Dr. Seeds' Granddaddy Purple: Coco Grow In Mars Hydro Tent Under TSW-2000

And a trichome shot:

full

GDP #1 Trichomes

It looks like another week or two before she's ready for harvest.

Sing out, if you think my problem lies elsewhere!
I agree that it looks like a Ca def. Bumping the pH up was the right thing to do and just wait and see. You're a couple of weeks away from the sounds of it so may it not be worth changing a bunch of things at this point.

I agree that it looks like a Ca def. Bumping the pH up was the right thing to do and just wait and see. You're a couple of weeks away from the sounds of it so may it not be worth changing a bunch of things at this point.

I agree. Still, this is the time to prepare for my next grow. I hope to avoid it then. There's always a learning curve whenever we change things. Changing nutrient lines is a major change for me.

Changing nutrient lines is a major change for me.
Pretty much for everyone OS. You know as well that people get in comfort zones and we don't like to venture outside of that. It'll take a couple of grows to understand exactly what has changed for you and make the adaption but for the most part the GLN calc is pretty good and 6.5g is the ultimate target.

I'm surprised I had so few problems with my first Mega Crop grow.
That is another great thing about MC. It's very forgiving for new and seasoned growers alike. You already knew what the plants want, it was a matter of finding out how much and how often they need the MC, so the transition for you was easier for the most part. :goodjob:

Your Gdp's are looking great OS! Mine turned purple overnight one day. See if i can find the pic. But smoking wise definitely one of my all time favorites. Mine came out of a different outfit and did see some come in with the green pheno. (2 other growers) Let me figure out what day in they purped up. Looking good under the tsw's in flower. Was looking at Budgets stuff awhile back and there qb's at 299 is a steal. Built my own 260 watt came in around 275.(hlg) And they are owned by veterans so double win

Subbed and watching from the back.
Another MC grow. I’m gonna look into it and maybe do a megacrop grow In the near future.

Keep em green old salt:yummy:
Curious about Mc to. Some guys here crunched the numbers. @20 bucks a run for mc or 380 for most everything else. That's in 50 gal rdwc.

Curious about Mc to. Some guys here crunched the numbers. @20 bucks a run for mc or 380 for most everything else. That's in 50 gal rdwc.

I used jacks with a couple add ons and it worked beautifully. I’m guessing it would Be similar to jacks. Stuff was so stable in a Rez too which I really liked.

These these three plants have consumed about 1Kg Mega Crop since they were seedlings. They did have a long veg time. They are drinking about 50% more than they did with General Hydroponics' Flora Trio & supplements, at a cost less than their Flora Bloom would have cost (about $25 CDN).

Flowering, 140 Days after Germination

Note:
Click on any image to view it full size.

full

Front View of the Tents

full

Granddaddy Purple #1 Day 55 of 12/12
_______________________________________________________________​

full

Granddaddy Purple #2 Day 48 of 12/12

full

Granddaddy Purple #3 Day 55 of 12/12
_______________________________________________________________​

full

GDP #3 Trichomes

Harvest draws near, as can be seen with the trichomes on GDP #3. Tomorrow when the lights go out I'll disconnect them and let the plant enjoy 48 hrs of darkness before I cut it and GDP#1 down.

GDP #2 entered flower later and still has a week or two to go. The leaves are curling or tacoing at the top, indicating it's too close to the light. It's too late to do anything at this point, so I'll just let it go. It's late, but I'll do a major defoliation on her in the near future. She's been grown as an ornamental to date, and it's time for her to produce what she can.

The fungus gnats are gone, or at least well under control. Very few adults have been caught by the yellow sticky traps during the past few days.

The remaining parts for the automatic watering upgrade are on their way. There's a filter, accumulator (mini pressure tank) and a normally closed electric valve on their way. I'll do a write up on this as I have time available.

Back
Top Bottom