Double H: Second Grow With MarsHydro, SP3000 Over Three Autos

Hey there all! I’m back with a post-harvest update for OG Kush and mandarin cream xl.
OG got a bit over-dried, and mandarin was still a little too wet, so the weights will change a tad, but here we go!

OG kush
5AAE3802-C261-4BA0-B4B7-E1ED41766238.jpeg
Wow, that pic is impossible to see on here! Lol, it says 40g, so 1.4 oz. It’s pretty close to what I expected. The buds were a little looser than I’d hoped, but I’m so happy she made it through.
AE771FA5-72FB-42A4-89D6-89BB13BC5C4B.jpeg

Mandarin cream xl
913B7B30-C642-40FD-9319-1160E1EDCF98.jpeg
Dang, this one is no good too! :laughtwo: It says 94g, so 3.3 oz. I don’t know how much it will change once it hits the right rh, but about 3 oz is a happy number! :)
641FE950-4C0C-484C-AEB0-2C7760E60586.jpeg

My snips got gummed up real good a few times trimming this girl. I can’t wait to give it a try!

Jack Herer will be coming down soon, her drinking seems to be slowing. Since she’s such a fox-tailed weirdo, that’ll be my cue.

That’s it for now, I hope you’re all doing well and enjoying the arrival of Spring!
Oh my! Did you taste it yet? Looks yummy!

Oh my! Did you taste it yet? Looks yummy!
You are reading my mind Stone! I’m making a post on the perpetual journal and then I’ll come back here for the final update.

Hello everyone! It’s a little later than I intended, but I’m back to attempt a review for Mandarin Cream XL, Jack Herer, and OG Kush.

Mandarin Cream XL
This is one that I have grown once before. I really liked it and Mr. H was smoking it all up! So it was a no-brainer to grow another. This second one is similar, but different to the first. Buds were nice and dense, with nice red hairs, but she does make me really choke sometimes (harshness). It’s very fragrant, an easy one to identify, even without reading the label. It does have a hint of the mandarin scent, but mostly this one smells like dank. I’m not so good at placing scents, and dank is the best I could come up with! :laughtwo:

The high is fairly similar to the first grow. It’s an energetic buzz, goofy/silly, but also chill. Nice for the daytime for sure, because doesn’t put me on the couch for the rest of the day, I can still get stuff done, which is important to me. I often lean towards the indicas to help my anxiety, but it doesn’t help me accomplish the things I need to. So this is a great hybrid for me.
4A6346F3-8BB0-4B05-A2DA-A0C430BA94DA.jpeg

Jack Herer
I was really excited to have this again, it’s been a steady favorite for me for a while and I’ve grown it 3 or 4 times before this. As you may remember, this time she had crazy foxtails. This is the first time I’ve truly dealt with foxtails… I’m not a fan. :D Her buds a fluffy, some of them kinda larfy. I really pack a big bud in there and it condenses into a nice bowl. Smoking it is smooth, so that’s nice. I’d say the buds have been in the jar for just over a month, but it still hasn’t quite mellowed enough for me. It’s semi-racy, and the initial smoking is fine for me, but it seems like as it tapers off, my anxiety increases/spikes. Because of this, I still haven’t smoked a lot.

The smell of the buds is really sweet, like candy, sweeter than previous times I grew it. I do believe the foxtails had new (or clear) trichomes developing, even after she was “ripe” since it just kept popping out new growth (bracts? calyxes? Lol, I need Amy) Anyhow, I think that is where the raciness comes from, so I do hope that after a little while longer, it will mellow enough for me to just enjoy. Mr. H hasn’t smoked much of this one yet, so no input there.
4584EBC8-A31D-454A-890C-D1E4DD0E7B90.jpeg

OG Kush
One of my top faves! Another strain I have grown a handful of times and I can regularly count on to treat me right. :) While the grow itself was pretty rough, she has produced the best product (imo) of the three. Buds are fairly dense and sticky. The smell is amazing - maybe my favorite part. It’s fruity, very blackberry-ish, plus dank. This girl was my most successful dry, maybe ever, and the result is quite noice. Very smooth to smoke. Good high, relaxing, very happy and chill. The only qualm I have is that it doesn’t make me sleepy. Sleepiness is one of the main reasons OG Kush is at the top of my favorites list, so that’s a bit of a bummer. But it’s popular regardless. Mr. H was plowing through it quite quickly, and since it was only about 1.5 oz total, I’ve been holding some back. And I’m glad I did! I saved about half an oz in a separate “storage jar,” and I’ve been just adding a few buds at a time to the “smoking jar”. If I don’t parcel it out, the whole lot would be gone! Lol, so if that isn’t a ringing endorsement from Mr. H, I don’t know what is.
96A5F596-F3A5-4BAE-9A0E-8E8FB6EF166D.jpeg

Well folks, I’m not great at the smoke reports, but I gave it my best. Thank you once again to all of you that have gone through this journey with me, and helped me troubleshoot along the way. And an extra special thank you to @Mars Hydro for making this possible, with their sponsored SP3000 powerhouse. :Namaste:

I think those are excellent smoke reports but I guess everything is relative. :cheesygrinsmiley:

I'm getting a very sweet scent from my JH now that I don't remember from the mother, but it sounds like those foxtail trichomes on the bracts (thanks Amy!) are the reason for your racy reaction. Try leaving some buds in the sun for a few days (the OGK too) and see if that doesn't mellow your response.

