Double H & MarsHydro Sponsored Journal: Perseverance

Love the pics too! :)

Beautiful pics HH. Did you steal Amy's camera? ;)
Thanks gents! I tried a new, high skill technique that VG told me about long ago.... I turned the light down. :laughtwo:

And if anyone is wondering, yes I did remember to turn it back up again afterwards - lol, at least this time. :cheesygrinsmiley:

Hi again lovelies, it’s been a few days, so I got some more trich pics of the mandarin cream xl so we can check on her progress. Without further ado:
01273DE6-BFA8-4854-B9CB-80664A8E69C5.jpeg
CA092F08-4E47-4671-ABBD-AD1AED9A244A.jpeg
D367A59A-27EB-4561-B5FD-EAFFDA791AFE.jpeg
0944738D-17DB-426B-87D1-EADFD8FC5E70.jpeg
6CCBB29D-B7F8-4755-9316-F44555DA32F7.jpeg
2C959D80-D994-4F51-AFED-083FABB8E7D1.jpeg
Still some half cloudies, and also some patches of amber popping up here and there. I am positive now that she’s slowed her drinking, and Stardawg actually has too. Her fade seems to be progressing too? I see her too often to be sure, but it seems like it! I think her day will come very soon. :yummy:
2852D9CC-E1FA-4D8C-9059-47B5F6557FE7.jpeg
9604A780-7C5F-4A6C-813F-A9395300F1E2.jpeg
Still a little bit of new white pistils, but not as many as Stardawg!
CF58FA3E-687E-4CAD-BB4B-60CF9C9D0573.jpeg
Ugh, she’s a bit hard to look at, I know. But she’s starting to foxtail with those fresh white pistils at her cola tops. Breeder time said flowering for 8-9 weeks, and she’s been in bloom for 8 weeks today.

I need to figure out where I’m going to hang these ladies to dry! The dominoes are about to start falling.

Last up is northern lights, plugging along. Her pistils are starting to senesce so that’s always fun! Some yellow leaves sprinkled throughout, so I’m not sure what that’s about? Maybe I need to boost the N somehow?
A29CD5D8-8FB0-4CF5-967C-176E37A08013.jpeg

That’s the progression so far. Hopefully by the next update, harvesting will be starting! I hope you’re all doing well and thanks for tagging along with my little perseverance journey! :love:

anyone who just judges sativa and indica from looking at the leaves in flower would never believe that's an NL. :)
:laughtwo: How funny!! I never even thought about that, but you’re so right! Some skinny, plentiful foliage there! Now I’m even more curious how she’ll turn out.:bong:

I see her too often to be sure, but it seems like it! I think her day will come very soon. :yummy:
I agree that your Mandarin is getting close, but not quite there yet. Maybe another week?
Some yellow leaves sprinkled throughout, so I’m not sure what that’s about? Maybe I need to boost the N somehow?
It does look a little hungry. When I see that on my late-blooming plants, I just give them a feeding or two of veg nutes. Seems to help for my plants.

Almost home, HH and looking Heavenly! :Rasta:

Beautiful autos, HH ! My next plant is going to be an NL auto- I hope it does half as well as yours...
Ugh, she’s a bit hard to look at, I know.
Remember... the ugly weed gets you just as high as the pretty weed... ;)

I agree that your Mandarin is getting close, but not quite there yet. Maybe another week?

It does look a little hungry. When I see that on my late-blooming plants, I just give them a feeding or two of veg nutes. Seems to help for my plants.
Ok, I’m waiting... impatiently, foot tappingly, waiting. ;)
That’s a good idea with theveg nutes. I gave her a feed of MC, maybe I’ll switch back and try your idea.
Almost home, HH and looking Heavenly! :Rasta:
Final stretch GDB! :Rasta:
Beautiful autos, HH ! My next plant is going to be an NL auto- I hope it does half as well as yours...

Remember... the ugly weed gets you just as high as the pretty weed... ;)
Thanks carcass, I’m sure your NL will be busting out of that box! Lol, I must admit I am looking forward to clipping off those crusty little leaves. She will be pretty once more! :laughtwo:

Hey again everyone! I got a new battery for my little clicker-picture-taker, so I thought I’d keep up the trich monitoring on mandarin cream xl, and a couple beauty shots for fun.

248C4E69-069C-4BAC-8C46-39686041A4B4.jpeg
550D5A8C-A88C-485D-870B-142DE4C1524B.jpeg
9FC05E9D-36BF-4395-AFF8-D108CAE9600B.jpeg
B73BC40D-3E91-47E1-9343-7F916E7B6154.jpeg
3C1DA02C-CDCA-4842-9A55-AE03FEAA779C.jpeg
So pretty
16FE55C5-D1C6-4FD2-B898-C615F72604C8.jpeg
748E31DB-473A-401F-AAD5-C57692106116.jpeg
and now... not so pretty.
23EFB0A3-595C-45ED-BBA7-D085A9294405.jpeg
Lol, I feel like she’s giving me the finger for burning up her leaves so bad! :laughtwo:
24C01635-31E4-4321-9AE7-D3A3D979CB35.jpeg
And northern lights, still so long to go with her tall spears.
EC56F450-A7F7-4F44-91D0-887B14ED97FE.jpeg

That’s all for now folks! Hope all is well and your gardens are green! :love:

Hey again everyone! I got a new battery for my little clicker-picture-taker, so I thought I’d keep up the trich monitoring on mandarin cream xl, and a couple beauty shots for fun.

