DocBud's Next Medical Grow

Hey Doc - Sorry to hear about the PPP. I've tried to grow that twice (3 plants) and they all ended up male. (Worst part is that they were supposed to be feminized seeds, but were 100% male). I'm jinxed with it, and I've wanted to try it so bad it hurts, lol.

Everything else looks nice and healthy :yummy:

Sounds like a good idea to steer clear of the smart pots.

I think the snowstorm works really well. I can see the difference once I start using it.

And you're right about the smart pots. I'll not be using them again, especially after the fungus gnats and the one plant dead and all. I can bleach and rinse plastic pots.....but not the smart pots.

I tell you what, bro. If you can get a hold of some Third Dimension, you'll love growing it. More resin than anything I've ever grown....even more than the Jack.

ya all Sub Cools strains are crazy, and its breaks my heart that my space queen didnt make it. 3D is a crazy strain, his new ones are crazy crazy like agent orange and a few others.

i might give Snow Strom a try again, you have and feeding tips or how much when and how long or anything that you have found to work good? its cheap stuff so thats good.

get some 5 gal buckets nursery pots are a Joke, my 3gal bucket is bigger then a 5gal nursery pot. my 5gal buckets, well dont even compare.

Your garden looks so good Doc. Sorry to hear about your loss. Strange!! Maybe you guys are right about the smart pots. I guess you can't just throw in the laundry with some bleach lol. It seems like you could scrub um up pretty good, but I may still have to give one try and see. Or not!!

Irish, funny you say that about the bleeping nursery pots. What a friggin rip!! Fat buckets is where it's at or those 5 gallon pales from the diy store. Sounds like "Winning".

I thought I'd take some pictures that show the resin formation. These kinda do it. They also show how things are startin to fade and change color, as the grow winds down.

We'll see if the taste is far superior.....if not, I'm going to use OC+ more on the next grow, like I did on the last. If the taste is, I'll be happy with the lower yield.

IMG_14326.JPG

IMG_14336.JPG

IMG_14348.JPG

IMG_14359.JPG

IMG_143612.JPG

IMG_14387.JPG

IMG_14396.JPG

IMG_14406.JPG

Below is a Blue Dream, growing under a T5
IMG_144110.JPG

IMG_14424.JPG

Damn, that's sad to hear about the PPP dyin' like that. Weird too, everywhere I read about smart pots, they are supposed to be the bomb??? Maybe better for nursery type growing outside??? Who knows? Maybe airpots are better. I've seen some killer grows with waterfarms lately though. Seen one with a Pineapple Express in a waterfarm (one plant), that yielded 11 oz's using nothing but Flora Nova Bloom the whole grow.

We might have to start calling you "frosty" the Growman!

Hey Doc,

My condolences on your loss, that does sound strange. The rest of the girls are looking beautiful though! I'd been eagerly awaiting more pics, and you didn't disappoint.

Let me just say Doc, that I've read through all your journals and I can't tell you how much I've learned in a few short months. I owe you and everyone who's posted on your journals, offering their experience and knowledge freely, a debt of gratitude. That being said, All of your grows are beautiful, you truly have a green thumb!

I tried the fabric pots myself (I was using Square Roots pots) and I didn't like them very much. I found handling and watering much more difficult. However, when I transplanted out of them I loved what I saw. It seemed they worked as promised, air pruning the roots. I'm now in the process of switching over to the Superoots Air-Pots, and so far I'm very impressed with how they are performing.

So, what I'm getting at is that if you're not going to be using the Smart Pots again, I would be very excited to see how Air-Pots would perform in your garden! You have the perfect proving ground with everything dialed in so well, it seems any advantage would really show.

Just a thought!:peacetwo:

Hey Doc,

My condolences on your loss, that does sound strange. The rest of the girls are looking beautiful though! I'd been eagerly awaiting more pics, and you didn't disappoint.

