DocBud's Next Medical Grow

Mr Krip.

Ty for the video. I will give it a try. Not sure where I can use a sink with out the kids asking questions though.

So far I have tried the paper towel method and no luck.

This time I have tried nicking the tip of the seed with a knife just a bit, a method I read about. Two days in paper towels and nothing yet.

I did not watch the video yet...but if you're talking about popping seeds, please don't use the paper towel method. It breaks all the rules and is only really good for 5th grade science class. Sure, seeds germinate this way and you can grow plants.....but it's far from the best way!

Here are the rules....not my rules....but actual scientific rules based on plant biology.

1.)Do not expose the roots to light
2.)Do not handle or disturb roots
3.)Allow the emerging radicle to orient itself via gravitropism (look it up if you don't know what I'm talking about)
4.)Keep bright light on the emerging seedling

What this mean is that you should germinate in such a way that the seed and root are in total darkness, IE under the soil.

Soak the seeds in water for 18 hours then plant them 1/4 inch deep in soil or vermiculite or a rapid rooter, oasis cube, etc.

If you want more females, make sure they emerge under bright light and temps of about 72-74 degrees with a weak 3-1-2 nutrient charge.

The first 24 hours of a seed's life is a huge determiner of sex.....I've got some long posts here and there on the forum regarding seed germination if anyone cares to search. But if you learn one thing....DON"T USE THE PAPER TOWEL METHOD.

Soak 'em and plant 'em.

great tips poppin up can oc+ be used in pocket then be removed like plant food stick

great tips poppin up can oc+ be used in pocket then be removed like plant food stick

Thanks for visiting my journal, Holysmokey!

Yes, there is no reason you couldn't put the OC+ in some sort of tea bag or other container and remove it when you wish. However, the product is designed to be incorporated into the soil, or top dressed....or both.

People get all worried that their smoke won't taste good without a flush, etc.

Not true!!!! If you overfeed your plants and have all kinds of salt and metal buildup in the soil things will taste bad.....but no such problems exist with TRF's.....provided you're not growing in really hot conditions.

There is no need to flush with OC+. But if you really, really want to.....turn down the temps and flush with each watering, but leave the OC+ in the medium.

good point thinking about it they where made for that purpose for the plant to feed as needed

Well, I found out why I could never get pics that really showed the resin formation.....my camera settings were very low, so I fixed 'em, and now I've finally got pictures that look like the plants.

These are the 3D....they are stupendously resinous. Crazy genetics.
I vaped some lower buds from Querkle last night...no drying, no cure, not very good buds.....but I got so impaired I was stunned.

Subcool is the man! His breeding is scary good.
IMG_14744.JPG

IMG_14754.JPG

IMG_14754.JPG

IMG_14766.JPG

Below is one of the Blue Dreams, started under 12/12. It's just one long cola, like 12/12 plants are. Probably no more than 2oz....maybe 1.5, but so easy to manage! I'll be doing quite a bit of 12/12 next cycle.
IMG_14776.JPG

Doc I wish I was closer I'd come by and be your tester! We can't have you taking unnecessary risks :tokin:

I never heard of 3D before but it sure is spectacular, how does it compare with the blackberry so far?

Doc I wish I was closer I'd come by and be your tester! We can't have you taking unnecessary risks :tokin:

I never heard of 3D before but it sure is spectacular, how does it compare with the blackberry so far?

I wish you were closer too....you could drive a pair of scissors when it's time....

3D is completely different than the blackberry. The plant is tall and lanky, and the bud formation is more like OG Kush....tennis ball sized lumps with all kinds of short foxtailing and gobs of resin.

The plants are turning color because of the soil...they're fading as planned for harvest in about 10 days. The blackberry, on the other hand, was a dark shade of red wine/purple, with perfectly healthy leaves.....very different growth patterns.

The resin production on the 3D is about twice as much as the Blackberry was.....and that's saying something. Subcool has my greatest respect as a breeder. I think he breeds meds for people who have a very high tolerance....all day smokers.

That Querkle will cut through any fog.......damn strong. I don't have any pain issues....but I can't feel a thing after smoking the querkle. I can't imagine what the 3D will be like.

Leaps and bounds with the camera today. Now I can actually take pics that show what's going on.

newone1.jpg

This is what the buds look like up close.....lot's of em.... about a pound's worth.

WOW!!! That is just BEAUTIFUL!!! :high-five:

Back
Top Bottom