineers. We're not trying to STERILIZE the buds by busting all the cell walls of the anaerobic bacteria that might be on the plants. We're trying to wash off dirt and foreign material first and foremost....and if there's a mild antiseptic action (from the sulfites in the Lemon juice) then that's OK too....but the primary goal is to loosen dirt and film from foliar sprays, dust, dander, etc.

H202 is much better at oxidizing cell walls and killing anaerobic microbes.....but Lemon Juice and Soda is a far better surfactant and will clean the produce much better.

Thanks again, case closed in my mind. I always use caution when listening to engineers. 3 guys were waiting their turn at the guilateen (sorry, can't spell). The first is called, any last words? Let me say my prayers. The blade would not fall. Well, the executioner said, when that happens you're free to go. NEXT The second is called, any last words? Let me say my prayers. The blade would not fall again. The executioner shook the machine and yanked the rope repeatedly, but the blade would not fall. Well, when that happens you are free to go! NEXT The third is called, any last words? Yes! I am an engineer, and I can fix that!! Let's see... :thumb::thedoubletake::cheesygrinsmiley:

Doc Bud - High Brix Q&A With Pictures

About how long before lights come on do most people spray there brix

I wait until the lights are on to spray, don't know about anyone else. I don't have specific time either. I turn off all the fans and my filter fan, most and let sit for 5 min before I turn everything back on.

I've been out for a while. Can someone tell me what's new In Docs lineup? I'm on my 7th run with the same soil. All I use is the destress.

Hey Bay! I'll take a stab at this one, the line up is essentially the same except there are new formulas for GE and Trans with added mag and probably something else I'm not thinking of eliminating the need for OG drench. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.

I'm curious to see some of your plants in 7th run using only destress. Does that mean you don't use any drenches, Brix, amendment or recharge?

Hey Bay! I'll take a stab at this one, the line up is essentially the same except there are new formulas for GE and Trans with added mag and probably something else I'm not thinking of eliminating the need for OG drench. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.

I'm curious to see some of your plants in 7th run using only destress. Does that mean you don't use any drenches, Brix, amendment or recharge?

I do have to amend the soil and that's it..its still going strong. I don't have any other product left except the destress. I started off growing hi brix in the early 90's. Wanted to try something new with Docs kit. Great product. I'll post some pics soon.

IMG_20170813_092859.jpg
IMG_20170813_092807.jpg
IMG_20170813_092627.jpg
here are some pics of the 7th grow in the soil. My camera sucks sorry.

Doc is that a filter from a cold air intake on that inline

I can t see why it wouldn't work ? Freakin smart ..

I'm pretty sure that's an intake filter, looks exactly like one I'm using

Yep.

My room is set up so that when lights are on, it is essentially a sealed room, with Co2 enrichment. When lights are off, an intake and exhaust fan come to life....the intake is down low on the floor and is a Hepa Filter. The exhaust is up high in the opposite corner and has a large charcoal cannister.

BTW, each of those large Tangies under the Advanced LED will yield approximately 7oz....no support. This strain LOVES High Brix soil.

Yep.

My room is set up so that when lights are on, it is essentially a sealed room, with Co2 enrichment. When lights are off, an intake and exhaust fan come to life....the intake is down low on the floor and is a Hepa Filter. The exhaust is up high in the opposite corner and has a large charcoal cannister.

BTW, each of those large Tangies under the Advanced LED will yield approximately 7oz....no support. This strain LOVES High Brix soil.

Dry doc?

Finally got to tend to these Blue Dream ladies last night. First time growing this strain--it seems to love the kit! Sorry for blurry photos...this is about when I like to hit them with the first Cat Drench. 5 days since last watering, much smaller than recommended (3 gallon) pots putting in some work. Cheers gang!

IMG_445111.JPG
IMG_445919.JPG
IMG_445514.JPG
IMG_446417.JPG

Back
Top Bottom