Let me just say Doc, that I've read through all your journals and I can't tell you how much I've learned in a few short months. I owe you and everyone who's posted on your journals, offering their experience and knowledge freely, a debt of gratitude. That being said, All of your grows are beautiful, you truly have a green thumb!

I tried the fabric pots myself (I was using Square Roots pots) and I didn't like them very much. I found handling and watering much more difficult. However, when I transplanted out of them I loved what I saw. It seemed they worked as promised, air pruning the roots. I'm now in the process of switching over to the Superoots Air-Pots, and so far I'm very impressed with how they are performing.

So, what I'm getting at is that if you're not going to be using the Smart Pots again, I would be very excited to see how Air-Pots would perform in your garden! You have the perfect proving ground with everything dialed in so well, it seems any advantage would really show.

Just a thought!:peacetwo:

thanks for stopping by!

I loved the nice root ball I saw on the last grow too. But after having an unexplained plant death and fungus gnats.....I'm not comfortable doing another grow in the fabric.

Larger pots with a wick should do just fine.

I was going to try the 3D, but I went with Pandora's Box instead, anyone grow that one out before? I'm about to start them up along with a bunch of others.

I was going to try the 3D, but I went with Pandora's Box instead, anyone grow that one out before? I'm about to start them up along with a bunch of others.

I think Subcool has some great strains! I like his philosophy and methods. I'm sure you'll like Pandora's Box!

Just remember that he grows in very hot organic soil, and the strains are bred to bring out the best flavor in that method.

Viruses rarely kill Cannabis. They only exist and replicate in living plants. Viruses can, however, seriously reduce yields. Once acquired, they are nearly impossible to eradicate. Viruses invade all parts of plants. Pollen and seed infections transmit viruses to subsequent generations.
Five viral syndromes are described in the literature. In addition to these naturally-occurring infections, Hartowicz et al. (1971) screened 22 common plant viruses for their ability to infect wild hemp. Over half the viruses could infect Cannabis.
The hemp streak virus (HSV) is frequently cited on fiber cultivars in Europe. Foliar symptoms begin as a pale green chlorosis. Chlorotic areas soon develop into a series of interveinal yellow streaks or chevron-stripes. Some-times brown necrotic flecks appear, each fleck surrounded by a pale green halo. Flecks appear along the margins and tips of older leaves and often coalesce. Streak symptoms predominate in moist weather, flecks appear during dry weather. Leaf margins become wrinkled and leaf tips roll upward, leaflets curl into spirals. Whole plants assume a "wavy wilt" appearance.
The hemp mozaic virus has been described on fiber cultivars in Europe and drug cultivars in Pakistan. Symptoms were described as a gray leaf mosaics. Three other viruses have been cited on European hemp—the alfalfa mozaic virus (=lucerne mozaic virus), cucumber mozaic virus, and the arabis mozaic virus. Many insects transmit these viruses as they feed from plant to plant. According to Ceapoiu (1958), the worst vectors of Cannabis viruses are bhang aphids (Phorodon cannabis), greenhouse whiteflies (Trialeudodes vaporariorum), onion thrips (Thrips tabaci) and green peach aphids (Myzus persicae). [I got this from CITATION]

I have seen thrips give a plant p-k deficiency so bad so quick, the plant looks like it has been growing with overnight lows in the 40's because it turns purple in a few days and then (purple is sometimes p def) dies. All within a week.

