First Grow Fire OG LED 900W In Soil

That's right I forgot your running autos, good call. Well Just getting those 2 leaves out should help tons.. Have your's shown pre flowers yet?

I didn't specifically focus on looking today today I but I did see some bulging an little white hairs at a couple the joints... I was focused on giving the girls a good lashing but I made a note to check them out tomorrow for that, it'll be day 24...and about that time I should be seeing gender, if not certainly in next couple days I think.

@ Knight hawk : hey there, yeah definitely needed to get them out of there, causing to much shade. lol trying to keep the canopy growing even. I'll for sure be doing another more dramatic defoliation again before I make the switch to flower. And maybe even once more in early flower, if it needs it.

So go for it, it definitely won't hurt!

@ Oregon Farmer : well, like I stated, it was not done on purpose. I accidentally did my math wrong for the amount of soil I needed for the two 5 gal pots. So I planted them, when it was sprouted added more soil. Plus, originally I had them filled with just Fox Farm Ocean Forest. And Happy Frog they say is more suitable for seedlings. Lighter nutrients. So I filled the top few inches with Happy Frog soil. All mixed with 10-15% perlite. I hope that answers your question, thanks for stopping by!

Nice! My apologizes... The DutchTreat I was smoking on had me blurry eyed and I mis-read that. Makes sense though - I was totally thinking you did it intentionally :)

Here's an update:
GDK1 is just over a month old. 32 days. Fed "Charlotte" 1 and a half gallons of water, with just 2ml of calmag. PH to 6.3 also tested the PH of the soil run-off for the first time today after watering. It was 6.4 really happy about that

Also cut off a few more fan leaves. after I did the defoliation the other day, there were still a couple that were blocking some potential bud sites. So I got them out of there. She seems to be coming along nicely.

One thing that bothers me though, is that while doing the LST, the main stem was split. Just a little bit, but I hope it doesn't get worse, or affect how much weight each side can support.. Any advice or info on this, is much appreciated.

Well that's about it, will probably be switching her to 12/12 in the middle of week 6. So about a week and a half until the flip. Also, I just learned how to make pictures not look all purple, so next updates pics will be better.
420-magazine-mobile547521002.jpg
420-magazine-mobile919015269.jpg
420-magazine-mobile764845833.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1487784206.jpg
420-magazine-mobile189202428.jpg
420-magazine-mobile660275952.jpg

@ Knight hawk, yeah I'm hoping she will just heal herself, she should so I'm not too worried. And haha the "antenna" things are just plastic sticks I used to do the lst. I will use the tops of them too, when the colas started getting tall/fat, it will help keep them supported. I guess I have my own style of lst training, it's like a hybrid of Topping/Manifold/Tying down branches. Lol, if that makes any sense. Well see if it works. A scrog, will definitely be my main training method after this. Seems much easier.

Kevin...came by to see your journal after seeing you over my way. Nice job setting up & getting started. Couple of suggestions....cut down your water, 1.5 gal. for a mo. old plant is too much. Increase gradually as she grows. In veg 6.0 to 6.3 pH best...Ca is very important & absorbs best in that range. Microbe Life Dechlorinator will remove both chlorine & chloramine. Valuable but inexpensive product. Watch pH as the tap bicarbonates can raise your soil pH & cause problems. Use first aid paper tape for "repairs"....breathes & expands as stems grow. Some use a dab of Elmer's glue for things like your split stem. :Namaste:

Hey there BrightLight, thanks for stopping by, I appreciate all the tips. It's funny you say to cut down amount of water, last watering I used 1.5 gallons and I could tell it was too much. So I'll be going back to giving just 1 gallon, then up it after a couple weeks, or when I feel she's ready. Also, in soil I've heard 6-6.8 is best. I ph my water every time, I like it to fluctuate, so I water at different ph every time, staying in that range. The water I use is put through a filter, and I change the filter when the ppm reads over 006. So it already takes out the chlorine and chloramine , along with all other dissolved solids. Plus, I let it sit out for 24 hours before water, just cause. Anyways, thanks for stopping by! Thanks for the feedback

So I have a question, and it's mostly for those with experience, in this area.

So I went out and bought all the materials to make a scrog (3/4 inch PVC, looped screws, and string) at first I was hoping to have 2 plants, and when that didn't work out, I decided to not use the scrog. Now, because it's a sativa dominant and is going to stretch a lot, I think I'm going to use it. My plant at the moment is about 8 inches tall, and I want the scrog about 8 inches above soil, so I need to act now.

My question, would it be better to just build the scrog and use that, or would a trellis be better? I saw one at my local hydro store, and just wondering which might work better... is the trellis easier to handle/work with? Any info and advice is welcome, thanks

So I went to my local hydro store, and all the trellis's they had were way too big. So I just went ahead and built my scrog. I think it turned out really good. The demensions are 42in L, 21in W, 17in H. My smart pot is about 11-12 inches high, and the soil is at about the 10 inch mark. So it's about 7 inches above the soil. I thought that was the perfect height.

Charlotte is 4 weeks and 5 days old. 33 days old. She is doing good, I will probably have to wait another week or two before I flip, so she can really fill in the scrog. I'll make another update next watering.
420-magazine-mobile560203010.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1301353640.jpg
420-magazine-mobile399480293.jpg

Fantastic work on the screen.
I love how tidy you keep things too.

I have two trellis nets that came with my tent, been debating possible use as well, 4"^2 holes if I remember correctly (but they also cover the whole darn tent which complicates moving around, feel like it might just get in the way though right now with my two ladies and everything else going on, could change my mind though, same goes for building exactly what you just built...I see the value esp not having to screw around with attaching to tent poles, still think it might get in the way of other things I have in the tent, unless maybe I build two different ones (one for each plant) and smaller.

@ Knight hawk, Thanks man, it took some time to make, but it was pretty easy. The squares are 3inch. I also plan on making a 4' by 4' scrog, for my next grow. I really like the idea of a scrog, especially because I prefer sativa, so Sativa dominant strains are mainly what I'll be growing. So it will help in contolling the strectch. But, having the scrog in there, definitely makey things a little tricky. It will take some getting use to.
And yeah I've always liked things clean and tidy, especially in my grow area!

That setup is looking very dope, Kev. And!! I have a small version of your watering can, same logo imprinted on the side! Haha!

I'm looking forward to the rest of this grow, for sure. You've put the pieces in place for a good show, my friend.

Grow on!!:cheer:

Woke up this morning, looked inside my tent and noticed some of the fan leaves near the top of canopy are clawing. It Looks like Nitrogen toxicity. probably because I had just added a little more soil on the top (a mix of FFOF &FFHF and perlite) the same day I watered and fed her. So it makes sense. I'm hoping she will just get better on her own, next water will be with no nutrients, so she will get a few days to chill out. Well see what happens. I'm thinking I'll be making the flip to 12/12 on 8/1. I'm not really sure how much I should let the screen fill in before I flower her. Not too much I'm thinking, because she will probably stretch like crazy, and will need room. If I could get some advice, that would be great.

Back
Top Bottom