Doc Bud's - LED - High Brix - Paki/Champagne

Doc

on that pic showing the whole room it is really impressive how far down the canopy it looks like the nugs are solid rather than those airy kind.

I used to get about 8-12 penetration with my 600wHPS. My 3LEDs are getting me more in to the 12-18 of nice nugs rather than ones that dry up into nothing.

Yours look like they doing a good job way past 24" penetration?

They penetrate every bit as good if not better than the HPS. All those lower buds are getting light, as the plants open up a bit if you just let them grow and stake them here and there. The lights are so bright, the lower buds are really nice, while the tops are getting bleached on the tallest colas. I really don't care about it, as the rest of the plant is so damn happy.

But I could raise the lights another 6 inches....just might do it.

They continue to grow and into "lime green" mode, which always happens when they're healthy at this stage. Resin production is satisfactory, yield will be equal to or greater than with 2000watts HPS, which these lights are replacing.

So far, it's the best Paki and Champagne crop of my career.

:green_heart:

We can't tell you how honored we are to be a part of that, Doc.. :thumb:

Looking absolutely FANTASTIC over here! Bravo bravo braaaaaaaaaavo!

... The lights are so bright, the lower buds are really nice, while the tops are getting bleached on the tallest colas. I really don't care about it, as the rest of the plant is so damn happy.

But I could raise the lights another 6 inches....just might do it.

I did same Doc. I had some colas grow right up into the lights and some of the tops got bleached tips. Didn't effect the rest of the plant though, so it's all good. I had another 9" of height I could claim, but didn't at the time. I'm raising them to the stops this time most likely.

:cool:

As I understand it, when buds get bleached it is just the chlorophyll that is effected.. and the trichomes, etc. are unaffected..

Is that correct? And did you run into any leaf burn or crispness due to their closeness to the light Gov?

Most definitely :cheesygrinsmiley: All you guys doing the High Brix / Platinum LED colab grows are getting me so excited for what the future holds :cheesygrinsmiley: :cheesygrinsmiley: Seems like the winning combo!

Tell me about it. I was just coming here to ask if I could borrow a time machine so I can A) fast forward to when the soil is cooked. B) fast forward to when my next gen P600's arrive. C) fast forward to my own CLW880 vs 2xP600 shoot off and D) fast forward to see the end result. I promise to return said time machine back right away, literally, i'll return it two seconds after I borrow it :)

I asked Mark from Platinum about two 1200's in a 4x4 and got a two word reply "No way". LOL. He suggested a max of two P600's and was confident a single P450 would do better than my Solarflare 880. LOL I've never even used my 880, but was so excited by these threads I had to have some Platinum LEDs too.

Now I wait, which sucks, LOL.

Tell me about it. I was just coming here to ask if I could borrow a time machine so I can A) fast forward to when the soil is cooked. B) fast forward to when my next gen P600's arrive. C) fast forward to my own CLW880 vs 2xP600 shoot off and D) fast forward to see the end result. I promise to return said time machine back right away, literally, i'll return it two seconds after I borrow it :)

I asked Mark from Platinum about two 1200's in a 4x4 and got a two word reply "No way". LOL. He suggested a max of two P600's and was confident a single P450 would do better than my Solarflare 880. LOL I've never even used my 880, but was so excited by these threads I had to have some Platinum LEDs too.

Two P600's would create outdoor-like plants on a 4x4. It would be ideal. I've got a silly amount of light over this tray and the plants aren't perfect....there's some bleaching.

But resin looks good, yield looks good, aroma is incredible, and I've discovered a brand new phenotypical expression for the Lemon Paki strain under this incredibly bright light.

This one is normal:
Picture_025100.jpg

This one has shorter petioles and a different leaf structure. I thought the strain got mixed up somehow, but that's actually impossible and the stems look the same as do the lower leaves. This is all expression from the lighting.
Picture_020119.jpg

Tell me about it. I was just coming here to ask if I could borrow a time machine so I can A) fast forward to when the soil is cooked.

I'm also waiting for dirt to cook....I feel ya! At least it's forcing me to make calculated decisions about everything in the mean time :)

Wow unbelievable Doc.

so what changed since the last time you grew lemon paki?

light cycle ? led ? more Co2 ?

what variable would you guess is the one that the changed paki ?

I was just coming here to ask if I could borrow a time machine...

What do we want?
Time travel!
When do we want it?
Irrelevant!

primo bud Doc, excellent job as expected :bravo:

honestly Doc if i was possessing your skills and equipment i'd set apart a space in my room for a monster plant just for the fuck of it

something like a high brix monster inside a tremendously big pot vegged for a good 6 months

that would make the worlds hall of fame :rofl:

honestly Doc if i was possessing your skills and equipment i'd set apart a space in my room for a monster plant just for the fuck of it

something like a high brix monster inside a tremendously big pot vegged for a good 6 months

that would make the worlds hall of fame :rofl:

You basically described the greenhouse I will have someday. I will attempt to grow 6 pound plants in native soil amended every year to bring it into HB territory.

That's where I'm headed.

Hi Doc! I've been lurking about watching your grow and reading about your high brix method. I LOVE the organic-microbial method and have been reading your threads.

I hope you don't mind if I ask a question? In regards to cooking the ProMix HP myco or Sunshine #4 with the organic worm castings, would your nute/tea/drench/amendment system work with a soil such as Dr. Earth Homegrown Potting soil straight from the bag instead of cooking soil for a month? If not, what exactly is the difference? I apologize for being an ignorant noob, I'm trying to learn and understand what's happening in the container.

Also, I'm looking at 7gal Smart Pots for max O2...would that be a good fit?

Thanks for any advice! You obviously know what you're doing! =D

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom