Double H & MarsHydro Sponsored Journal: Perseverance

Hi again my grower type friends! I have finally gotten northern lights ready for harvest! I had planned to do it two days ago, but… it didn’t happen. She sat in the dark for two days, hopefully with no ill effects. She looked good to me, whilst removing her fans. And with no further ado…….

Ready for a haircut
0D606A5D-798C-42AF-BA0D-56CCFD3E36FC.jpeg
And the big reveal!! Sans fans
475F3516-7006-4293-B1DB-2E7976D3C60A.jpeg
Saugaview
E8D73D1C-E3E0-4F63-A185-5D8837D1EAAF.jpeg
Timber!!
83D7C052-613C-40C3-A57E-4C2E82AA76C8.jpeg
I was pleasantly surprised by her show and tell. I think this will be my biggest auto yet (at least for a little while). This light has done her very well! @Mars Hydro a huge thank you for the opportunity to see what the sp3000 can do! I can’t wait for the next round with it, and when I do, I’ll be sure to post a new journal link here.

That’s the last girl down for this journal! After she dries, I’ll be sure to post all the final weights and some smoke reports. Thanks for keeping me company for this grow! I really appreciate the support you all have given me :love:
Beautiful work!

NTH

Congrats on another great harvest, HH! Have you had Northern Lights before? I've used it for anxiety tamping in the past.

Thank you everyone! I’m very excited for northern lights. I had grown a photo NL before, but the buds ended up having mold or something, so I only smoked a little (before I discovered it.) I did make some oil from the trim of that and critical mass and I loved those capsules. I’m hoping for a similar love from this one too. :D

Sometimes I like to do combo bowls, I have a good amount of Afghani still and I think that combined with the NL will be niiiiice. :) also
NL + OG. Experimenting should be lots of fun :bong:

Congrats HH! Those NL buds are beautifully chunky. :welldone:

Hi all! Excuse my absence, I’ve been recovering and enjoying my break from too many (for me) plants!

I lost a bit of steam through the harvesting process, and the truth is, I haven’t been cleaning up my buds after they dry for the last few plants. Included on that list is the Northern Lights I harvested in this journal. But I’ve got final weights, regardless!

A quick recap - I grew a Mandarin Cream XL from Sweet Seeds, Stardawg from Fast Buds, and Nothern Lights from some seed man. They were grown in promix HP, with a switch around of nutrients - veg was mc and bloom was general organics. Through my first trial with it, I didn’t realize how powerful this @Mars Hydro sp3000 was, and I had them turned up a bit too strong just after flip, particularly for Stardawg. Since Stardawg and Mandarin Cream XL were among the first I harvested, I did their trim properly. Sorry NL, Mama went lazy!
The results:
Mandarin Cream XL - this girl was split into two drying methods, about 1.25oz in the fridge for low and slow, and the rest weighed in at 76g (2.7oz).
Stardawg - poor thing did pretty well considering. That one came in at 84g (3oz on the button!)
Northern Lights - this is the only one from this tent that didn’t get properly cleaned up. I did take quite a few sugar leaves at the same time as clipping off the fans. They all yellowed so much by the finish. I bagged it up and weighed it (no clean up) so take from it what you will. Northern Lights
93282C9F-E3D2-4627-B481-E30D761EA12B.jpeg
0E33959A-4511-426D-AA3B-DDAC81817EFD.jpeg
Now, I don’t know how much the trim probably weighs, so any guesstimations are welcome, but this is most definitely my biggest auto ever! I think before this round, my biggest was somewhere around 3-3.5oz, so a couple of these girls outpaced my previous autos, but it’s NL with an absolute take over of first place.

I will have to come back with some smoke reports later, my throat has been bothering me for the last week or so. But I will, as soon as I can! The only buds I tried of these, so far, were pretty freshly harvested, so that doesn’t count! ;)

That’s it for the most funnest part of the whole journal, weigh in! I hope you’re all doing well, and staying safe please!

Congrats on all the harvests, and your biggest auto ever!:thumb:
Can't wait to see what you do next...till then, enjoy your time off!

Congrats on your harvest and on growing your biggest auto! I hope your throat feels better soon so you can give us some smoke reports. I'm especially interested in your Mandarin Cream and Stardawg reports as they are 2 strains I've been looking at. :battingeyelashes:

Congrats on all the harvests, and your biggest auto ever!:thumb:
Can't wait to see what you do next...till then, enjoy your time off!
Thanks carcass! I know I’ll kick myself later, for not doing a proper weight, but… ćest la vie.
Beautiful bag o pot! It'll be nice to hear about the smoke reports!
Thanks Stone! She’s got a lot of red hairs - more than I’ve ever grown myself before. I’ll take some bud pics to show, but this baby was NOT going in the trim bag!
Congrats on your harvest and on growing your biggest auto! I hope your throat feels better soon so you can give us some smoke reports. I'm especially interested in your Mandarin Cream and Stardawg reports as they are 2 strains I've been looking at. :battingeyelashes:
Thanks HG, it’s been so annoying to not smoke. I have capsules, but it’s certainly not the same! I do remember the tester bud I took of the CMXL and it was nice and relaxing. Lol, I know it’s not a lot to go on, but it’s a start! It smells really nice too. I have the low and slow buds in a jar and it has a deep, mandarin, musk. The smell reminds me of back in the day, when you’d get a bag of gooood buds. Kinda dank. Anyhow, more descriptions to come. :)

Do you smoke a joint or do you use a water pipe, for example? I use a water pipe and still find it too harsh so I cover the mouthpiece with a piece of tissue covering it and smoke through that and it works pretty good.

:love: :love: :love: :love: :love: So glad to see you here HH. NOICE job on all of your harvests! You deserve a break. :p BTW - have you seen the BBA @Carcass is growing? Me next! Blue and Black… :cheesygrinsmiley:
What VG said! :laughtwo:

Do you smoke a joint or do you use a water pipe, for example? I use a water pipe and still find it too harsh so I cover the mouthpiece with a piece of tissue covering it and smoke through that and it works pretty good.
We have a small bong and that’s the primary thing. Thanks for the suggestion, I’ll give the tissue a try! We also have a vape unit, I should probably start using that more often.
:love: :love: :love: :love: :love: So glad to see you here HH. NOICE job on all of your harvests! You deserve a break. :p BTW - have you seen the BBA @Carcass is growing? Me next! Blue and Black… :cheesygrinsmiley:
Thanks Boo, I haven’t seen it for a while now. I’m terribly behind everywhere. I’ll make my way and check it out. :)
What VG said! :laughtwo:
Whaa? :hmmmm: I’m a bit stoned, and I need help. :laughtwo:

Back
Top Bottom