DocBud's Next Medical Grow

Hi Doc - That PPP looks :yummy:. I'm pretty jealous - I've tried to grow it twice now and ended up with males each time. It's been a strain I've wanted to try for literally years now - hope yours are as good as they look. Beautiful! Also - this sure looks like a 5 star thread to me...

:welldone:

Doc & Velo....

I just got the SNS 604A & B and also Snowstorm Ultra.

I'm in perlite with OC+, 14th day of 12/12.

It doesn't sound like there's a problem using the SS & SNS together? Should I use suggested dosages or half of each in your opinions?

I'm venturing off the OC+ only reservation, so any advice is appreciated.

Tasty looking grow, Doc :thumb:

What sort of T5 arangement do you have ove this Blue Dream?

IMG_14656.JPG

I probably missed it, but do you have other BDs under HPSs? How do they look?

Your grows just keep getting better :popcorn:

:peace:

Doc & Velo....

It doesn't sound like there's a problem using the SS & SNS together? Should I use suggested dosages or half of each in your opinions?

I use drops to test ph and can't use them with the 604A since it's dark, while I'm saving for a ph meter do you guys know what ph effect the sns 604A, B & SS have? I'm guessing a tad acidic but any help is again very appreciated.

Hi Doc - That PPP looks :yummy:. I'm pretty jealous - I've tried to grow it twice now and ended up with males each time. It's been a strain I've wanted to try for literally years now - hope yours are as good as they look. Beautiful! Also - this sure looks like a 5 star thread to me...
:welldone:

thanks bro. This is very good smoke....really good.
But not quite as good as the Jack Herer I grew last time, due mainly to genetics. This PPP has more smell and taste than the PPP I sampled that was perlite grown. The effect is similar but a bit more complex in the soil compared to the perlite.

Don't get me wrong, no one would turn their nose up at this. People are going to like it just fine.....but I'm becoming a great big snob.

Doc & Velo....

You're headed the right direction! I don't see a problem mixing the two, since the SNS has no NPK. Go easy at first and see what happens.

I use drops to test ph and can't use them with the 604A since it's dark, while I'm saving for a ph meter do you guys know what ph effect the sns 604A, B & SS have? I'm guessing a tad acidic but any help is again very appreciated.

Snowstorm is actually mildly basic....I have no idea with the SNS. Do you have a friend with a meter? Hydro shop maybe?

You're headed the right direction! I don't see a problem mixing the two, since the SNS has no NPK. Go easy at first and see what happens.

Snowstorm is actually mildly basic....I have no idea with the SNS. Do you have a friend with a meter? Hydro shop maybe?

Thanks Doc! I'm not sure I have any friends who even know what pH is much less have a meter. I'm ordering a Hanna today.

I noticed the cal-mag is also slightly base so I'll guess based on that for now, thank you my friend!

Tasty looking grow, Doc :thumb:

What sort of T5 arangement do you have ove this Blue Dream?

IMG_14656.JPG

I probably missed it, but do you have other BDs under HPSs? How do they look?

Your grows just keep getting better :popcorn:

:peace:

I've got one BD under the HPS....It's bigger, but not as frosty. I just put all of these BD's under HPS last night, as the PPP's aren't there any more.

It's a NewWave 8 bulb T5.....3 are "flowering" bulbs, 5 are of the "veg" spectrum. It pulls 495 watts.

hi Doc just when I thought I had my room all planned out my Financial adviser(my wife...LOL) has told me we can't afford to get the glh LED lights, so was hopping you or someone here could help me out my room will be 3X8 by 51/2 foot tall or 2 3X4X51/2 if I go with the 2 rooms I want to stager them so I can harvest more often will have a third room for starts. my question is what size HID light would be better for the rooms I want to do the 12/12 from seed so do you think the one room would be better and just keep rotating plants into it. thanks to everyone for their help.

hi Doc just when I thought I had my room all planned out my Financial adviser(my wife...LOL) has told me we can't afford to get the glh LED lights, so was hopping you or someone here could help me out my room will be 3X8 by 51/2 foot tall or 2 3X4X51/2 if I go with the 2 rooms I want to stager them so I can harvest more often will have a third room for starts. my question is what size HID light would be better for the rooms I want to do the 12/12 from seed so do you think the one room would be better and just keep rotating plants into it. thanks to everyone for their help.

1000watts will cover 4x4 if you use a mover. Some say you don't need a mover, but I totally disagree.

I would use 2 600 watters on a mover for a 3x8 footprint......or 2 1000 watters.

As far as 12/12 from seed, I'd start half the room 1 month ahead of the other half and just start new seeds when you harvest plants.

thank you for your opinion doc.
I know each strain is different but how many mature plants at 12/12 do you think will work in 3x8.

At least 24....maybe more....
But do me a favor....don't skimp on the lights. Your minimum is 2 600 watters on a mover. Personally, I think the 1000's are too small, but there's not much I can do about it until I get a climate controlled greenhouse.

Make sure you start the seeds on 12/12 and get the light good and bright on 'em. Keep temps in the mid 70's and you'll have a good number of females. You don't need large pots for these....2 gallons is fine.

With good lighting, you'll get about 2-3 oz per plant.

I'm pretty sure you know this.....but 12/12 grows don't work with clones, only from seed.

hey doc sorry but I have another lighting question. cees says use t5 lights in the beginning but I say in your thread someone said that changing lights hurts the plants shout I get a small mh or hps. I know could I get a couple of t5 from h.d. and use them but I was wondering what your and others opinion was. Thanks again for all your help.

Life is to short so you need to grab it by the bongs and enjoy the ride.

hey doc sorry but I have another lighting question. cees says use t5 lights in the beginning but I say in your thread someone said that changing lights hurts the plants shout I get a small mh or hps. I know could I get a couple of t5 from h.d. and use them but I was wondering what your and others opinion was. Thanks again for all your help.

Life is to short so you need to grab it by the bongs and enjoy the ride.

I haven't had any problem going from T5 to HPS.....none at all.

Get the light right down on those emerging seedlings....2-4 inches away, nice and bright.

Doc, I just got caught up on several of your journals and just wanted to thank you for all the help and knowledge you've passed on. :thanks:

Those are some really beautiful buds you have there! :welldone:

@ Hash Hound - A while ago you had asked about germinating older seeds (I just read it today!) and here's a video I had posted in my first journal that you may find helpful on this (not my video!):

YouTube - Germinating Previously Frozen or Older Pot Seeds by jjmcgyver

Back
Top Bottom