Emmie's 6 Plant, True Living Organic, LED Grow Journal

The book is still in process, and eventually you will see some of the same talks I give in this forum in print. Never fear @AngryBird and @mouser, when that day comes you will be among the first to know. The working title is: Auntie Em's Guide to Indoor Cannabis Gardening... but already I am getting push back from my adviser... too Wizard of Oz'ish. Everyone's a critic! :)
Wow That would truley be amazing to have all the information you know in a book with categories and all haha can't wait.still trying to learn more about layers and spikes for sure

still in rough draft Fanleaf... but you have already seen parts of it if you have seen me talk about a column of water setting the pH of the container... the science behind the water table and the wet/dry cycle and many other things that I am known to pontificate on. I have been writing this thing for years, thanks to all of you who put up with my nonsense. :)
I have a few books from alleged masters and find most of the information in them isn't directed to me or our style growing. Being relatable is a gift. Add good tech writing and here we are. Can't wait.

I'm sure there will be many photos, I'm looking forward to illustrations.....like those bore hole or oil well pic's you see in science journals etc, these would show Em's way of watering and the nute spikes and different layers in the containers.
Just my 2 cents worth........
Emmie's gonna get a lotta requests for autographed 1st editions, be worth the cost of a bucket full of seeds in years to come.
Then the bookshop tours....the breakfast TV..address to Congress...Campaign Trail..Election....heh-heh.

Alright, it is 3:13am and I couldn't sleep because I had an important task to do. We all just got notified who won the Mars light contest, and congratulations go out to Dutchman1990! I won a runner up prize too!

But, sleep is eluding me... I have a flower tent to get ready to go and I need some more light.

I have been watching these new name lights, and all marketing hype aside, here is what I have just purchased. I got 2 of these so to be sure that there is going to be abundant LED light in this tent and between the two LED arrays I will be running a total of 600w of actual power from the wall.
Each light is as follows:
Specifications:
LEDs Watt:3000W​
LED Chip: 370pcs main LEDs , 8pcs UVA LEDs, 6pcs assisted LEDs
LEDs Beam Angle: 120 degree​
Main LED Chip Spectrum: 410nm-800nm full spectrum​
Main LED Chip Peak Wavelength: 450nm and 660nm​
UVA LEDs Spectrum: 380nm-405nm​
Assisted LED Chip Spectrum: 500nm-700nm​
Assisted LED Chip Peak Wavelength: 550nm​
Power Consumption:3A120VAC/1.5A240VAC
Input power: 100-240VAC 50/60Hz​
Power Factor: >0.9​
Light total photon flux: 480 μmol/S​
Light PPF(efficiency): 1.60μmol/J​
Light Spectrum: 380nm~800nm full spectrum including 450nm/660nm/730nm
Light Blue-Purple/Orange-Red Rate at Vegetative : 1:4​
Light Blue-Purple/Orange-Red Rate at Flower : 1:6​
Light Mounting Height: 5-12in above canopy​
Light PPFD (μmol/ m²/s ) (stage: h=mounting height A=canopy coverage ):​
320 μmol/m²/s (Vegetative: h=20in A=4X4ft)​
500 μmol /m²/s (Flower: h=20in A=3X3ft)

Each light will draw about 360w and will be the light equivalent of about 700W of HID. Two of them in the 2.5x4 tent will be overkill as one would probably be sufficient. These two lights will provide full coverage of every corner of the tent with no shadows and there should be full penetration of the canopy. This will be a true comparison of LED vs HID, watt for watt... Is LED superior? We are going to find out.

The best thing about this... I have bought 600w Hortilux bulbs that were more expensive than these lights!

The lights will show up on Jan 2 and they promise to make it an interesting 2019 around here!
Happy New Year!
Be well everyone!
Em
Hiya Dankman! Just itching to flip the 12/12 switch... but still waiting on the roots to establish in the new containers. Slight tip burning showing on several of the plants in the room now, so I know they have found the bottom composted steer manure layer. One more wet/dry cycle and we head to flower, and then we really see what these new LEDs are capable of.

I want to wish you a lot of success !! If you get a decent yield with these lights, I will believe you're a magician !! And Ebay will be selling these things, like faster than they can be made. Prices will quadruple !! You got them looking very healthy at this point !! And I did get my soil cooking yesterday. Hope I didn't over water it ? (ie about 1gal water, to every 10 gal of soil, i notice water droplets are forming on the lids. Got them setting in a nice warm spot. I had to UN-stack them as i was afraid the bottom one , was gonna get crushed. :surf:

I want to wish you a lot of success !! If you get a decent yield with these lights, I will believe you're a magician !! And Ebay will be selling these things, like faster than they can be made. Prices will quadruple !! You got them looking very healthy at this point !! And I did get my soil cooking yesterday. Hope I didn't over water it ? (ie about 1gal water, to every 10 gal of soil, i notice water droplets are forming on the lids. Got them setting in a nice warm spot. I had to UN-stack them as i was afraid the bottom one , was gonna get crushed. :surf:
be sure to stir often!

15481316539833485037796464539856.jpg

Mine has had water droplets forming since I made it and put it in my basement

15481316539833485037796464539856.jpg

Mine has had water droplets forming since I made it and put it in my basement

That’s a good thing. I have bins in my basement and they typically always have moisture condensation on the lid. There is life in the soil and it’s doing its thing.

I want to wish you a lot of success !! If you get a decent yield with these lights, I will believe you're a magician !
I am interested to see what Emilya pulls off these lights in harvest. Tried to go super soil when i started up here last year and couldn't find everything to cook it down here in the dead of winter last year and the girls looked a bit sad lol.

Went into coco(girls looking better now) and now hempy a bit but want to go organic soil next year. Was just a bit overwhelmed in soil last year. Why i am lurking.

I was reading your stuff back then and made the egg shell supplement for them but they limped in looking weary regardless.:laugh:
Finalloy had to come out of the grow closet and ask for help, Was uber paranoid about posting here.
Glad you joined us... and glad it has helped. Regarding posting, there is a risk, true. But, where would this world be without the pioneers, the risk takers, the doers? If the world really worked like it did on NCIS, we would all be in trouble... but it doesn't. I used to help run a forum like this one, and trust me... we would rather have destroyed our hard drives than give any detail of our user base to anyone. You are pretty safe unless you come right out and ID yourself... and that would be silly.

Glad you joined us... and glad it has helped. Regarding posting, there is a risk, true. But, where would this world be without the pioneers, the risk takers, the doers? If the world really worked like it did on NCIS, we would all be in trouble... but it doesn't. I used to help run a forum like this one, and trust me... we would rather have destroyed our hard drives than give any detail of our user base to anyone. You are pretty safe unless you come right out and ID yourself... and that would be silly.
Lucky me everyone in Canada gets 4 plants per home :)

Back
Top Bottom