Farside05's Super Secret Weed Feed Grow

You think... Mmm... I think it's still a great way to measure light.. if recommendations for lights come out saying; 35w square foot minimum or 65w square foot minimum... Par lumens are also good, as long as what we are measuring is used by the plant...

You think... Mmm... I think it's still a great way to measure light.. if recommendations for lights come out saying; 35w square foot minimum or 65w square foot minimum... Par lumens are also good, as long as what we are measuring is used by the plant...

What I'm trying to say is If you had a light that was 50% efficient, 300 watts would produce 150 watts of usable light for the plant. 75% efficiency, 225 watts usable. 90%, 270. So as efficiency of lighting gets better, it's harder to compare one light to another based on wattage alone.

My old setup was 80 watts sq/ft. I'm betting that the 42 watts sq/ft of my new setup produces better. If not it was a waste of $400.

Got into some of the Purple Kush last night. It's only been dried for a week, and hasn't been cured at all, and it's already my #1 for flavor. Too bad she was a runtish plant. I'd love to have a big fat bush of her. I still have another seed of it so I guess I'll be finding out if it was just that plant or if they are all like that.

looks good farside! Cant wait to see what she does for ya! The whole "took longer than expected" is why im steering away from diy, i just dont have thr extra time. And i need a flower light

I understand. Much like when I work on my cars myself rather than take them to a shop, for me it came down to money. A sub $400 strip build vs a premade $600 - $700 Quantum board or COB light. There's also the satisfaction of saying you did it yourself too. Had I chosen Samsung strips over Bridgelux it would have cut down on time quite a bit. Mounting 5 heatsinks and wiring 5 strips would have cut that time down to a 1/3rd vs the 15 I did with Bridgelux. Again it came down to cost. The Bridgelux setup was about $50 less. I chose the wrong wire which had me running to the hardware store for something different which cost me an hour or so too. Its 20 min each way to the nearest hardware. I had bought some thin stranded wire and it wasn't stiff enough to poke into the strip's connectors.

@solareclipse Thanks. The last plant will get chopped Saturday, ready or not. I have to have some time to dry it before I leave town. The next grow will start at the beginning of July. Although it's for The Vaults Comparison I'll likely do a separate thread too so I can keep track of my results so I don't have to weed through the giant thread that is the comparisons thread if I want to go back and look at it at a later date. I'll be returning to my base Dyna Gro recipe, just 2 products.

@solareclipse Thanks. The last plant will get chopped Saturday, ready or not. I have to have some time to dry it before I leave town. The next grow will start at the beginning of July. Although it's for The Vaults Comparison I'll likely do a separate thread too so I can keep track of my results so I don't have to weed through the giant thread that is the comparisons thread if I want to go back and look at it at a later date. I'll be returning to my base Dyna Gro recipe, just 2 products.

Shit man idk y its not letting me get notifications about people adding shit to there journals when they do updates but yea buddy tht light is tits lol and dam brother looks great. I even got to do Lil building my light rail showed up 2day so i got to build that but urs looks way more fun to do lol. Great job tho getting it setup and running plus im sure now u will be getting even more of a massive yield then u did b4 atleast thts what i see from others tht decide to build there own lights like these. Good luck with it man an namaste.

@Blazinjones Thanks. Sometimes I don't get all the notifications either. I'll check my watched threads and find I've missed a page of posts. I did pretty good for 3 years with my little Mars. They we're about the cheapest lighting I could get when I started. Now I think I've moved up to something towards the top of the food chain. No longer the hyena, now I'm the lion...lol

Broke out the Magical Butter machine. Turning 3oz of bud into 2lbs of butter. A friend wants to make some caramels. At least it helped thin the heard of jars in the closet by 3.

@Blazinjones Thanks. Sometimes I don't get all the notifications either. I'll check my watched threads and find I've missed a page of posts. I did pretty good for 3 years with my little Mars. They we're about the cheapest lighting I could get when I started. Now I think I've moved up to something towards the top of the food chain. No longer the hyena, now I'm the lion...lol

Broke out the Magical Butter machine. Turning 3oz of bud into 2lbs of butter. A friend wants to make some caramels. At least it helped thin the heard of jars in the closet by 3.

Nice my mbm been sitn on the shelf for abit now i think ill get it back out and start making oil with it again cause when i was making bio bombs that thing works great

The last Ice Cool came down. She wasn't ready. Not firm enough and still mostly clear. Oh well, out of time. The tent is shut down for a couple weeks. Will be back up in July.

Tried some if the Blueberry Kush. Although she's fluffy and not cured yet, she's a good smoke and packs a punch. Very cerebral. My head was racing for a couple hours then a beautiful nap followed. She'd be interesting to see how it would turn out under the better lighting, but then again there's a lot of strains I'd like to try under this new strip LED, but first the comparative grow.

The last Ice Cool came down. She wasn't ready. Not firm enough and still mostly clear. Oh well, out of time. The tent is shut down for a couple weeks. Will be back up in July.

Tried some if the Blueberry Kush. Although she's fluffy and not cured yet, she's a good smoke and packs a punch. Very cerebral. My head was racing for a couple hours then a beautiful nap followed. She'd be interesting to see how it would turn out under the better lighting, but then again there's a lot of strains I'd like to try under this new strip LED, but first the comparative grow.

We got any nug shots of the ice cool u just brought down? And have u grown a good amount of blueberry strains out b4? Just asking cuz i was wondering if you noticed you have 2 cure those strains longer then other strains 2 get rid of any chlorophyll taste? Cuz i have with my blueberry buds end up with hay like buds or the smell doesnt get very potent n i dnt wana have my blue dream tht i will be harvesting in the next 2weeks or so go like tht lol.

On vacation in Playa del Carmen Mexico and ran across a bronze statue of the Sweet Seeds mascot. OK, I'm sure it represents something more than a cannabis seed company, but that's what it means to me.

Ganesh... Enjoy your holiday...

On vacation in Playa del Carmen Mexico and ran across a bronze statue of the Sweet Seeds mascot. OK, I'm sure it represents something more than a cannabis seed company, but that's what it means to me.

Dude tht is sweet i would so put it in my garden lol. Well hope ur having a great time on ur vacay.

This grow is over. I'm on to the next. Please feel free to see the next grow where I'll be growing Brooklyn Sunrise and Blue Dream'matic as part of The Vault's comparison grow. Looking to put the new light to the test and its back to super basic when it comes to feeding. You'll find it HERE

Meet my new baby. Took way longer than I expected due to the learning curve. I could do it again much quicker. She is BRIGHT! This should be a game changer for me. Here's some pictures of her birth.

Nice light man

Back
Top Bottom