Dr Bob Comes Home With Fruit Punch & Lemonista Aid - So Please Don't Be Critical

I'm still loving that lemon kush. It just looks the business, and who doesn't love some lemon dank.

Great job Bob!

Lovin that lemon kush man

Me too! She is really bulking up and the price on those seeds was a great deal. We shall see on the taste but I am hoping that it will become a regular easy grower.

:high-five:
Bob

I'm still loving that lemon kush. It just looks the business, and who doesn't love some lemon dank.

Great job Bob!

Thanks! I know I do. Lemon is a favorite flavor of mine. Out of 8 plants right now, 3 are lemony. When life gives you lemon flavored cannabis, you make lemon oil!

:circle-of-love:
Bob

I never even heard of the Matsu Resort. Somehow that isn't bringing up the most resort like images in my mind and I am a valley guy myself. I know of 2 in Anchorage right now. Haven't been to either though. One is called Pot Luck and the other is the Cannabis Club that has been on the news.

Like you said though, who needs a club when my vape is steaming in the corner?

:Namaste:
Bob

Ah found your current grow and hope you don't mind me in for the ride....
I did a Critical Kush Outdoors this year. As a matter she really was going to be a joke to see how big a tree I could grow,,,, after seeing I had height issues' prior, indoors, from it's mother. I figure she's never come in bye the 1st of Oct, but we got lucky and had up to the 7th or 8th. Funny what a week does outside. But She turned out to earn number 2 spot from out there, after a Liberty Haze. I think my outdoor girl outdid the indoor on this one. ALOT of popcorn frosty nuggets off her. 1 1/2 lbs off a 10'. I feel it was just mother natures HID in the sky that made her a better quality, then her indoor mother was. Nice grow ya got growing Bob. Keepem Green

Ah found your current grow and hope you don't mind me in for the ride....
I did a Critical Kush Outdoors this year. As a matter she really was going to be a joke to see how big a tree I could grow,,,, after seeing I had height issues' prior, indoors, from it's mother. I figure she's never come in bye the 1st of Oct, but we got lucky and had up to the 7th or 8th. Funny what a week does outside. But She turned out to earn number 2 spot from out there, after a Liberty Haze. I think my outdoor girl outdid the indoor on this one. ALOT of popcorn frosty nuggets off her. 1 1/2 lbs off a 10'. I feel it was just mother natures HID in the sky that made her a better quality, then her indoor mother was. Nice grow ya got growing Bob. Keepem Green

Fantastic! Glad you found the place and you are most :welcome:

I may actually say that the Critical Kush is the strongest vegging plant I have grown so far in my setup. My wife was amazed at how she looks so early on. Easily 3 times the size of the Lemonista and more than that on the Fruit Punches. After hearing your success with it I am really excited to see how she does. I may just have to secure more of these beans. Thanks for stopping by!

Bob

You need a bit of compost... Azomite... And a few other things in there Doc but I have a kick azz recipe using promix.... PJ soil mix.... And I just add water and grow the best I've ever smoked and it's organic... Let me know if you're interested....:circle-of-love:

Bob, I don't typically reuse my soil for cannabis since I have loads of other container plants that love the used dirt. The LOS snobs scorn me for that, and because I don't mess with ACTs (bubbling buckets of futility) or their other (usually potassium heavy) sprouted seed juices and voodoo concoctions. I don't ever throw the dirt away, but that doesn't seem to deflect the poo-pooing and derisive glances in my direction... When I harvest I get excited that I can do things like root prune an agastache that was in a five gallon pot, divide it, and make two 7 gallon agastches. Perennials do really well in the used dirt for a couple years without feeding.

That said, if I was going to reuse the soil for mj I would just add some Yum Yum to the mixes, and perhaps a scosh of high P guano to the flowering mix. There are plenty of minerals left over after even a couple of runs, I'm sure. Keep in mind that like most LOS soils you see here it is a peat based mix. Peat fibers are great because they don't break down quickly but they do break down. The fibers break down into a very fine dust that fills the pockets of aeration amendments like perlite or lava rock and limit O2 in the soil. Simply adding more aeration amendment to the soil doesn't cut it because the peat dust just fills in those gaps, too. That's why many avid container gardeners like things such as Al's Gritty Mix for perennials in containers.

I would guess the soil is good for about three runs before peat decomposition will begin to negatively affect performance. Just recharge it with about 1/4 cup per gallon of Yum-Yum for the veg and flower soil and a TB per gallon for baby dirt.

I find it so sweet that PeeJay thinks we think poorly of him because he doesn't garden like we do. :laughtwo: PeeJay, you couldn't be further from the truth. We have the greatest respect for your soil mix and your obvious skills. Haven't you proven your worth and the worth of your soil mix beyond anyone's reproach? Some of us prefer the soil we have, that's already churning out exemplary produce.

I was reading through, determined to stay quiet until I got to page 9, ahhhh......

As I was reading, and you kept asking about soil recipes I kept yelling out "Dennise, where's Dennise?" :laughtwo: It was PeeJay's soil I was set to step forward with, but I knew in my heart Dennise would get there first. Thank you Dennise. :circle-of-love: You chose well Dr. Bob. My wonderful recipe works well as a no-till and I noticed PeeJay has finally graced us with some pointers on reusing his soil mix. Thanks for that PeeJay.