:welldone:

Well folks, I’m not great at the smoke reports,
You're a lot better at it than some of us...:thumb:
and by some of us, I mean me..:)

Thank you for the smoke reports, HH!

I think those are excellent smoke reports but I guess everything is relative. :cheesygrinsmiley:

I'm getting a very sweet scent from my JH now that I don't remember from the mother, but it sounds like those foxtail trichomes on the bracts (thanks Amy!) are the reason for your racy reaction. Try leaving some buds in the sun for a few days (the OGK too) and see if that doesn't mellow your response.

:welldone:
Thanks Amy/Shed!! I’ll do that as soon as we get sun again. Lol, it’s a rainy week in the PNW, surprise, surprise. :thedoubletake:

You're a lot better at it than some of us...:thumb:
and by some of us, I mean me..:)

Thank you for the smoke reports, HH!
Thank you for that, you and Shed both. Smoke reports are hard, especially with guys like Professor around! :laughtwo:

Thanks for your smoke reports HH! Nice to see and read.
Thank you Stunger. All of you are so kind. :love:

Hello everyone! It’s a little later than I intended, but I’m back to attempt a review for Mandarin Cream XL, Jack Herer, and OG Kush.

Mandarin Cream XL
This is one that I have grown once before. I really liked it and Mr. H was smoking it all up! So it was a no-brainer to grow another. This second one is similar, but different to the first. Buds were nice and dense, with nice red hairs, but she does make me really choke sometimes (harshness). It’s very fragrant, an easy one to identify, even without reading the label. It does have a hint of the mandarin scent, but mostly this one smells like dank. I’m not so good at placing scents, and dank is the best I could come up with! :laughtwo:

The high is fairly similar to the first grow. It’s an energetic buzz, goofy/silly, but also chill. Nice for the daytime for sure, because doesn’t put me on the couch for the rest of the day, I can still get stuff done, which is important to me. I often lean towards the indicas to help my anxiety, but it doesn’t help me accomplish the things I need to. So this is a great hybrid for me.
4A6346F3-8BB0-4B05-A2DA-A0C430BA94DA.jpeg

Jack Herer
I was really excited to have this again, it’s been a steady favorite for me for a while and I’ve grown it 3 or 4 times before this. As you may remember, this time she had crazy foxtails. This is the first time I’ve truly dealt with foxtails… I’m not a fan. :D Her buds a fluffy, some of them kinda larfy. I really pack a big bud in there and it condenses into a nice bowl. Smoking it is smooth, so that’s nice. I’d say the buds have been in the jar for just over a month, but it still hasn’t quite mellowed enough for me. It’s semi-racy, and the initial smoking is fine for me, but it seems like as it tapers off, my anxiety increases/spikes. Because of this, I still haven’t smoked a lot.

The smell of the buds is really sweet, like candy, sweeter than previous times I grew it. I do believe the foxtails had new (or clear) trichomes developing, even after she was “ripe” since it just kept popping out new growth (bracts? calyxes? Lol, I need Amy) Anyhow, I think that is where the raciness comes from, so I do hope that after a little while longer, it will mellow enough for me to just enjoy. Mr. H hasn’t smoked much of this one yet, so no input there.
4584EBC8-A31D-454A-890C-D1E4DD0E7B90.jpeg

OG Kush
One of my top faves! Another strain I have grown a handful of times and I can regularly count on to treat me right. :) While the grow itself was pretty rough, she has produced the best product (imo) of the three. Buds are fairly dense and sticky. The smell is amazing - maybe my favorite part. It’s fruity, very blackberry-ish, plus dank. This girl was my most successful dry, maybe ever, and the result is quite noice. Very smooth to smoke. Good high, relaxing, very happy and chill. The only qualm I have is that it doesn’t make me sleepy. Sleepiness is one of the main reasons OG Kush is at the top of my favorites list, so that’s a bit of a bummer. But it’s popular regardless. Mr. H was plowing through it quite quickly, and since it was only about 1.5 oz total, I’ve been holding some back. And I’m glad I did! I saved about half an oz in a separate “storage jar,” and I’ve been just adding a few buds at a time to the “smoking jar”. If I don’t parcel it out, the whole lot would be gone! Lol, so if that isn’t a ringing endorsement from Mr. H, I don’t know what is.
96A5F596-F3A5-4BAE-9A0E-8E8FB6EF166D.jpeg

Well folks, I’m not great at the smoke reports, but I gave it my best. Thank you once again to all of you that have gone through this journey with me, and helped me troubleshoot along the way. And an extra special thank you to @Mars Hydro for making this possible, with their sponsored SP3000 powerhouse. :Namaste:
That's It! I have to get some Mandarin Cream going! It sounds so right!
Thanks for the smoke reports!

Nice reports, HH. You're much better at it than you give yourself credit for!

YUM! :yummy:

That's It! I have to get some Mandarin Cream going! It sounds so right!
Thanks for the smoke reports!
Lol, it is a good one! It’s by Sweet seeds, so that and DDA are some pretty fantastic strains by them. I may need to get a couple more from their collection too. Thank you Stone. :love:
Nice reports, HH. You're much better at it than you give yourself credit for!

YUM! :yummy:
Aww, shucks GDB, thank you. I appreciate it a lot. :hug:

Back
Top Bottom