First Grow from the Frigid N.E.

Hello everyone,
Its been a couple of weeks and time for an update, the Northern Lights grow is now 101 days old and 63 days flowering. I have decided to take 3 of them down today and wait a week to harvest the last 2. The next grow is about to go into the oven, they are 37 days old and starting to show sex, I have 4 Bubble Gum and 2 Crystal, 1 bubble gum is female so far and 1 BG and 1 Crystal are males. Hopefully the last 2 BG and 1 Crystal will show any day now.
Here are a few pics to show you whats up.
This is the grow room with all 5 NL's.
Northern_Lights6.jpg

Here are the 3 ladies after I did some initial trimming.
Nothern_Lights1.jpg

Here are the buds after harvest.
NL_Buds.jpg

Here are the nugs from the harvest.
NL_Nugs.jpg

Hope you enjoy the update as much as I have enjoyed growing them.

Nice looking harvest. Do you have a smoke report?

Hey BassBong, thanks for the message and yes it was a nice harvest. It's just getting dry enough to smoke and I have only smoked the small nugs, I'm saving the buds for some curing time. Right now the smoke is sweet, thanks to Bud Candy, and it has a very strong earthy taste and a little harsh but the earthy taste and the harshness will mellow out after a couple weeks of curing. The high comes on quickly and is very strong in the head and I feel some numbing, tingling in my body and on the verge of serious couch lock. Yesterday I sat in my easy chair and smoked a bowl, I was staring at my turned off tv and lost over an hour of time. You will not be disappointed in your NL at all.
I harvested the last 2 of My Northern Lights this morning and will be posting the update today.

Hello everyone,

Its time for the latest news, today is harvest day for the last two of my Northern Lights. They are 108 days old and flowered for 70 days and have thoroughly enjoyed watching them grow through all the stages. This morning was a beautiful sunny day so I brought them to my office and opened all the blinds while I trimmed and harvested them. I was astonished at what I saw in the natural light, they were covered with crystals, the buds actually sparkled like diamonds. When I finished harvesting my fingers felt like I had put super glue on them and I touched the buds as minimal as possible, I mainly held the stems. Here are a few pics of the harvest and when this one dries I will put the 2 harvests together and and take a final pic and will weigh if I can.
The new grow is doing well also but it looks like I will have only one female to start as all others are male. The good news is my Bubble Gum lady gave birth to 6 beautiful baby girls. One of the babies will become a mother plant to join her sister Northern Lights mom. I do have one of the Bubble Gum males in the flower room letting him sprout some flowers and before he opens he will move out to drop pollen else where and I will pollinate a lower branch or two for the seeds encase disaster strikes. I also have 5 Northern light babies that will be ready for the flower room in about two weeks.
Here are a few pics of todays harvest.

After the initial trimming
Northern_Lights7.jpg

A pic of the buds
Northern_Lights_Buds.jpg

Last but not least her nugs
Northern_Lights_Nugs.jpg

I hope you enjoy this as much as I have enjoyed growing and sharing.

Hello DreaminOfBuds.
Can't understand why no one joined your grow until it was almost over. That wasn't good!
I'm giving you a big WELCOME and I'm giving you as many +reps as they let me! You have and had a terrific grow going. I like your smoke reports also as they are quite informative and encouraging.

I found your grow when I was searching for a NL grow. I'm just about to start a NL grow myself. I think it's NL #1 (from Marujuanaseeds.nl). I just harvested the last of my Mazar/Afghan grow and it's curing right now. If ya got time, check out the link.

I'll be around for the rest of your grow and harvest. Good luck!

Hello DreaminOfBuds.
Can't understand why no one joined your grow until it was almost over. That wasn't good!
I'm giving you a big WELCOME and I'm giving you as many +reps as they let me! You have and had a terrific grow going. I like your smoke reports also as they are quite informative and encouraging.

I found your grow when I was searching for a NL grow. I'm just about to start a NL grow myself. I think it's NL #1 (from Marujuanaseeds.nl). I just harvested the last of my Mazar/Afghan grow and it's curing right now. If ya got time, check out the link.

I'll be around for the rest of your grow and harvest. Good luck!

Hello Woodsman and many thanks for the message and the reps, it is greatly appreciated. Yes it has been lonely and I sometimes feel this is more of a grow calendar than a journal but that's ok because it helps me keep my dates and times correct.
I'm really glad to hear you will be growing NL #1, mine are NL #1 and I bought mine from the same place as you, I got the indoor seed special. I wish you the best of luck with your NL, I know you will love them and they are so easy to grow and clone.
Again thanks for the message and the kind words.:thanks:

Hello Woodsman and many thanks for the message and the reps, it is greatly appreciated. Yes it has been lonely and I sometimes feel this is more of a grow calendar than a journal but that's ok because it helps me keep my dates and times correct.
I'm really glad to hear you will be growing NL #1, mine are NL #1 and I bought mine from the same place as you, I got the indoor seed special. I wish you the best of luck with your NL, I know you will love them and they are so easy to grow and clone.
Again thanks for the message and the kind words.:thanks:

If I'm not mistaken, your NL#1 was the plant on the right in the photos and you had mentioned that there were some issues with it. Could you elaborate?