That Yum Yum is marvelous stuff, eh? I bought that when I was planning on using PeeJay's mix, right before I found LOS and lost my heart to the worms. Hahaha! I use it as a top dress once a cycle and include it in my base mix. Love the stuff. I have enough for two lifetimes at the rate I'm going.

It's almost eerie how similar you and DankWolf sound. It must be an Alaskan thing. I like your style, I mean a lot. Mind if I ride along? I still have three pages to catch up on, so let me jump back.

Oh yeah, that peat decomp problem? I'm not seeing that in my pots yet. The oldest pot is four cycles in and the soil isn't suffering at all from what I can tell. I'm thinking possibly having a thriving worm population in the pots might be having some effects we're not taking into consideration and the careful and continuous amending of the soil is simply building better and better soil. It's a possibility we should consider, PeeJay, that so many successful cultivators may know what we're doing, growing in LOS.

Dr. Bob, forgive my lequatious nature. I'll try to stay more current and not let PeeJay pull my hair from the other side of the back seat. We really do love each other very much. Don't let the jabs fool you. It was a colder place around here when he was absent. I get the feeling your friends felt the same way when you slipped into the shadows.

Don't do that again, ok? You brighten up this corner of Alaska right nice. :battingeyelashes: :love:

Agreed!.. When hes here! :blalol:

Hope youre enjoying your time down south:byebye:

Oh look out the Dr is back in the fog! It was cold today. Go back again next week though. Racking up the miles. OH boy.

Bob

I was reading through, determined to stay quiet until I got to page 9, ahhhh......

As I was reading, and you kept asking about soil recipes I kept yelling out "Dennise, where's Dennise?" :laughtwo: It was PeeJay's soil I was set to step forward with, but I knew in my heart Dennise would get there first. Thank you Dennise. :circle-of-love: You chose well Dr. Bob. ...

Thank you so much for coming by the garden! Just made chocolate chip cookies. MMM. Belly full.

You are so right about this soil. Dennise came in and gave me just what I needed and Pee Jay showed up to dial it in. This soil is so perfect. Stable, drains, smells incredible and the girls just love it. It saved two of my plants and has made one look like it wants to head in big directions.

The plans for my pro mix will be to cycle it into the beds outside after a few uses inside. I will be running big autos out in the 24 hour sunlight this summer and it will be a perfect time to dig giant holes and toss in some augmented reused soil.

Let the pics do the talking. They are so green and glossy!
FruitPunch_2_2_12-6.JPG

This is Fruit Punch #2 finally branching. She is in a fish hook shape now and will spiral around over time.

One more
FruitPunch_2_12-6.JPG

Fruit Punch #1 doing some branching now as well.
FruitPunch_1_12-6.JPG

Lemonista
Lemonista_12-6.JPG

And finally the Critical Kush!
KriticalKush12-6.JPG

So no question this soil rocks, not to mention Canna's Canna Sacks (felt pots), this is turning into my favorite grow quickly. It would be an honor to have you hang out!

Bob

Thank you for that gracious welcome. Your plants obviously love the soil. I'm certain it grows high brix plants in its sleep. So easy to grow in too. I came so close to him. :laughtwo: I actually had my orders all made out and ready to hit "send" when I met COorganics. I figured I was meant for LOS, but I love watching gardens all through the site thrive in this mix. Now I get to watch yours too. :battingeyelashes:

They do indeed love it, dark in rich they are:thumb:

Thanks buddy. I sent a PM regarding possibly collecting some moose poop for ya. If you wonder if we have any you should see our Christmas Tree. It has moose poop ornamants that were painted and a hanger added. Thats what you do when you live in Denali National Park for years.

Looks good Dr. B :thumb:

Hey there! I know how busy you are so thanks for coming by. :thanks:

That's the kind of green we all love Bob. I can almost smell the lemon, and it's not that cheap bottled crap in the fridge!

:thumb:

Forget that bottled crap I agree. I pulled a bud from each of my plants last week and the Lemon Kush was nice and citrusy. When I get home tonight we may be in for a chop! Just in time for Christmas nug. I love green at Christmas!

glad you like your setup and plants look great :high-five:

It sure took me a long time to get off my duff and and do it better and now I wonder why I waited so long. I haven't seen them now in a week or so and I can't wait to see how they grew. I couldn't have done it without all the great growers on this site that I have been watching like yourself. Never content just to let it go. Always looking to do it better.

Sorry I have been outta the :420: this week. Gotta make the money to pay the electric bills and be able to order new seeds right? Tonight I get back sometime in the god awful middle of the night but tomorrow I will finally update. We may even have a harvest to have some fun with.

I love bud pics! Maybe I can even enter one in the BOTM just to say I did.

Much love to all my friends!
Bob

Thats what you do when you live in Denali National Park for years
..:skeptical: :drool:
Are we talking kashwinta? Kantwishna? (one pf those weird alaskan names i cant remember..) Im jealous.. So very! I spent every weekend of my 1st summer inside the park.

Back
Top Bottom