Doc Bud's - LED - High Brix - Paki/Champagne

Pictures of Cannabis growing under massive amounts of PAR, via PlatinumLED's P1200's x2 over a 6x3 table with 8 plants.

IMG_73473.jpg

IMG_73463.jpg

IMG_73452.JPG

IMG_73443.JPG

IMG_73433.jpg

IMG_73425.jpg

IMG_73413.JPG

IMG_73364.JPG

IMG_73356.JPG

IMG_73343.JPG

IMG_73335.JPG

IMG_73324.JPG

IMG_73315.JPG

IMG_73304.JPG

IMG_73294.JPG

IMG_73283.JPG

IMG_73273.JPG

Hey doc, the pics of the stems that have the red lines in them, isn't that a sign of low magnesium?

Yes!....and no. When I was growing in organic supersoil, the stems were always purple. It was "normal" for those plants. Now, they're bright green about 1/3 of the way up all the way to the top.

And yet, I've got a very slight "taco" going on, which is very much normal and actually desirable with this strain. You want to flirt with a magnesium deficiency in HB. Not due to a lack of magnesium, but as a result of super high plant metabolism that puts everything the plant can muster into the buds.

We don't want it to get out of hand, that's for sure, but it's actually a very good sign given the other characteristics of high brix levels are also present.

I've never been able to correct that slight amount of purple in the stems. Instead, I've come to appreciate that they're mostly bright green when they used to be all purple.

There are some other strains that should never get purple, and then there are several where the entire plant turns color.

Yes!....and no. When I was growing in organic supersoil, the stems were always purple. It was "normal" for those plants. Now, they're bright green about 1/3 of the way up all the way to the top.

And yet, I've got a very slight "taco" going on, which is very much normal and actually desirable with this strain. You want to flirt with a magnesium deficiency in HB. Not due to a lack of magnesium, but as a result of super high plant metabolism that puts everything the plant can muster into the buds.

We don't want it to get out of hand, that's for sure, but it's actually a very good sign given the other characteristics of high brix levels are also present.

I've never been able to correct that slight amount of purple in the stems. Instead, I've come to appreciate that they're mostly bright green when they used to be all purple.

There are some other strains that should never get purple, and then there are several where the entire plant turns color.

Hey doc I got sin tra bajo auto that has purple on the top half and green in underside.......weird. Here is a pic of the top sorry u can't see the different stem color
image21226.jpg

And the whole thing....
image21227.jpg

This isn't hb but it was something to do while the soil cooked.....:rofl:

Good lord almighty Doc....

Those are beautiful, love how fat those pistils are. The buds look HUGE already!

Have you been experiencing any problems with such massive amounts of PAR this run like you did when you first introduced the P1200 Indulgence to your garden? It stressed your ladies as I remember in the first Journal.

Good lord almighty Doc....

Those are beautiful, love how fat those pistils are. The buds look HUGE already!

Have you been experiencing any problems with such massive amounts of PAR this run like you did when you first introduced the P1200 Indulgence to your garden? It stressed your ladies as I remember in the first Journal.

I didn't have any issues this time because I put them up pretty high and ran without the bloom setting for the first 7 days. They thrived.

And we're looking real good right now after a Brix foliar application. We should get some resin forming up really strong in the next week.

astonishing as always Doc
looks like it's snowing in California, sweet resin jesus. :drool:

Looking beautifully frosty, Doc!
So many journals. So little time. Regardless, subb'd for this one.

All of those specimens look magnificent from where I am standing (or rather sitting) Doc... The amount of resin production you get from those Cat Drenches is so cool. Your buds are never less than a 10 out of 10 aesthetically speaking.

I have a question about light. You prefer the sun over everything, do you believe the sun produces a more desirable product and if so, why?

