Double H & MarsHydro Sponsored Journal: Perseverance

I’ve upped the MC to 4.65g/gallon and she’s still unhappy
I know you've already switched, but I would think for an auto in flower you would be at least at 5g.
I think she’s got some real potential here.
Boy howdy!
she’s persevered after growing only one regular node at the beginning!
Indeedee-do. :thumb:
The light is up to about 65% power now, I’m wondering if I should turn it up more yet? Northern lights is just starting to build her budlets, maybe I’ll hold off a bit longer?
Turn it up! You have two in full flower looking for more light, so I don't think the NL should be holding them back. :)

Beautiful girls there, HH!
I'm with Shed on the light- they're all ready for you to crank it up to 11...:cheesygrinsmiley:

You could probably give them a day or 2 at 90%, although I don't think 100% would do any harm from here on in- they look like they're ready for it ...
I turned mine all the way up when I saw the first pistils, and she seemed to like it ;)

Hi all! I cranked the intensity all the way up on the SP3000 and as of now they’re all switched over to the general organics nutrients. Seems I’ve been behind with the MC feedings, but the general organics is a bit more straightforward, so hopefully they’ll be set from here on without much more damage to their leaves.

17F2A213-01E9-43B7-9321-046F609D82E1.jpeg
66804026-F27F-4DC2-BFDD-00AABA0B943F.jpeg
Stardawg
98AD9840-1DFC-48C1-AC38-7AD07E0DFA99.jpeg
Northern lights
033D1270-02C9-443A-8A63-C27EB11A7904.jpeg
mandarin cream xl
7978F124-1D4D-4631-AD9D-D3075AD0013D.jpeg
I noticed a bit of damage showing on a couple of leaves on the xl
78DE1C69-D1FE-4D16-B784-AF05C5AF8E30.jpeg

I’m hoping the new nutes will help put a stop to this quick! :eek: Maybe I should give them a little extra calmag on the next feed, since I’ve been dialing up the light intensity?

Just a short and sweet update today. I hope you’re all doing well and gardens are green! :ciao:

They look great, HH!
I'd give the XL a little shot of calmag- even if it doesn't help, it won't hurt anything.
I think it'll probably help though...

Lookin good! I think after a couple of feeds with the new nutes they will be loving life! I’m with Carcass a little bit of Cal Mag definitely couldn’t hurt.

Your tent is looking splendid! I am really impressed with the Mandarin Cream, considering how she started out. :thumb:

They look great, HH!
I'd give the XL a little shot of calmag- even if it doesn't help, it won't hurt anything.
I think it'll probably help though...
I think it’ll help too. I think they’re due for a feeding today, so I’ll be sure to add an extra dash.
Lookin good! I think after a couple of feeds with the new nutes they will be loving life! I’m with Carcass a little bit of Cal Mag definitely couldn’t hurt.
Thanks N! Gotta get rid of that rust!! I think that’ll be good too.
New nutes, more light, a bit of cal-mag, and they're ready to bust out of there! :thumb:
I hope so, things are looking promising to me. :)
Your tent is looking splendid! I am really impressed with the Mandarin Cream, considering how she started out. :thumb:
Thanks Beez! I am pleasantly surprised. To think I considered chucking her and starting another! What a waste it would’ve been.

Hi again grow buddies! I am getting concerned for my ladies. They sure have had a lot to persevere and it’s still happening! Maybe I’m just not being patient enough?

Either way, here they are
0A24038E-F68E-40B6-9DE3-C85D38CE1A49.jpeg

My biggest problem child at the moment
Stardawg :(
9070B18E-FAF0-40E9-8734-3C76C6B3F210.jpeg
EA48635A-9DF2-4A75-9EFE-236F4E482C96.jpeg
D815B611-0BCE-4348-A246-9E4E4ECA78FF.jpeg
They’ve only had two feeds with the new nutes, so maybe I’m just being impatient? It seemed like these spots on the upper leaves happened almost overnight. I gave them a feed today that had an extra dash of the blooming and calmag nutes. Poor thing!! :eek:

My only happy girl in here
Northern lights
03CA1264-3ACA-4A0C-97F8-E46E6ED6C67D.jpeg

My medium happy girl
mandarin cream xl
C877A211-F219-4C71-9802-81407357BC50.jpeg
She’s got some rust spots that have gotten just a little bit worse. She’s just had one feed with the new nutes so far (I think?)
98565F66-C3B3-4A6C-A60B-BD8BFAA27E04.jpeg
This is one of the worst leaves on this girl
27AC8C8B-99BD-4A35-BD62-731B70D857DE.jpeg

Shoot! I meant to get some bud pics for mandarin, I’m impressed with how she’s stacking up so far. I’ll be sure to get the pics next time. I guess I was more focused on getting these girls some help this time, so I appreciate any opinions, even if it’s just to wait and see.

Hope all is well with you and that your gardens are green. (Greener than mine anyhow!) :laughtwo:

Oof! Stardawg looks like a plain calcium deficiency, but the orange tips on the Mandarin look like there might be a potassium issue as well. Of course, if they had this going on before the nute switch then it can take a couple of waterings to stop it in its tracks.

