Ed's 1st Tent Grow: Wappa Twisted Sisters

you could adjust the ph to 6.5 but i know foxfarm potting mix you don't have to ph prior to feeding.
if you were using coco or growing hydroponic style then you would ph
Sorry, I stand corrected. Appears with organics the pH can be that low. Was shocked to hear that. But if Emilya says so ... I believe it. She knows her organics for sure.

Thanks @Buds Buddy , I see that.

@Emilya 's knowledge is bit like that episode in the Star Trek TV series where Spock's brain nearly overloads with a download of knowledge from an alien, higher intelligence....

Or, drinking from a firehose ...

Much appreciated and trying to absorb like a sponge

Sorry, I stand corrected. Appears with organics the pH can be that low. Was shocked to hear that. But if Emilya says so ... I believe it. She knows her organics for sure.
LOL!

:reading420magazine: Been reading like a maniac, it's got me to thinking. Not exactly researching yet, just thinking (after a smoke naturally). When exactly is day 1 for a plant? The day it's dropped to germ? The day it germs? The day you sink it in soil? The day it sprouts? Other?

Monday was 35 days since The Wappa Sisters were dropped to germ, today 35 days since they were sunk in the soil, and the day after tomorrow when they first sprouted their pretty little heads.

Let's say we're roughly 35 days in :cheesygrinsmiley:

:thumb:
I also made some adjustments to the trellis (now 12 inches over plants, and lowered the light 2 inches to 18 inches over the plants. I'd like to call it a hunch, or a direct communication from the Ladies but I probably picked it up in one of the many threads I've been reading. :reading420magazine:

Winterrose (3) seemed to enjoy swapping spots with Winona (1) but I hope she likes the lower light even more. 10-20 more days of veg growth? Seems like a lot.

You know I start counting after the seedling stage, which is about 2 weeks or so after they sprout. Then starts the vegetation stage, that's when I start my count. Let them veg. 4 to 6 weeks, then flip.

They look great ed. Lowering the light will keep those nodes nice and close together for some tighter buds. Of course the 4W's will tell you if they're getting to warm :oops: from the light. The nice thing I've seen so far about LED's is less heat, so moving the light closer won't damage the tops like a HPS lamp.

AzLaker
:cool:

I think veg day is when you notice 2nd set of branch from main stem.

I always count day 1 from the first day you see the cotyledons sprout
I guess that's the correct way of saying it. cuz i still screwed up by saying 2nd set of branches lol

Can you deal with the most vital matters
by letting events take their course?
Can you step back from you own mind

and thus understand all things?

Giving birth and nourishing,
having without possessing,
acting with no expectations,
leading and not trying to control:
this is the supreme virtue. - Lao Tzu Stoner

In contrast to the world outside, the world inside the tent is serene and content today. I count 12 shoots now over the trellis. :cheesygrinsmiley: Methinks moving the light down is pleasing the Ladies.

:cheesygrinsmiley: Watering Day :cheesygrinsmiley:

I could tell yesterday watering day was soon approaching by the weight of the pots. This morning, Wilhelmina had just started to droop a bit. I prepared our morning carbon augmentation unit, reconfirmed pH in the water and commenced our ritual. Just enough to top flood her and wait. Augment carbon, wait, whisper sweet nothings, wait some more, and repeat until she is leaving just a dribble in her catch plate. She's thirsty. I notice she's consumed almost half of what would previously feed the whole lot.

Onto sweet wee Wynnifred. She has some catching up to do. She's been the lightest drinker in the lot, but today she was also very thirsty. She is lightening up faster now, which I hope means more root growth, which I hope translates into catching up with her sisters! Come on Wynnie, you can do it!

Next we move onto Winterrose. She likes her new spot a lot and is well on her way to catching up with Wilhelmina and Winona. Also a thirsty girl! I notice now that Wilhelmina is already starting to stand tall, and by the time Winterrose is finished my water pot is empty. :cheesygrinsmiley: we are happy. :cheesygrinsmiley: Consuming more water is a good thing.

Last but never least we come to Wonderful Winona. She's made no complaints about her new digs, and now also drinks up about twice what she's been doing. Va bene mi Amore. Mo roots, mo roots! By the time Winona is finished, Wilhelmina is fully recovered. :cheesygrinsmiley: we are happy :cheesygrinsmiley:

:ganjamon:Carbon augmentation continues. :rolleyes: Oops. Winona's plate has some run off she's not sucking back up. I commence operation In Search Of Turkey Baster. Thankfully one is in my kitchen utensil drawer. It takes about 5 'sucks' to get it right. Thank you Turkey Baster.

Now I make sure my humidifier is full and go on to install the second curtain rod for the front trellis support. Yeah, that's right, nice and taught now. :cheesygrinsmiley:

2 more tops over the trellis :cheesygrinsmiley: making 14 so far. Lights out in about 4 hours. Hoping the girls have a night full of root growth followed by a good day of growth.

After clearing out some under and over growth, I noticed a damaged leaf. I carefully examined it and all the others for any signs of pests, damage or eggs. Nothing. I am thinking this leaf got bound on one of the LSTs, but I hope that's not just wishful thinking.
11 05 2020 Leaf.JPG

:cheesygrinsmiley: I'm so proud of Wynnifred, she's caught up to Wilhelmina in our thirsty contest. First time.

Trellis filling in nicely now with 8 of 32 spaces vacant. Everyone but wee Wynnie is up and over the trellis. She is real close now and well positioned to begin reaching over. Looking forward to the next couple of days.

Winona and Winterrose are light but not light enough. Hasta manana muchachas :cheesygrinsmiley:
:ganjamon:

:cheesygrinsmiley: Pistils have begun appearing on everyone :cheesygrinsmiley:

The spreadsheet says it's only day 43. I wasn't expecting flowering to start for 11 days.

I am curious for everyone's perspective on when to flip to 12/12. In the past, I did so as soon as pistils appeared, but I don't want to spoil a project by rushing it's conclusion.

Thanks!

on photoperiods you flip the light when you want to go into flower mode.
On autos you flip the light when they go into flower.

Back
Top Bottom