First Grow Ever, Excited, Anxious & A Little Scared

I wanted to give an update. I dont have pictures at this time but just know that the girls are doing quite well.

I fed them Grow Big at half strength two days ago and the white spots are starting to clear up. I had a feeling that the issues were with nutrients. I give them a little over 1quart of water per watering. So I plan on using cal/mag at half strength at one quart per plant once a week, grow big at half strength per plant at one quart per plant, and tiger bloom at half strength at one quart per plant when they dont get cal/mag.

The discoloration with the leaves is beginning to look a lot better.

I had a feeling that the hydro shop was over estimating the soil. Buying more soil and waiting to use nutrients would not have been a good decision.

The sprouts at the top are growing well after the topping and I am gently bending the branches.

Can someone please help me understand the different parts of the plant? I can see that the huge leaves are much richer and have a deeper color and there are other leaves that are lighter in color, a bit smaller, but have more sprouts and growth off of them.

Can I expect to see the buds when they start to flower off of the smaller more abundant growth and not on the big leaves?

When I start to LST, i expect to do that real soon, will I need to focus on the lighter color growth?

When should I consider cutting back the lower branches/leaves even if I do this at all?

Their size is short and bushy so I may not be needing to trim their lower branches.

Here they are! The grow big is making them GROW BIG!

20170305_214417.jpg

20170305_214517.jpg

Looking great man! Nice height to her.. looking to lst at all? you said you were trying to bend the branches. Buds grow on the bud sites which are the smaller new growth, it will also grow down those sites i think too. The big leaves are the fan leaves, those allow the plant to breath, buds dont grow on those at all. If you have some of the fan leaves covering your new growth/bud sites you may want to remove them to allow the light to get to the new growth. Lst helps a lot with that as well!

Sent from my SM-G925R4 using 420 Magazine Mobile App

I was feeling bad because I thought it was too late. Granted I could have started a week back or even as they were getting their 3rd set but i still have about 2 weeks in veg and they should come back nicely. I am glad I didn't wait because I want that inside growth to fill out and that's why I cut those four big leaves off of each one. They were blocking the inside out from light.

My grow area is beginning to smell so we have to get a filter for our 6" fan.

Man they are looking good.. they really held up well with that lst too! They will bounce back nicely for you.. well done, two to three weeks and those tops that you bent over will be all filled in again with new ones! Im excited to see the results

Yea i have my tent in our closet in our bedroom and it stinks up the bedroom and the space outside the bedroom too. I didnt realize it would smell so much in veg! but i enjoy it and it smells like weed in the house anyway since i smoke so much lol

Its ok i read its never too late to start as long as you are still in veg. Next time before you lst bend all the branches down then you will see new growth in between the branches and the stalk, thats when you want to start lst then your growth will explode. Idk if that's the norm but it definitely worked for me! My plants are literally twice as wide as before and much taller then when i started to bend the branches down.

Good LST mate
Keep your night temperature steady, around 20C, in order to promote tight internode growth
The colder it is at night, the more the branches stretch out

Just like how if the light source is weak they will stretch longer
What you want is bushes not trees

Also at this stage personally I'd not recommend removing any leaves, you want all the growth you can get - good idea to allow light into the centre tho to bring on the interior growth - maybe just bend those obscuring fan leaves outta the way if possible

Ill be following this grow. Im on my second grow. Im also LST after learning' the hard way my space is limited. Going to try different techniques next grow. Your pkants are Beautiful.

Sent with my Light and Love Happy Growing

My girls were in veg for i think nine weeks all told

They are currently in week six of bloom and are looking insane - four plants over 1.5m sq area, completely filling the tent -- around the same height & entirely covered with fat buds

This is longer than i expected but i had a few issues this only being my second real grow

I almost cooked em when they were real tiny and that added a weeks recovery time

I messed the ph up (dialling it to 5.2 was too low, i sit em on 6.0 now) and that needed a couple weeks to flush properly and get back on track

Key is to take your time & allow many bud sites to form before letting the buds begin

And massively important is loving your plants, believe in them, send them strength & vitality in your thoughts, visualise how you want them to grow

Checked the girls and O M G!!

They came back nicely! Wow!! I am watering them every two days. They still get nutes at half strength. I will try full strength next week.

20170310_174809.jpg

20170310_174807.jpg
What are you using for nutes? I know when using Fox Farm you don't want to go full strength Cuz it'll burn the s*** out of your plants.

Sent with my Light and Love Happy Growing

Back
Top Bottom