Are you following some sort of instruction to decide how much veg, bloom, and cal-mag to add? A "dash" seems pretty loosey goosey! I know you've used these nutes successfully before though.

I think Shed has you on the right track on the road to recovery!

I’m just thinking out loud, but I wonder if the light might be a bit to intense for the girls and that’s the reason the Ca deficiency is showing up.

Oof! Stardawg looks like a plain calcium deficiency, but the orange tips on the Mandarin look like there might be a potassium issue as well. Of course, if they had this going on before the nute switch then it can take a couple of waterings to stop it in its tracks.

Are you following some sort of instruction to decide how much veg, bloom, and cal-mag to add? A "dash" seems pretty loosey goosey! I know you've used these nutes successfully before though.
Thanks Shed, I guess I’m a loosey goosey type of girl! Lol! I have this guideline that I’ve been following
E018145D-1411-4E73-AE77-F4FAF61338B9.jpeg
I have been using these measurements for the 4x4 tent so far as well, and two of the four seem like they’re still hungry, so it’s not a perfect system. So when I say “a dash” more, I’d guesstimate I used 11-12 ml/gallon of the bloom and 6-7ml/gallon of cal-mag. Not too loosey with my goosey I hope! :laughtwo: I’ve been ph-ing just to cover the bases, in case my promix is old. But the chart says, in tiny writing at the bottom, that it’s not needed and the source for this chart says it can be used in soil, soilless and coco. So it seems like what I’m giving should be on track? Unless I’m missing something? Ugh, it is frustrating, I did want to do well for my first sponsor. I’m hoping I can get them turned around.

Would you suggest a flush n feed? Keep watch?

I think Shed has you on the right track on the road to recovery!

I’m just thinking out loud, but I wonder if the light might be a bit to intense for the girls and that’s the reason the Ca deficiency is showing up.
Thanks N! I did dial the intensity down a bit when I saw the spotting. I think its dialed down to 75% now.

I’d guesstimate I used 11-12 ml/gallon of the bloom and 6-7ml/gallon of cal-mag
That's over the max on the chart for both, but like I said, you're using this with success elsewhere! I don't think flushing it is necessary unless you think there are old nutes in there messing it up. That said, it couldn't hurt.

Since it was showing signs of that before, I don't think it's the new nutes, but I wouldn't overcompensate with the new nutes unless that has worked for you before.

@Heavenly Hybrid

I think it has to do with the light as well. Especially after watching a vid on it.

It says that that light has exceptionally high par and is arguably too strong for a 2x4 space.

I sent you a link to the vid in our chat.

@Heavenly Hybrid

I think it has to do with the light as well. Especially after watching a vid on it.

It says that that light has exceptionally high par and is arguably too strong for a 2x4 space.

I sent you a link to the vid in our chat.
Thank you for that! :kisstwo: You just saved me a lot of frustrations, I would’ve kept chasing my tail with the nutes. I checked and it wasn’t turned down as much as I thought, so I did dial it down to 75. Hopefully we’ll be on the right track now.

This is going to sound self-serving, but I suspected the light all along. The leaves of the Mandarin especially look like they're a little light-burned. There may be something else going on too (maybe overdoing the nutes) but the light is playing a role. :Rasta:

Hello all! Excuse my absence around here lately, I’ve had a visitor for the last week and it’s been busy around here. Luckily I was able to keep up with the plants and after I lowered the power to 75%, they are persevering!

Mandarin cream xl and Stardawg will be 9 weeks old tomorrow. Northern lights is a week behind, so crossing the 8 week mark... getting closer!
2DDCFC97-9B75-44CE-8E76-F8EDB2F525E4.jpeg
A little banged up, but still doin their thang.
42B84071-DFA8-4BB7-848A-98CFD1541B18.jpeg
Some are a lot banged up, but still plugging along. What a resilient plant.
Stardawg
29246399-0E97-4045-898B-CAE0D920E164.jpeg
Northern lights
34AEA639-1EAE-4213-8828-3F0CE912A94A.jpeg
mandarin cream xl
A9823CE0-BCB5-40EA-8AFB-4D9E048A4071.jpeg
I remembered to get some bud pics this time!
BECECE3E-D5C6-422F-9B69-A110F204DE06.jpeg
800D8E7A-A94F-4EEB-8D19-1636326D20CA.jpeg
Since I’m at it, here’s northern lights, looking thirsty. She should probably grab a drink at a diner, drive in or dive.
B8A55AE5-2EAB-4ED5-9BAD-A74EE4945E69.jpeg
And poor ol Stardawg. I’ll have to grow this one again soon, just to actually see how she could do without so many owies.
05764901-DF85-4645-8447-8B36A3B2ECF9.jpeg

I figured these ladies would finish around the end of July, so the finish line is in sight.

Hope all is well with you and your gardens are green :green_heart:

Back
Top Bottom