If I'm not mistaken, your NL#1 was the plant on the right in the photos and you had mentioned that there were some issues with it. Could you elaborate?

Sure I would be happy to, first all of my Northern Lights are #1 but numbered some differently for identification only. But when I first started I used Miracle-Gro soil and standard Peters Nutes and had no PH meter, my water comes from the tap at 8.5. Some of my plants were yellowing and leaves falling off and stunted growth, I was killing them. One of the members here changed me to Fox farms nutes, added perilite to the soil and I got a digital PH tester and that took care of all my problems. Since I started using FF nutes and checking PH I've had no problems at all. Knock on wood.

Any other questions you might have just ask away.

Start another journal, and we'll take a seat early!

Good morning Tiger Balm,
Thanks for the post and the interest. I would really like to start a new journal as I'm adding a new strain and will begin a rotating process for a monthly harvest of 5 plants but with past experiences I've found out it is frowned upon but will see what I can do:thanks:.

Good morning everyone,

It's time for the final update on this Northern Lights #1 grow. I feel it was a very successful grow and a very good harvest. I will be curing using the mason jar and burping daily for the first week or two and then will seal for storage.

Here are the stats:
5 plants 203g, (7.25 oz), avg. 40.6g per plant.

9 Week flower harvest 3 plants 104g, avg. 34.7g per plant
10 week flower harvest 2 plants 99g, avg 49.5g per plant

That's almost a 15g per plant increase or 42% increase in weight with 1 extra week of flowering, almost impossible to believe. I will wait a couple weeks then will see if there is any real difference in effect. Next time I will break down the harvest by topped and non topped plants, I did have 1 topped plant that was in the 10 week harvest which I think may have been a major factor in the weight increase. WOW I'm beyond stoned and just rambling on.:loopy:
Lets ramble some more. Next is the final pic, the front left and center piles are the wk. 9 harvest and the back left and center piles are the wk. 10 harvest. The pile on the right are the cola's, they will be saved for a special occasion.
NL_total_harvest.jpg

Update on new grow; I have 2 female Bubble Gum plants instead of 1, they are 46 days old and have been flowering for 7 days and are doing very well. I have 5 female NL #1 ladies that I planted into their 3 gallon pots 3 days ago. They are 39 days old but were taken as clones 3 weeks into flowering and they took about 5 weeks to revert back to veg. growth. They should be ready for the flower room in about a week to 10 days. I also have 6 Bubble Gum clones that were taken 7 days ago and should be showing roots soon.

Hope you enjoyed.

Good morning Tiger Balm and Wingman580,

Thanks for stopping by and the kind words and I'm stoked to have you on board now. Hey Tiger I bet this next grow takes more than 3 pages and I look forward to all the communications going forward.

Excellent. I have 6 clones just taking off and 2 seedlings - not starting too many as my flowering room holds only 8 plants comfortably. I also pollenated 2 buds on my flowering plants and found some naners and what looks like a seed or two, so have potential for a seed bank.
I enjoy seeing how everyone's grow progresses - i learn something all the time.

Excellent. I have 6 clones just taking off and 2 seedlings - not starting too many as my flowering room holds only 8 plants comfortably. I also pollenated 2 buds on my flowering plants and found some naners and what looks like a seed or two, so have potential for a seed bank.

Sounds good Tiger,
8 plants are a lot of plants and should be a sizable harvest for you. How do you like cloning, to me it's easier, faster, I know what I'm getting and no seed searching and best of all cheaper than buying seeds.
I grew some seeds on my first grow and now have about 50 NL#1 seeds and in this grow I have a Bubble Gum male which I think I will do the same as you are and pollinate a couple of lower branches, This was the last of my BG seeds and need to resupply before something happens and I lose everything. Just remember to leave the seeds on the plant after harvest or you will end up with a lot of premature seeds.
Happy growing.

those r some nice buds gotta love nl

Thank you yankeefan, I wish I was a better photographer were I could really get a good pic to let everyone really see the buds in their true form. I must say I love my NL and plan on growing NL as long as I can. I've been smoking 30+ years and I don't think I've every had any smoke as good as this or maybe it's just that I'm a proud daddy of all my little girls.

Again thank you yankeefan.

Back
Top Bottom