Doc Bud's - LED - High Brix - Paki/Champagne

Hi Doc! I've been lurking about watching your grow and reading about your high brix method. I LOVE the organic-microbial method and have been reading your threads.

I hope you don't mind if I ask a question? In regards to cooking the ProMix HP myco or Sunshine #4 with the organic worm castings, would your nute/tea/drench/amendment system work with a soil such as Dr. Earth Homegrown Potting soil straight from the bag instead of cooking soil for a month? If not, what exactly is the difference? I apologize for being an ignorant noob, I'm trying to learn and understand what's happening in the container.

Also, I'm looking at 7gal Smart Pots for max O2...would that be a good fit?

Thanks for any advice! You obviously know what you're doing! =D

:Namaste:

Those are great questions. Thanks for your interest in all of this.

The amendment I use is designed for Promix HP Myco and EWC. Because of that, it could very well be far too hot for Dr. Earth, which already has quite a bit of organic material.

It is likely far too high in potassium to be used for HB growing, but I wouldn't know for sure without testing it. Peat moss is where you could go if you can't get Promix.

Thanks for the reply! =D

Are your nutes created specifically for a completely neutral soil mix with all NPK derived from your system - is that the idea? And it's entirely organic - no synthetics at all?

What container works best? Smart pots - hempy - plastic? Is 7gal good for 2 plants in a 4x4 tent?

Thanks for the reply! =D

Are your nutes created specifically for a completely neutral soil mix with all NPK derived from your system - is that the idea? And it's entirely organic - no synthetics at all?

What container works best? Smart pots - hempy - plastic? Is 7gal good for 2 plants in a 4x4 tent?

You should do some reading. In my signature below is a link: How to use the hi-brix kit.

Click on that and start at the beginning of the thread and your questions will be answered.

the journey of 1000 miles begins with a single step

introduction to high brix is all about doing your homework, i'd suggest to start with Docs guides and then, like 36Gr0w suggested, observe some growers actually using the kit. From there you'll have enough info to attempt it yourself and with some luck succeed in it. Every grow is always better than the previous one, you can see that even with the best growers like DocBud.

growing is like life, the journey is the destination. best of luck in your high brix research :Namaste:

I'm reading them now. It's VERY exciting! The whole ease of maintenance concept coupled with quality and organic is just mind boggling. I'm probably going to study and plan for a few months before getting my gear and seeds. I want to do things right and be successful.

I'm ready to unjar my high brix organic cured bud and start token....but wait! I have to get soil cooked first...dangit! I'm going too fast again! haha :thedoubletake::biglaugh:

Doc I have a question, you've been pointing out all sorts of phenotypical traits in your current Paki and Champagne crops that you say you haven't seen before. I know there are ways to provoke phenotypical expressions not usually shown by manipulating light schedule (11/13) and what not... I forget if you are running that light cycle, but I do think I remember you saying HB does the same thing.. in terms of coaxing out different phenotypical expressions.

Would High Brix soil and/or an 11/13 light schedule be more likely to draw out purples in the flowers? You have some absolutely beautiful purple buds and I would imagine you don't mess around with changing your temperatures drastically to provoke the coloration.

Thanks a lot Doc!

Maxyields..interesting question. I am running 11/13 and HB and noticed some plants start to get purple. The problem with my plants that did, I dont know their origin..they were unknowns or bagseed.
I am running some known strains, Bubblegum(not sure of purple phenos), and WW, Buddha Tahoe OG(not sure)and 5 ACE strains(but 2 are definitely purple:))

Maxyields..interesting question. I am running 11/13 and HB and noticed some plants start to get purple. The problem with my plants that did, I dont know their origin..they were unknowns or bagseed.
I am running some known strains, Bubblegum(not sure of purple phenos), and WW, Buddha Tahoe OG(not sure)and 5 ACE strains(but 2 are definitely purple:))

Well from what I have seen and read, 11/13 brings out traits that otherwise wouldn't have shown themselves.... It would then make sense to me that a strain with a Purple Lineage, could have those purple phenotypical expressions "drawn out" so to say. That is all speculation on my part, but that seems more natural to me than dropping your night time temps to provoke coloration.

I will stop by your thread and check it out again, I remember your terraced garden very well... I guess I'm not subscribed yet, but that'll change right now. I cant get enough High Brix action!! :cheesygrinsmiley: :cheesygrinsmiley:

Doc I have a question, you've been pointing out all sorts of phenotypical traits in your current Paki and Champagne crops that you say you haven't seen before. I know there are ways to provoke phenotypical expressions not usually shown by manipulating light schedule (11/13) and what not... I forget if you are running that light cycle, but I do think I remember you saying HB does the same thing.. in terms of coaxing out different phenotypical expressions.

Would High Brix soil and/or an 11/13 light schedule be more likely to draw out purples in the flowers? You have some absolutely beautiful purple buds and I would imagine you don't mess around with changing your temperatures drastically to provoke the coloration.

Thanks a lot Doc!

I have been running 11/13 for close to a year now? It sure seems like it, maybe only 6 months. I'm not sure. But I've had 3 Paki harvests under 11/13 at least and the plants always looked "normal."

There is no question that under these Platinums I am seeing a very different phenotype. I am 100% certain nothing got mixed up, and I know my strains. The lower half of the plant has long petioles like normal Paki, but the upper part does not. Only 2 of 6 are like that.

The High Brix gear also brings out Sativa traits in many strains even under 12/12. It seems that these characteristics are even more pronounced under 11/13. The smoke sure is fun.

I don't lower the temps too much for the purples, sometimes not at all. The young ones are going purple and it's nice and warm at night. The Cat Drench seems to start it.

No. I vegged under T5. I haven't yet converted the veg room over. All in good time.

Yeah, I noticed the Badboy T5 in your posts from 2 years ago. Would there be any benefit to changing from T5 or is that yet TBD?

Back
Top Bottom