First Grow & Legally In Canada

I can't get them under more light ie the sun for another two weeks i'm going to try to leave them in those pots as long as possible they have a long grow period ahead as they are going till fall. I have a heat pad to keep them warm can the lights be further away when there true leaves get bigger? And interesting opinion on paper towel it kind of makes sense

What happens when you have smallish containers with young seedlings is they are growing roots exponentially now. You don't want to root bound them early on.

That will trigger the plant to stop growing vertically or at least slow down vertical growth and start side branching.

If you want to go outdoors or into a greenhouse you will have lots more VERTICAL space than horizontal. You want them to grow tall. Get them into bigger pots so they continue to grow taller. Once you change location in a few more weeks they will take off if you give them enough soil.

You can VEG a cannabis plant for a very very long time. I have some mothers that are 2 years or more old right now. Soon I will just cut all the tops off and make them clones and toss the mother. The clones will be the same age as the mother. Round and around it goes. New set of donor plants for clones that go into flower.

The Mother should be a worthy selection. Just a little food for thought going forward, should you find a plant you really really like, or a friend really likes. Won't have to purchase seeds. Well thats the idea anyway.

You mentioned greenhouse I think?? Just be careful with Tomatoes in with cannabis. They attract pests (tomato) that are harmful to cannabis.

Spinosad is a friend for IPM.

IPM = Integrated Pest Management.

IPM is very simple start reading up on it when you get time.

It's obvious you know how to grow plants. Use the same technique you do for your veggies and flowers with the cannabis.

Someone here gave me that advice a long long time ago.

I grow my cannabis much like we grow our Hydrangea outside. My wife kicks my ass routinely with bigger badder hydrangea flowers and they last longer too. sadly. lol

I will look at the dirtball in a few days and see how much the roots have expanded I agree I don't really want to slow it down any. And luckily never really get any pest's in the greenhouse but will be vigilant thank you.

You can start light feeding (1/4 dose) after about the fouth node. Just keep an eye that you don't overdo it. Work up from 1/4 dose as the plant grows.
Depending on what the manufacturer says, most people will do a F-F-F-W routine. Straight pH water on the fourth feed.
Do the cotyledon's count as one node?

Day 14 I think my king tut is furthest along, after the leaves start getting bigger can I have the lights a little further away (from 1 cm to 1 inch) or just let them stay super close. All the bulbs are cool to the touch and the girls seem happy.

Day 16 I can see what I think is my first 5 blade leaves, tomorrow I will try to find a better pot for the girls and will up pot next time they need water. I have definitely confirmed that distance from light caused my first ones to stretch and I will post a picture of the tall ones at 9 days and my newest girl at about 9 days I believe

And then here is the other ladies

King Tut
img_0410-jpg.1739885

Attachments

• IMG_0410.JPG
    IMG_0410.JPG
    423.4 KB · Views: 352
  • IMG_0412.JPG
    IMG_0412.JPG
    487 KB · Views: 208
Looking good... up-pot I like to go to a #3 or a #4 pot. Can VEG and FLOWER in a #4.

I flower in larger 7.5 gal pots.

These plants grow fast. You want to get them into larger containers fairly soon.

Once you get to 3rd nodes its time to give the roots some more leg room.

Plant size is proportional to root size.

Looking good... up-pot I like to go to a #3 or a #4 pot. Can VEG and FLOWER in a #4.

I flower in larger 7.5 gal pots.

These plants grow fast. You want to get them into larger containers fairly soon.

Once you get to 3rd nodes its time to give the roots some more leg room.

Plant size is proportional to root size.
they are not seeing anything close to that for 2 weeks best i can do is about 1.5 inches bigger in diameter and depth

So the only pots I can find are round about 2 cm taller and about 1 inch wider is it worth up potting it for that little difference? They will be put in a 5 gallon on the 18 approximately of this month

Wait until you're ready. Its gonna be alright.
If I start to see any roots from the drainage holes of pot should I then stick them in the slightly larger container? I would rather not repot them twice in 2 weeks if I don't have to and I peeked at the one and it just has a little root at bottom of dirtball nothing anywhere else.

Back
Top Bottom