Emmie's 6 Plant, True Living Organic, LED Grow Journal

Hiya Emmie,

That's really impressive, just 4 days. Is that with the in-between (vegging and flowering, I can't remember what it's called) supplement? I haven't studied it enough to remember what it's called. Sorry.
I can't wait to try the lactobacillus serum and the other three beneficial microorganisms. Thank you for your hard work. Cheers
Not sure what you are referring to there, maybe Doc's cationic drench? On the next watering I am going to continue experimenting in that area with a calcium and silicon rich watering... but I still haven't quite put my finger on what is needed here yet. I am thinking that adding the banana juice with its rich potassium load is going to help here too.
Anyway, I have not given them anything other than water and some calmag on this last watering.. the rapid budset has to be accredited to the lights.

Sorry to bring it up. Cho's Global Natural Farming post by Kismet. That is where I must've read it. He broke down a plant's life into 3 parts. veg, flower, and the interim period in between. Kinda like DocBud does, yeah, with the cationic drench. I thought you had something like that. I'm just getting started on all this, so please forgive me for not expressing myself adequately. Maybe I'm getting too old, lol.

Sorry to bring it up. Cho's Global Natural Farming post by Kismet. That is where I must've read it. He broke down a plant's life into 3 parts. veg, flower, and the interim period in between. Kinda like DocBud does, yeah, with the cationic drench. I thought you had something like that. I'm just getting started on all this, so please forgive me for not expressing myself adequately. Maybe I'm getting too old, lol.
No, I thought that was where you were going, and I have been puzzling over his magic concoction for years trying to figure out just from the name and what it claims to accomplish, what is in it. Its not like I want to interfere with what Doc is doing at all... I just want to understand the science behind it. Doc has it all pre-made and mixed up and probably has things in it that I have not even considered, and once I can get my head around what is happening, I will most likely be buying his product... my side by side proved that something indeed does happen at budset when you raise the cation level, and it makes sense to me that this allows the soil to hold more calcium. That is my working theory, and the work on this grow will help to validate the hypothesis.
As far as Cho... I go even further, and can identify 9 distinct stages of our weeds... 10 if you count what males do. :peace:

What I was getting at, Cho has a homemade nutrient mix for the space of time between vegging and flowering. I don't mean to keep mentioning his work. But it was something addressing the interim (1 week before - 2 weeks after) flipping the switch).
In Doc's Cationic Drench, he said there was some NH4, fish ferts, sulphates, and phosphate. I wrote it down when I read through his journals. He was concerned about the electrical charges between veg and flower. (NH4, and NO3 being the main change). He may have changed all that, now. They used to wait until day 21 after flip or longer.

What I was getting at, Cho has a homemade nutrient mix for the space of time between vegging and flowering. I don't mean to keep mentioning his work. But it was something addressing the interim (1 week before - 2 weeks after) flipping the switch).
In Doc's Cationic Drench, he said there was some NH4, fish ferts, sulphates, and phosphate. I wrote it down when I read through his journals. He was concerned about the electrical charges between veg and flower. (NH4, and NO3 being the main change). He may have changed all that, now. They used to wait until day 21 after flip or longer.
Very interesting... I am convinced that something is definitely needed as we make this switch, and maybe what Doc is doing is in addition to that from the sounds of it. Someday we are all going to figure this stuff out. :)

My next move will be to transition all my clones from coco to LOS. I only have two gal. pots, so I'll be transplanting from one gal bags of coco, to two gal. plastic nursery pots of LOS. I'm picking up a bag of COM Stonington blend, tomorrow. Your advise to get two gal of roots in one month?

My next move will be to transition all my clones from coco to LOS. I only have two gal. pots, so I'll be transplanting from one gal bags of coco, to two gal. plastic nursery pots of LOS. I'm picking up a bag of COM Stonington blend, tomorrow. Your advise to get two gal of roots in one month?
I also have to buy some material, but may have to wait till next month. I didn't plan on having to make teas, and all those items add up !! But If that's what is necessary, to make my garden perform at peak, then so be it !!

Morning ms.Emilya I got started on your " how to water a plant correctly " and find it mind blowing that you have worked out to such increments per say. Fell asleep while reading but I'll pick up where I left off this evening..

I've also skirted round Docs product and info and as you mention there's not a lot out there that he gives away but that is just way above my knowledge/understanding in regards to growing canna.

I've been growing outside this season as in the ground is more forgiving for me at the moment also not having a dedicated indoor area to grow in but I hope to remedy that before winters onslaught begins but hey ho the Merry ho let the day begin......:thanks:

I also have to buy some material, but may have to wait till next month. I didn't plan on having to make teas, and all those items add up !! But If that's what is necessary, to make my garden perform at peak, then so be it !!
Most of those purchases are going to last you over a year though... think of it as amount of cost per grow, and without having to buy nutes your cost per bag will really start to plummet.

Here is Wappa, the oldest of the group at 54 days:

DSCF6783.JPG
DSCF6782xf.png
The book is still in process, and eventually you will see some of the same talks I give in this forum in print. Never fear @AngryBird and @mouser, when that day comes you will be among the first to know. The working title is: Auntie Em's Guide to Indoor Cannabis Gardening... but already I am getting push back from my adviser... too Wizard of Oz'ish. Everyone's a critic! :)

I'd appreciate a copy too! :circle-of-love:

Most of those purchases are going to last you over a year though... think of it as amount of cost per grow, and without having to buy nutes your cost per bag will really start to plummet.
Yes Cease Emilya, I realize that, but living on a fixed income sucks sometimes !! I'll piece it together.

Thank you !! Now I'll wait till this brick is thawed out. Came out of a barn. I figure about a days thawing, no rush. But I'd like to get the coco clones into an organic atmosphere as soon as possible. These are about 1 month old clones, so I'm not expecting any problems introducing them to organics. Don't have any other soil, so I'm going with straight COM Stonington blend, platinum.

Hi Em, just catching up. Looking good in there and I’m loving all your experimenting :D

FWIW - nothing special happens at flip to flower in a grow with Doc Buds High Brix kit. Just is best if it coincides with the Transplant Drench the products that soothes and promotes roots (among other things). The Cationic Drench is applied at budset, which I’ve seen referred to as time a lot later than what you measure it as - it’s after all the budsites have established, so after stretch even. The Cat Drench, all going according to plan, stimulates resin production- sometimes overnight.

There is actually a heap of info around this site on what Doc is doing and my best advice to anyone who is really keen to understand it would be to trawl through his old journals. It’s a great read ;). (I was guided by them in my DIY organic/mineralised soil grow to good success before I took the plunge.) that said, there’s still a lot I don’t understand and some of that is experience - most of it tho is because Doc and some of the other high Brix growers understand the details of soil chemistry and of high Brix farming. So, Doc has actually been very forthcoming about what’s in the kit - just not all in one spot and not over and over again ;). I’ll try to dig up some of the posts I’ve saved over the last few years ...

Agent M's Guide to Dankness :)

I like that one. Subtitle it: “Indoor organic cannabis growers guide”
15481316539833485037796464539856.jpg

Mine has had water droplets forming since I made it and put it in my basement
That’s a good thing. I have bins in my basement and they typically always have moisture condensation on the lid. There is life in the soil and it’s doing its thing.
Just had to say, yes the condensation is a good thing :thumb: you want that tote to be able to breathe tho ...

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom