Doc Bud's High Brix Q&A With Pictures

I feel bad arctic bowl uses the kit and just gave me all his rapid rooters because he didn't need them. Good thing I dont need all 40 or 50 haha. But then again he seems to be growing some grade A+ fire colas with the kit. Like they say if it ain't broke don't fix it....

But since I know doc DOSENT advocate for the use of starting in solo cups, I think this rapid rooters or gazoos equivalent of using a fist of pro mix are both great options to avoid confusion for the people just starting out!

Great work guys.

I feel bad arctic bowl uses the kit and just gave me all his rapid rooters because he didn't need them. Good thing I dont need all 40 or 50 haha. But then again he seems to be growing some grade A+ fire colas with the kit. Like they say if it ain't broke don't fix it....

But since I know doc DOSENT advocate for the use of starting in solo cups, I think this rapid rooters or gazoos equivalent of using a fist of pro mix are both great options to avoid confusion for the people just starting out!

Great work guys.
I agree! I use the plugs for clones. Never thought to use them like this for seeds, but I think its a winner.

I agree! I use the plugs for clones. Never thought to use them like this for seeds, but I think its a winner.
Yeah cloning was the reason I had asked him about them to begin with. Idk why the rapid rooters in the medium haven't become a thing yet?! I mean everyone ends up planting them eventually.... seems so obvious!

Pave the way doc

Yep. It can be considered composting as well. Here's where it leads:

Gorilla Glue #4
Picture_024105.jpg
Picture_023113.jpg
Picture_022125.jpg

Doc,
The second pic where your leave tips are curling is exactly what I get
What action do you take or have you taken to remedy this?

I get the same thing on two strains
This pic is at Day 29 post flip
Had brix twice with wa/10x and 1 brix no wa/10x
I did a super drench after two cats and a plain water, so cat,cat,water,super
Seeing some fade also
Maybe a candidate for the OG drench
First run soil
New formula
Feeding 7ml of drench and 1 ml of tea
IMG_112352.JPG

Doc,
The second pic where your leave tips are curling is exactly what I get
What action do you take or have you taken to remedy this?

I get the same thing on two strains
This pic is at Day 29 post flip
Had brix twice with wa/10x and 1 brix no wa/10x
I did a super drench after two cats and a plain water, so cat,cat,water,super
Seeing some fade also
Maybe a candidate for the OG drench
First run soil
New formula
Feeding 7ml of drench and 1 ml of tea
IMG_112352.JPG

I don't do much about it other than take it as a sign to feed heavy, as there's now magnesium in both GE and Trans. Do a Super Drench. It's actually a good sign, as it shows the plant is sprinting.

I don't do much about it other than take it as a sign to feed heavy, as there's now magnesium in both GE and Trans. Do a Super Drench. It's actually a good sign, as it shows the plant is sprinting.

Thanks Brother

I've been using plugs for clones and seed germination for quite some time. I just recently went back to germinating in straight 1st run soil. In plugs I think I've been about 95% on germination. After following the tutorial journal I thought I would go back to straight soil. Out of 8 seeds I only got 2 up after 10 days. I just replanted into the same soil and went 4-4. I think maybe if I have a lot of seeds of one strain I'll go straight soil....only the strong survive right? Maybe the soil is doing the selection of strong strains for us??

Please post pics of some of the ones that came out good?

I'm intrigued by people who use HB soil as a "base" soil and then do interesting and unusual things with it.

I'm one of "those" people. My soil has been cut with 1/3 coco for 2 years now. My stems are solid after every run so far. I don't see any calcium leeching after 3 runs (I toss it after 3). Everything you've tried of mine has been in the coco mix. So far every lab test of re run strains have had higher terpene %. The potency has been within 2% and that could just be where the bud came from on the plant. It's the terps that are up to 2x higher.

3rd Run
20171212_060326.jpg

Yep the kit works, Bubblegum harvested at 50days pf. Trichomes all cloudy with 5% amber, and just like the OG's I harvested a couple of weeks ago, the temps are overwhelming. The super Drench kicked this old IBL into overdrive this round. A favorite in my neck of the woods.

420-magazine-mobile1712927946.jpg
420-magazine-mobile303678135.jpg
420-magazine-mobile2109767046.jpg

Getting ready for the triple wash

420-magazine-mobile616654668.jpg

Hey guys, good morning. Think I'm close to harvest on these Wonder Woman... wanted to get some opinions though cause this is my first grow with the kit. As far as I could see trics are All still clear... but the pistils are "receding" and I can't see many new ones. She's plumping up nicely though...
420-magazine-mobile2039987746.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1556959023.jpg
420-magazine-mobile307843917.jpg

I know... I know... humidity is way to low... looking at whole house humidifiers. Will get one very soon.

I've been using plugs for clones and seed germination for quite some time. I just recently went back to germinating in straight 1st run soil. In plugs I think I've been about 95% on germination. After following the tutorial journal I thought I would go back to straight soil. Out of 8 seeds I only got 2 up after 10 days. I just replanted into the same soil and went 4-4. I think maybe if I have a lot of seeds of one strain I'll go straight soil....only the strong survive right? Maybe the soil is doing the selection of strong strains for us??

I have some seeds that I can count on for 100% germ....and some of those seeds are 5 years old. Others....not so much.

I think starting in plugs is great if you have a small number of seeds. But I fully agree that the soil is picking the true winners.

I'm one of "those" people. My soil has been cut with 1/3 coco for 2 years now. My stems are solid after every run so far. I don't see any calcium leeching after 3 runs (I toss it after 3). Everything you've tried of mine has been in the coco mix. So far every lab test of re run strains have had higher terpene %. The potency has been within 2% and that could just be where the bud came from on the plant. It's the terps that are up to 2x higher.

3rd Run
20171212_060326.jpg

Could you PM or email your protocol? I'd like to include it, along with some others, in the "expert" section on the website. Speaking of the website:

Grand Opening Sale

Free Shipping on the Kit, and Bulk Kit, and all orders over $100.

We won't have a deal like this again soon.....so if you're on the fence, now is a good time to make a decision!

Back
Top Bottom