I like the idea of growing under the sun because of its “organicness,” and coupled with High Brix it seems like it wouldn’t get much more true to Mother Nature than that. :cheesygrinsmiley: However when I see you, and other experienced growers speaking to the power of lighting, I constantly see “Resin Production” and other factors of growth compared. When you are talking about that, are you keeping your comparisons within man-made light? Are any man-made lights even relatively close to producing better quality light than the sun?

I know this is kind of a multi-level question… I just wanted to understand where artificial lighting stands in comparison to the Sun, in your opinion. Thank you very much in advance for even reading this question.

All of those specimens look magnificent from where I am standing (or rather sitting) Doc... The amount of resin production you get from those Cat Drenches is so cool. Your buds are never less than a 10 out of 10 aesthetically speaking.

I have a question about light. You prefer the sun over everything, do you believe the sun produces a more desirable product and if so, why?

I like the idea of growing under the sun because of its "organicness," and coupled with High Brix it seems like it wouldn't get much more true to Mother Nature than that. :cheesygrinsmiley: However when I see you, and other experienced growers speaking to the power of lighting, I constantly see "Resin Production" and other factors of growth compared. When you are talking about that, are you keeping your comparisons within man-made light? Are any man-made lights even relatively close to producing better quality light than the sun?

I know this is kind of a multi-level question... I just wanted to understand where artificial lighting stands in comparison to the Sun, in your opinion. Thank you very much in advance for even reading this question.

Artificial lighting sucks. It's getting better, but overall, it sucks. It is the exact opposite of "sustainability" as it requires massive amounts of electricity and produces far more heat than light, which requires AC, which produces yet more heat and uses more electricity.

The ONLY advantage indoor growers have is that we can control the weather. If we fail to assert absolute 100% control of the growing environment we give up the only positive aspect to growing indoors.

Compared to a fully controlled greenhouse utilizing mother nature for most lighting (and a few supplemental lights and blackout curtains), indoor growing is just stupid.

The only reason we do it is because:

Prohibition......which is stupidity taken to the level of cruelty.

The Sun. That's the best light source. I think properly grown outdoor/greenhouse bud is more potent and has a more "organic" connected sort of effect. That's my experience.

Having said all that, I do think high quality LED's are the best lighting available for a small, indoor grow. I'm not sure how they would hold up in a greenhouse environment.

The only reason we do it is because:

Prohibition......which is stupidity taken to the level of cruelty.

Well said Doc, how long do we have to suffer under corrupted goverments and get strong armed into doing things we don't like. They say what we do is illegal, isnt bribery illegal? What about all big pharmas cutting deals under the table with yahoo politicians to boycott our life style and choice of medicine. Why do we have to bow our heads and stay silent so they can make a profit out of it.

The research is there, the facts are there, yet they refuse to adknowledge that far more harmful substances are legal to consume and produce, while this harmless and in fact medicinal plant suffers in silence along with it's entire society. They sure know how to manipulate the media and make people believe what they want, always showing kids getting in accidents high or BHO labs exploding with headlines "Hash labs are the new Meth labs" but we all know thats total and utter bullshit.

They'll do whatever it takes so it stays a Schedule-1 narcotic and that's not gonna change until people take matter into their own hands. Most old schoolers are just patiently waiting years to pass for the new generation of politicians to take over so more open minded people can lead us into a brighter tommorow. I dont have my hopes very high for that, i just count on the people waking up someday and realising their whole life is a lie.

we all have a funny story about how we stopped bowing to the social pressure and started living the life we want to, doing what we wanna do even if that comes with consequences.

people are going to wake up eventually and when they do no goverment is going to be able to contain what's coming

demons run when a good man goes to war

Doc

on that pic showing the whole room it is really impressive how far down the canopy it looks like the nugs are solid rather than those airy kind.

I used to get about 8-12 penetration with my 600wHPS. My 3LEDs are getting me more in to the 12-18 of nice nugs rather than ones that dry up into nothing.

Yours look like they doing a good job way past 24" penetration?

Back
Top Bottom