Emmie's 6 Plant, True Living Organic, LED Grow Journal

it is composted cow manure.. look for Black Kow
Sure have. Hey, the Steer Manure you use, is that a blend from a bag? Or is it straight steer manure? I see a lot of it for sale in my local area that is a steer manure blend which consists of steer manure and compost. Should I keep an eye out for just straight steer manure?

:thumb:
" Follow the green brick road to success" ?!
Right now I am working on ways to monetize my online experience into the real world emerging cannabis market. Someone out here has a need for a fairly decent gardener and would like to put me in the profit sharing program. I already have my Craig's list ad out, looking. The book is more of a way to pay forward what this community has given to me and my family and I certainly don't expect to get rich on it. If you could have seen the life my dad and aunt were living before they found RSO and vaping... you would understand why I do what I do.

An interesting observation in the tent today. The girls are annoying me. We are now a ridiculous amount of time since transplanting and although a couple of them are starting to feel pretty light, the others are still several days behind, while keeping with my usual standard.
Rules are meant to be broken, they say, and I justify that with the caveat that its OK to break a rule if you have a good reason to do so.
Every plant in the room is now showing tip burn... not bad, but its there. But I don't usually see this with the homebrew nutes and teas that I give, so what is this telling me?
It has taken some time for the roots in the transplanted rootball to find their way to the bottom and then figure out what to do with the composted manure and supersoil layers down there. In this 10 days the top has mostly dried out by now and those top roots are no longer able to do a lot of seeking, while the bottom roots are still trying to fill in the gap to the bottom through the super soil and compost... so it has been a little bit of a challenge and as a result, the roots are now sending a signal up to the top that some toes are burning.
So tonight, I am going to water the room with my new high vegging tea, and this will get all of the containers synced a little closer to each other. I am also postulating that the roots both top and bottom will continue to spread out after this watering and be able to uptake much more water. The tea is timed for just this moment and will provide a fresh batch of microlife that will be able to specialize in the various hot zones of nutrients in the container. As we begin the transition to flower, we also begin a transition into new rules for watering.

A couple more thoughts as I wrap things up here tonight and get ready for bed. I have been watering for the last 4 hours, taking my time to get as much of the AACT into the plants as possible. The room took a little over 2 gallons of liquid before starting to show a little trickle of runoff. I expect over the next couple of weeks to see that number drastically increase. All through this next wet/dry cycle and through stretch, I will water from the edges, trying to enhance the lateral root growth and trying to figure out what the daily intake of water is. As of this watering, each plant took 1/3 of a gallon. This 1/3 gallon per plant lasted 11 days in this last wet/dry cycle and I expect that time to halve on this next cycle where it will take 6 days to be light again. This means that each plant is using almost a cup of water a day. During stretch, I expect the wet/dry cycle to go to 3 days, and I imagine that soon the roots will be able to drink 100% more water per day than they are now and I further predict that this number will steadily increase until mid flower when each plant should be able to drink that 1/3 gallon each day.
One of the other clues that went into convincing me to water a little early this time was that droop that I showed you a couple of days ago in the two plants that were transplanted a day earlier than the rest. This morning, that same lackadaisical limp leafed look was seen all throughout the tent. It was obvious that even though there was still a bit of moisture weight still left in the dense lower layers of soil and compost, the roots were not able to get to it yet. The droop was showing me that the water table that was easily accessible before, now was hard to get to by the still developing lower roots. It is still possible to keep going for the dry as the sahara feel as we do all through veg, waiting till the container is light as a feather before watering, and that would have happened sometime in the next week, but at what cost in a living soil garden? The cost at this point is the microlife that has now become much more important than every before. The time is quickly passing for building the roots, and it is about time to start using those roots to make flowers. Right now, as we start turning the corner into the bloom phase, it is imperative to keep alive a very healthy microherd that is now specializing in breaking down the bloom nutes that will soon be needed, therefore it is important now to keep the rootball at least moist, and I want to get to at least an every other day watering cycle so I can force as much water as I can into the system. The more water I can get them to drink, the bigger, tighter and juicier my buds will become.