248C4E69-069C-4BAC-8C46-39686041A4B4.jpeg
550D5A8C-A88C-485D-870B-142DE4C1524B.jpeg
9FC05E9D-36BF-4395-AFF8-D108CAE9600B.jpeg
B73BC40D-3E91-47E1-9343-7F916E7B6154.jpeg
3C1DA02C-CDCA-4842-9A55-AE03FEAA779C.jpeg
So pretty
16FE55C5-D1C6-4FD2-B898-C615F72604C8.jpeg
748E31DB-473A-401F-AAD5-C57692106116.jpeg
and now... not so pretty.
23EFB0A3-595C-45ED-BBA7-D085A9294405.jpeg
Lol, I feel like she’s giving me the finger for burning up her leaves so bad! :laughtwo:
24C01635-31E4-4321-9AE7-D3A3D979CB35.jpeg
EC56F450-A7F7-4F44-91D0-887B14ED97FE.jpeg

That’s all for now folks! Hope all is well and your gardens are green! :love:
In my humble opinion I’d say you will finish strong. Plants in natural settings always have some battle scars. Things happen.

Just for me learning I’d say 5 days on the trichs? Scold away. Haha.

NTH

Not much amber there, and still some clear trichs -she's got a ways to go- sometimes they seem to take a looonnng time to amber up under led's..
I'm really digging the look of that Northern Lights!

(all the plants, actually, but the NL is my favorite :cheesygrinsmiley: )

In my humble opinion I’d say you will finish strong. Plants in natural settings always have some battle scars. Things happen.

Just for me learning I’d say 5 days on the trichs? Scold away. Haha.

NTH
Thats a good point NTH. I know the smoke will be great, I just feel bad for what I did to her! I did the same thing with a bubble gum I grew a while ago. I smoke it every night and forgot all about how bad her leaves were, until just now. Just got to get her across the finish line :high-five:
Not much amber there, and still some clear trichs -she's got a ways to go- sometimes they seem to take a looonnng time to amber up under led's..
I'm really digging the look of that Northern Lights!

(all the plants, actually, but the NL is my favorite :cheesygrinsmiley: )
I hear you, I’ve just been thinking about the way van stank judged his plants to be finished, and it was when they slow down drinking and fade. I should look up his old posts and double check if I’m even remembering right!

Was your NL seed a freebie? ;) ;) I’m curious to sprout another, just to see if the leaves and structure look the same. Now that Shed pointed out her sativa look, I can’t stop thinking about it. :laughtwo:

Was your NL seed a freebie?
It was...from Dope Seeds...
I was going thru my "inventory" and realized that everything I've got is "mostly sativa", so I need to get some indica in there, mainly for my personal stash- the sons all dig sativa, but me- not so much...
Maybe the skinny leaves are a
ruderalis thing...:hmmmm:

I thought I’d keep up the trich monitoring on mandarin cream xl,
You're really close, but I think a few more days might be better. She's a beautiful plant!

The Northern Lights (photo period) that I grew a couple seasons ago also had really tall spears.
I’m curious to sprout another, just to see if the leaves and structure look the same. Now that Shed pointed out her sativa look, I can’t stop thinking about it. :laughtwo:
I had to go back to my NL from 2019 to compare the leaves. Even though mine had similar shape (not the typical fat indica leaves), it was not quite as sativa-looking as yours is. Might be the auto genetics in play. I've got one more NL photo seed and three NL auto seeds in my inventory. I'm almost out of my NL stash so most likely NL will be in my next rotation - one of my favorite smokes to date.

It was...from Dope Seeds...
I was going thru my "inventory" and realized that everything I've got is "mostly sativa", so I need to get some indica in there, mainly for my personal stash- the sons all dig sativa, but me- not so much...
Maybe the skinny leaves are a
ruderalis thing...:hmmmm:
Nice! I think I have some northern lights from dope too. Maybe it’s og kush? I’ll have to look again! I’m an indica girl for sure. I’m really picky about sativas, because of my anxiety really. Sour tangie is my new fave with Jack Herer in second.
You're really close, but I think a few more days might be better. She's a beautiful plant!

The Northern Lights (photo period) that I grew a couple seasons ago also had really tall spears.

I had to go back to my NL from 2019 to compare the leaves. Even though mine had similar shape (not the typical fat indica leaves), it was not quite as sativa-looking as yours is. Might be the auto genetics in play. I've got one more NL photo seed and three NL auto seeds in my inventory. I'm almost out of my NL stash so most likely NL will be in my next rotation - one of my favorite smokes to date.
Thanks Beez, I’m waiting. I imagine they’ll all start being ready when I’m low on energy. :laughtwo:

How curious! I don’t mind if she ends up being more of a sativa leaning pheno though, I didn’t plan my grow all that well and it’s pretty much all indicas. Lol, I just picked all the things that sounded good. Amnesia is my only sativa of all my tents I think.

I promised carcass I would move this to my own journal instead of clogging his up, so here we are!
Hang on double H, we're talking about outside plants!
I know it! And I also remember Beez’s lab results shocker. I’m referring to this
If they're no longer drinking, they're done.
This is what Van Stank harvested his by as well, and mandarin stopped drinking nearly a week ago. I’m going to look at trichs again today and see what’s happening.

Back
Top Bottom