Farside05's Super Secret Weed Feed Grow

More presents came in the mail. Tomorrow should be the last of it. I have everything but the heat sinks, strips, and pot for the dimmer. I'll have to buy the frame material but at least I scetched out how I want to lay it out and have it in my head now. It will be Monday before assembly. I have a 7 day work week this week.

All the parts are here and seeds for the comparison grow. So many toys! Santa must have thought I was a good boy. It will be Christmas in July (when I start this next grow).

Welcome. This one is getting close to finishing up but I'll start a new journal for the comparison grows, along with posting in the respective comparison threads. I may do a step by step thread of building my light too.

Welcome. This one is getting close to finishing up but I'll start a new journal for the comparison grows, along with posting in the respective comparison threads. I may do a step by step thread of building my light too.

Well glad to hear u got all ur stuff u ordered i love gettn things in the mail lol. And good luck with the comparison grow what strains r u using?

Well glad to hear u got all ur stuff u ordered i love gettn things in the mail lol. And good luck with the comparison grow what strains r u using?

I'm taking part in the comparison/seed giveaway sponsored by The Vault. Blue Dream'matic from Fast Buds and Brooklyn Sunrise by Dutch Passion.

Still won't be able to drop seeds for a while but I'm out buying the materials for the frame for the LED build. Maybe I'll get that done before Monday.

I'm taking part in the comparison/seed giveaway sponsored by The Vault. Blue Dream'matic from Fast Buds and Brooklyn Sunrise by Dutch Passion.

Oh shit ur in tht comp. To dam i cant wait to see how all ur guys girls end up im currently running a bluedream'matic from fast buds. I won the vaults xmas give away this past year n igot a bunch of fast buds seeds and so far im very happy with the quality ive growen from there beans. My bd.matic is being done under my after market cob light which its ok but my dwarf stars or my growant light produce way better buds imo but even still the bd is making some nice tops. She jus started to flower so im guna be putting her under my growant in the nex few days to make some nice dense frosty buds. Are u guna be doing urs in soil with pro-tekt n foilage pro or no?

Yep, Pro Mix, Foliage Pro, and Pro Tekt.

Awesome i cant wait for mine to really get going i used jus plain promix at first then gave a feeding of my remo nutes to one of my other clones also promix n the ones i gave the foliage pro and protekt are doing way faster growth and looking better then my remo clones lol i bet ur guna rock thesr girls gud luck bro.

Nice job, how did you determine the spacing for the strips? How much watts is she outputting?

Thanks. Spacing, it was real scientific. I mounted the ends, found the center and put that one in. The remaining 12 were eyeballed. I tried measuring, using various "spacers", and frankly it was easier and pretty damn close just using the human eye. I ended up using a little double sided thermal tape on the inside of the track so I could make small adjustments without knocking everything all over the place. Once I got it set the way I wanted I tapped and screwed everything down for good. She should be drawing about 300 watts (vs my old LEDs that we're drawing 560), yet putting out about 3x more light (when using par value as the unit of measure). Wattage is becoming an obsolete way to measure lighting with all this newer technology. 300 watts of strips or quantum boards vs 300 of COBs vs 300 of you older style LEDs vs 300 of HPS. The amount of light each puts out for the wattage used will vary widely.

Back
Top Bottom