Fanleaf Tries To Germ & Grow A Stash Of 42 Year Old Acapulco Gold Seeds!

No good news yet guys. Im considering removing the seeds from the paper towel and putting them in a cup of water with a hint of H2O2 and aloe.
What do you guys think?
Ive never done that so im unsure of how much of each to use.

Sent from my VS980 4G using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Man! Just remember patience is a virtue! If you want some of my germination solution, I'd be happy to send a vial of it to you. Don't know if it'll work, but it's shown promise to me.
Keep your chin up!!

Agreed
The 1 thing that concerns me is that the first seed that started to show a tap root and stopped. I'm wondering if that's a sign that the stored energy in the seed is about toast.

Sounds like the Gold Leaf seed I'm trying to germ. After soaking for 36 hours they finally showed some sign of life. Transferred to paper towel for a few days and no change. Figured WTH and dropped them in sphagnum pucks. A week later and no sign of life so with the dexterity of a brain surgeon I excised them from the pucks. Both had swollen to twice their original size and were showing a bit more root development so back in Ready Rooters they went. Now it's just a waiting game.

Be patient, these seeds have run out of steam with time, which means germination will be very slow. I approve your method so far. Let them soak well first, and then transport them back to the paper towel. I've used black tea extract for old seeds in the past, and it works, however 20% germination rate is probably optimistic. Just keep soaking them until you have something. Also the more you start better the chance to get at least one or two.

Hi ya Fanleaf, brother, I sure hope this works out for you. That AG was sooo good back in the day. If I may, stop using that RO water as it's stripped of everything useful, nutrient wise. Mineral water with a few drops of superthrive and a small pinch of sugar should help a lot. The H2O2 is a big help as well. My two cents. No stems, no seed that you don't need...Acapulco Gold is bad ass weed!

Why not planting one straight into the hi brix cooked soil with roots powder?
Great Call
Funny that one of the beans in the water swole up till the shell cracked open. Also convenient that I still have a few gallons of pre cooked Docs hi brix soil. So earlier today I did exactly what you suggest. The bean that I put in this cup with the hi brix soil swelled up really big cracked the shell and I can see white inside the seed but no Taproot yet. I went ahead and planted it earlier today.
420-magazine-mobile735031007.jpg

Hi ya Fanleaf, brother, I sure hope this works out for you. That AG was sooo good back in the day. If I may, stop using that RO water as it's stripped of everything useful, nutrient wise. Mineral water with a few drops of superthrive and a small pinch of sugar should help a lot. The H2O2 is a big help as well. My two cents. No stems, no seed that you don't need...Acapulco Gold is bad ass weed!
Good call. I have a gallon of spring , water on hand. That will do.
Ive got a few planted. 1 in hi brix soil and 1 in just promix. Obviously the promixx doesn't have much for nutrition to grow a plant but it does have very tiny amounts that may be good for the seed.

Subbed, gotta check the COBs out. Good job, your garden looks sophisticated! :thumb: :love: :Namaste:

Re: Fanleaf Tries To Germ & Grow A Stash Of 42 Year Old Acapulco Gold Seeds!

Its still a waiting game guys. Heres some of them. No change yet.
420-magazine-mobile1336519415.jpg

We have those 5 wet with a tiny dab of superthrive.
We have a few more wet with rooting hormone and 1 in hi brix soil and one in Promix

Dude!

AG and Panama Red were my two first gourmet experiences in the otherwise ditch-weed existence of my teen years! I had a boss who loved the best, and had a good time getting noobs like me stoned out of our minds.
----- R.I.P. Mark T. You were a hoot... :circle-of-love: :hookah: ...just look at us now!

I'm in for the count on this one, Fanleaf! You rock!

Re: Fanleaf Tries To Germ & Grow A Stash Of 42 Year Old Acapulco Gold Seeds!

Its still a waiting game guys. Heres some of them. No change yet.
420-magazine-mobile1336519415.jpg

We have those 5 wet with a tiny dab of superthrive.
We have a few more wet with rooting hormone and 1 in hi brix soil and one in Promix

Did you sex the seeds before Germination fan?

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

I just noticed seed supreme is selling acapulco gold feminized seeds. what would be the difference part from the fact that yours are 42 years old?

Back
Top Bottom