Hiya Emilya,

I just finished reading through your watering a potted plant (something like that) journal. It is the best instructional on watering, as many others have stated. I have to admit, I needed this teiterated a few times like you did, just to get past my bull-headedness, thinking I'm doing okay. I'm guessing many more don't pay close enough attention to all the details of watering that would benefit the stash later. I know I'm one, and I grow in the house in the spring to get ladies for soil come June. Well, thank you for such a well-written journal.

I do have a question - When uppotting from solo cup to 1 gal, do you wet the soil in the 1 gal pot as much water as it can hold after recieving the solo cup transplant? I'm guessing so. Just trying to make sure.

I thought of one item to put in an instructional for outdoor watering technique. When watering, only water deeply around leaf line, and some under the lady to moisten lightly the feeder roots. I also use at least 2 inches mulch all over the soil to keep water below surface.

You do well to put up with us asking so many questions, and never at a loss for an answer. Thanks, again.
:Namaste:

I do have a question - When uppotting from solo cup to 1 gal, do you wet the soil in the 1 gal pot as much water as it can hold after recieving the solo cup transplant? I'm guessing so. Just trying to make sure.

I thought of one item to put in an instructional for outdoor watering technique. When watering, only water deeply around leaf line, and some under the lady to moisten lightly the feeder roots. I also use at least 2 inches mulch all over the soil to keep water below surface.
Hi Bode! I love all the questions.. it means that people are thinking about what I have said. :)
Yes, anytime I transplant I do completely saturate the resulting larger container of soil and old rootball. This technique is known as "merging the soils" and especially when you build containers with layers and spike zone like I do, this merging is quite necessary so as to allow the microherd access to all the layers and levels of the medium.
I like your watering outdoors comment too... it is important to remember that outside in an unrestricted grow area, the roots take on roughly the same shape as the plant above, so it makes no sense to water outside of that shadow.

DSCF6797.JPG
DSCF6796.JPG

As predicted, water use in the tent is off the scale. The moisture meter shows that the water table has dropped almost to the bottom on the two larger plants and more than half way on even the smallest. The roots were ready to explode into stretch!
Upon reaching the goal of the second watering, tonight is the night. I have reprogrammed the timer and we now are on a 12/12 cycle. The first day of switch is tomorrow, actual flower will start in approximately 7 days. The lights have been raised a few inches and the bloom switches have been turned on. Here we go!

it is at the point of budset... that point somewhere between 5-10 days from now, when the green growth tips turn into flower buttons and start throwing out pistils. That for me is the first day of flower, and figuring from that point, the breeder's recommendations for the length of time of flower appear to be most accurate.

Just last night I was trying to make the decision as to which plants, if any, that I was going to take some clones of for my next run. Today, I received a package in the mailbox from my friend in Germany, the famous breeder @santero, and my decision as to what to run next round has been made.
Thank you very much San for the chance to try out your newest project, Berry D-Licious! This new breeder's line will be the highlight of my next grow journal, a cross between Shishkaberry x Sour Diesel. He also included some other goodies that will keep me in new seeds for the next several rounds, his Lemon Bubba, a 1993 BK mom x Lemon Thai, and Killer Cookies, a cross between GSC Forum clone x Killer Queen.
Emmie is over the moon today! Thanks again and a huge tip of the hat to @santero, one of the premier breeders in the modern world!
DSCF6800.JPG

Just last night I was trying to make the decision as to which plants, if any, that I was going to take some clones of for my next run. Today, I received a package in the mailbox from my friend in Germany, the famous breeder @santero, and my decision as to what to run next round has been made.
Thank you very much San for the chance to try out your newest project, Berry D-Licious! This new breeder's line will be the highlight of my next grow journal, a cross between Shishkaberry x Sour Diesel. He also included some other goodies that will keep me in new seeds for the next several rounds, his Lemon Bubba, a 1993 BK mom x Lemon Thai, and Killer Cookies, a cross between GSC Forum clone x Killer Queen.
Emmie is over the moon today! Thanks again and a huge tip of the hat to @santero, one of the premier breeders in the modern world!
DSCF6800.JPG
Super :thumb:
You did well last time around :)
If you have time, join my new adventures...
See first link in my signature :yahoo:

Back
Top Bottom