Sending you the positive vibes doc. ltr

Viruses rarely kill Cannabis. They only exist and replicate in living plants. Viruses can, however, seriously reduce yields. Once acquired, they are nearly impossible to eradicate. Viruses invade all parts of plants. Pollen and seed infections transmit viruses to subsequent generations.
Five viral syndromes are described in the literature. In addition to these naturally-occurring infections, Hartowicz et al. (1971) screened 22 common plant viruses for their ability to infect wild hemp. Over half the viruses could infect Cannabis.
The hemp streak virus (HSV) is frequently cited on fiber cultivars in Europe. Foliar symptoms begin as a pale green chlorosis. Chlorotic areas soon develop into a series of interveinal yellow streaks or chevron-stripes. Some-times brown necrotic flecks appear, each fleck surrounded by a pale green halo. Flecks appear along the margins and tips of older leaves and often coalesce. Streak symptoms predominate in moist weather, flecks appear during dry weather. Leaf margins become wrinkled and leaf tips roll upward, leaflets curl into spirals. Whole plants assume a "wavy wilt" appearance.
The hemp mozaic virus has been described on fiber cultivars in Europe and drug cultivars in Pakistan. Symptoms were described as a gray leaf mosaics. Three other viruses have been cited on European hemp–the alfalfa mozaic virus (=lucerne mozaic virus), cucumber mozaic virus, and the arabis mozaic virus. Many insects transmit these viruses as they feed from plant to plant. According to Ceapoiu (1958), the worst vectors of Cannabis viruses are bhang aphids (Phorodon cannabis), greenhouse whiteflies (Trialeudodes vaporariorum), onion thrips (Thrips tabaci) and green peach aphids (Myzus persicae). [I got this from CITATION]

I have seen thrips give a plant p-k deficiency so bad so quick, the plant looks like it has been growing with overnight lows in the 40's because it turns purple in a few days and then (purple is sometimes p def) dies. All within a week.

Sending you the positive vibes doc. ltr

thanks for the info!
All other plants are healthy and getting fat and frosty. I don't have thrips...but do still have the occasional fungus gnat visitor.....makes me miss growing hempy....but the smell from these girls couldn't be achieved in a sterile medium.

So, we indoor growers must struggle on and fight the good fight against the evil insect world.

Smoke Report:

Sunset Kush---a cross between Williams Wonder and Violator Kush, taken from clone of breeder chosen pheno that characterized the cross.

Vaped it at 370 degrees. It had a minty, sweet flavor....very clean and pleasant, almost like a dessert. I'd say the terpenes were not fully developed like they would be in soil, but the taste was still very pleasant. In soil, if the dank mustiness of the violator came out a bit more I don't think I'd like it, so in this case I think the perlite grown weed might be better.

(this adds a whole new dimension to the quest for quality.....some might taste better without the full terpene profile, anything's possible, I suppose)

First the body high hits, but not couch lock....more like a relaxed, but energizing feeling. This would be great before a yoga class or a long hike.

The head buzz comes on about 10 minutes later....very happy, great mood elevator with good concentration.

This is some really fine pot! It was grown in pure perlite, with OC+ as the sole nutrient.

I'll try some tomorrow night out of a clean bong and see what happens then.

I am very happy to grow this next time around!

------------------------------------------------------
Update:

All is well in the garden. The colas are swelling up really well.

I'm alternating warm and cold nights, 2 or 3 at a time, and keeping the humidity down.

Probably chop the PPP in a week.

Look great Doc. I have The Void and Agent orange from subcool on the way. I also made about 8 cubic ft of his soil recipe which is cooking in a compost tumbler. I loved the hempy style of growing but I must say, nothing beats good old organic soil.

Look great Doc. I have The Void and Agent orange from subcool on the way. I also made about 8 cubic ft of his soil recipe which is cooking in a compost tumbler. I loved the hempy style of growing but I must say, nothing beats good old organic soil.

Yup, that's why i made the switch.

Did you use the whole 8 bags of soil? Which brand?

I may copy his recipe one of these days. I watched his video, and he admits that scientifically he has no idea why it works....but it grows really excellent meds. I'm trying to use a bit more science in my aproach, but I look forward to comparing to his mix.

Where is SubCools soil recipe and this video ?

There's a thread here on Subcool's super soil I came across that has the video in it... Not sure if this is the same one Doc is talking about though.

super soil

Back
Top Bottom